[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Feature Suggestion] Party Buff Icons

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'd like to suggest a new feature to the little party HP window thing.
This option, when toggled, would show you which players are currently buffed (or not buffed!) by your skills.

Using a half size (16x16) icon, borrowing an element from the fullsized icon, players can quickly glance at the HP window to check buffs.
This means they no longer have to ask if a player needs a buff or not. This would be extremely handy during bosses.
With the recent testings of 1080p over in KMS, I think the added size of the window wouldn't hurt the screen space economy that much.

Here are some mock ups of what it could look like.
0FxqWwV.png
This first image is a rough idea of what the smaller icons would look like.
In this example I'm using Bishop, as it has a lot of party buffs to work with.

And here's what the window itself might look like.
PmqUq2w.png
Members 1, 2, 5 and 6, are just so you can see icons without numbers.
Members 5 and 6 are not explorers, so the game doesn't show the icon for Epic Adventure.
Member 3 is fully buffed, with Holy Magic Shell and Epic Adventure about to expire, the other skills still have a few minutes left on them.
Member 4 has no buffs. They also have recently been buffed with Holy Magic Shell and Heaven's Door, so they can't be rebuffed by them just yet.

3xr4tPK.png
Here's a possible alternative to the horizontal setup.

This system would show you only your active buffs, and not passives or auras, since those activate in a unique way.
Another possible idea (not shown in samples) would be to show if a party member has a bind available or not.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think!
AstersLyedenArch_Alyssa
  1. Do you think this would be a useful feature?6 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (6 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Maybe
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited November 2018
    +1 I think its a nice idea!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I'm going to bump this thread in hopes that some more people can see it and possibly input on it.
    It's been 1 week (and 1 day) since I created this thread, so I feel that should be okay. (IE: Not spam)
    If a bump after 1 week is still considered against the rules, I'm sorry.
    Lyeden