[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Graphic bug - memory leak (solved)

DtxDtx
Reactions: 770
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Alright it's the 6th time in a row I got this problem. Can't do daily bosses because client crashes, and opening the game over and over takes a time that is kinda annoying.
sYHyQSy.jpg

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    You're likely suffering from a memory leak.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14007/graphic-elements-missing-after-playing-for-a-while

Why this is happening so quickly I couldn't say. I would suggest performing a full shutdown of your computer, just to be safe, but I don't have any other information; no one has been able to pinpoint a direct cause of the issue. Some players have speculated it has to do with the Legion raid, but it doesn't affect everyone in that case.
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    Well lot of people have this problem, reading from the post (1year ago) none has found any solution yet.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Well lot of people have this problem, reading from the post (1year ago) none has found any solution yet.

This happens to me a lot if I put any other program into fullscreen. Especially other games. It's probably related to Direct X or something else in the render pipeline.
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    I dont know what to do already, crashing 24/7, losing x2 coupons, MVP buff, spots. I can't grind.

Elite mob not dissapearing after being defeated
    b9KARbn.jpg

Adds on Gollux zombie mode
    BM4Zp3i.jpg

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I dont know what to do already, crashing 24/7, losing x2 coupons, MVP buff, spots. I can't grind.

Try to reverify the game files, redownload if you have to. Do you have any other glitches in other games?
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Try to reverify the game files, redownload if you have to. Do you have any other glitches in other games?

Nope, got all my drivers updated, playing other games with no problem.

Also some times my character appears in party with some unknown reason lol
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Nope, got all my drivers updated, playing other games with no problem.

Also some times my character appears in party with some unknown reason lol

That's really weird. I'd try redownloading the game. Either something is borked or you have a demon in your PC. (And I don't mean the slayer/avenger kind!)
    Dtx
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    Paranormal nexontivity continues.

CBVljP0.jpg
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2018
    The recent patch caused MapleStory to have frequent memory leak again, and only Nexon can fix it with a patch.

There is nothing you can do about memory leak, other than restarting Maple Story every so often (average memory usage is usually 1GB, once it goes past 1.5GB, you are having a memory leak)
    Dtx
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018

Do a full shutdown of your computer, as Neospector suggested above.
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Do a full shutdown of your computer, as Neospector suggested above.

I did everything I had in my hands, day by day the problem appears.
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    changing map and suddenly my character appears in a group with people that is not even online.

HUJA1xM.jpg

At this point I think Nexon is bullying me to quit the game :o
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    Today, mobs ignoring my attacks
    IftbACC.jpg

For real none has a solution for this? I got a ticket on support already, but the "we are still working on it" day by day is so frustrating :(
  • DtxDtx
    edited November 2018
    Checking all my drivers once again, for some unknown reason adobe flash reader was not on its last version. So yeah that was the problem.
    Fuhreak
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    changing map and suddenly my character appears in a group with people that is not even online.

HUJA1xM.jpg

You know what's very strange?

The people in the photo & their levels.... I just search all their IGN's including placing L's & i's to see if it would make a difference.

The only one's that pop up are
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=Klontas&search=true®ion=#ranking
    &
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=Fresi&search=true®ion=#ranking

The first is Lv 10 & The second is Lv 0...
    EXPLAIN DAT!
    NEXON!
  • uywepuywep
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2018
    stop hacking lol
  • ValhallenValhallen
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2018

HUJA1xM.jpg

You know what's very strange?

The people in the photo & their levels.... I just search all their IGN's including placing L's & i's to see if it would make a difference.

The only one's that pop up are
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=Klontas&search=true®ion=#ranking
    &
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/rankings/overall-ranking/legendary?pageIndex=1&character_name=Fresi&search=true®ion=#ranking

The first is Lv 10 & The second is Lv 0...
    EXPLAIN DAT!
    NEXON!

That's because they're on the EU server, not the NA server. Yes, it matters.