[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[REBOOT] Best Bossing Class w/ 70b funds?

IdentifyGIdentifyG
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
So I have spent the last few weeks farming mesos and building up a kanna and practically killing myself. What should I waste them on :^). I'm looking for a class with big damage numbers & able to solo bosses fairly easy. Are Wild Hunters good?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    The same answer as if you didn't have funding. Whatever class you want! (Except maybe Jett...)
    ketastropheKittyIsAU
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2018
    Wait you farmed 70b in a few weeks?
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited November 2018
    NL, DB, bishops I'd say
    IdentifyGketastrophe
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    If you have a ghost ship excorcist badge or sengoku hakase badge then that character.

Otherwise, whichever character you enjoy playing. Speed of killing is going to mainly depend on funding with a Max difference of about 50% with blaster if you can perfect no reload combo non-stop.

There are some unfavorable classes such as Jett and Beast Tamer but even within those classes there are people still progressing quite well.

And for your damage, always remember that balance moves towards middle and not further away. If you choose a character now that can deal 1bil lines with no funding today, in the future that could become 500m lines for balancing while another class that deals 100m lines moves to 500m lines. If you hated everything about class 1 except it's damage then it's easier to hate the game than if you loved class 2 but hated the damage.
  • IdentifyGIdentifyG
    edited November 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Wait you farmed 70b in a few weeks?
    Well actually now that I think about it its been 5-6 weeks but ye. Kanna + Meso gear
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    If you have a ghost ship excorcist badge or sengoku hakase badge then that character.

Otherwise, whichever character you enjoy playing. Speed of killing is going to mainly depend on funding with a Max difference of about 50% with blaster if you can perfect no reload combo non-stop.

There are some unfavorable classes such as Jett and Beast Tamer but even within those classes there are people still progressing quite well.

And for your damage, always remember that balance moves towards middle and not further away. If you choose a character now that can deal 1bil lines with no funding today, in the future that could become 500m lines for balancing while another class that deals 100m lines moves to 500m lines. If you hated everything about class 1 except it's damage then it's easier to hate the game than if you loved class 2 but hated the damage.

The thing is there's no guarantee i'll stick to maplestory that long, and if I did I would probably be ready/willing to farm for another character at that point and time. I was looking for something I could pick up farm my gear & start running bosses pretty much. Preferably solo and have lots of lines or very high lines. There's a lot of satisfaction when I chunk a boss down.
  • XuuXuu
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    I would recommend to pick a class you aesthetic enjoy by just leveling different kind of classes as you will need their legion down the road anyways.

The popular classes right now for bossing are NL/DB/Ark/Blaster. However if you enjoy wild hunter they are a decent pick and can deal a good amount of damage if you mamage to manage and utilise most of their skills.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited November 2018
    How does one get to 70b and still doesn't know how classes work? :bigthonk:
    Anyway, there's no bad class in reboot since it's so easy to gain damage, but yeah, NL is one of the highest dps if not the highest dps with 5th job skills.
    The point is to play the class properly.
    Forget about that "play what you enjoy the most" nonsense. Play the class you can master. As long as know that class like the back of your hand, you gonna be good.
    But when you reach a certain point, you'll have to go for parties. Starting lucid and up. Everything including Lomien is pretty easy as long as you can master the class and manage to dish out some decent damage.
    DarkPassengerIdentifyG
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Forget about that "play what you enjoy the most" nonsense.

So you're saying I shouldn't have fun playing a game?
    I agree with most of what you said, but saying that people having fun in a game is nonsense is well, nonsense.
  • IdentifyGIdentifyG
    edited November 2018
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    How does one get to 70b and still doesn't know how classes work? :bigthonk:
    Anyway, there's no bad class in reboot since it's so easy to gain damage, but yeah, NL is one of the highest dps if not the highest dps with 5th job skills.
    The point is to play the class properly.
    Forget about that "play what you enjoy the most" nonsense. Play the class you can master. As long as know that class like the back of your hand, you gonna be good.
    But when you reach a certain point, you'll have to go for parties. Starting lucid and up. Everything including Lomien is pretty easy as long as you can master the class and manage to dish out some decent damage.

Honestly I went into the game (coached by a friend) and he said "make a kanna" "go here" "do this" and now I am at a decent amount I feel so I can finally start doing things other than meso farming I hope.
  • FoxpinFoxpin
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    70b in "6 weeks" and doesn't know what to do?
    where have I seen this one before?