[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone know when Zero will be out again?

PanditePandite
Reactions: 310
edited October 2018 in General Chat
title.
I really want to Zero.
Is there like a predictable pattern to their release or like an estimate to how much longer we have until then?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2018
    Yeah most likely during the Black update
  • PanditePandite
    edited October 2018
    oooh ok. lol i vvant it so bad
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited October 2018
    Release it in Reboot as well! There is a lot of Zero main wannabe that still waiting and I think 3 years is more than enough wait!
    edited October 2018
    Release it in Reboot as well! There is a lot of Zero main wannabe that still waiting and I think 3 years is more than enough wait!

This isn't the thread for reboot zero.
    Lilyflower
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018

So? Just saying to release it to Reboot when the next event is coming...
  • PanditePandite
    edited October 2018

actually I thought it was weird that it in't available on reboot. I have been playing for a week or so and it just seems weird that one character class is locked away from a server that is supposedly a new start (at some point) but without all the paid content (as I read somewhere)
    Arch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018
    Pandite wrote: »

actually I thought it was weird that it in't available on reboot. I have been playing for a week or so and it just seems weird that one character class is locked away from a server that is supposedly a new start (at some point) but without all the paid content (as I read somewhere)

whats weird about it? it's locked in normal servers for about 6 months at a time.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018

whats weird about it? it's locked in normal servers for about 6 months at a time.

It's weird that it's perma locked in reboot, is what he meant.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018
    IIRC, Reboot locked out Zero because of its ability to progress to 180 via it's own story quest and the starting lvl 100 weapon (which in itself is not all that great BUT) that can level up on its own by completing the story line, thereby giving you an endgame level weapon for doing nothing. Since Reboot's progression also makes it so that partying up and playing together highly advantageous, having Zero reach endgame gear on its own (with it's own gear shop to boot) probably made it ineligible for creation.

I could be wrong, and sure, some of these could be circumvented/not really matter to some people, but it doesn't look like Nexon Korea is gonna change anything anytime soon.
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited October 2018
    IIRC, Reboot locked out Zero because of its ability to progress to 180 via it's own story quest and the starting lvl 100 weapon (which in itself is not all that great BUT) that can level up on its own by completing the story line, thereby giving you an endgame level weapon for doing nothing. Since Reboot's progression also makes it so that partying up and playing together highly advantageous, having Zero reach endgame gear on its own (with it's own gear shop to boot) probably made it ineligible for creation.

I could be wrong, and sure, some of these could be circumvented/not really matter to some people, but it doesn't look like Nexon Korea is gonna change anything anytime soon.

The leveling is now a joke for all classes so I don't think it's the problem... It's more the weapon system or like you said, the gain of endgame gear. But, let's be honest, they Just don't wanna put the effort to change what 'could' be wrong to bring Zero in Reboot... And the fact that korea don't have Zero in Reboot means nothing because Reboot in Korea is dead so...
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018

The leveling is now a joke for all classes so I don't think it's the problem... It's more the weapon system or like you said, the gain of endgame gear. But, let's be honest, they Just don't wanna put the effort to change what 'could' be wrong to bring Zero in Reboot... And the fact that korea don't have Zero in Reboot means nothing because Reboot in Korea is dead so...

Again, it's not the leveling to 180 that's the problem. It's doing it alone when Reboot was essentially supposed to be our "replacement" for pre-BB in terms of progression/party play. Second, it does matter that Korea doesn't have Zero in KMS Reboot because everyone forgets that Nexon America is a publisher NOT the developer. Nexon Korea (and subsequently Wizet, which was bought out by Nexon Korea) deveolps the game and those major updates are translated and pushed out in different regions. But, I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could redo Zero to make it compatible with Reboot.
    Arch_AlyssaPandite
  • PanditePandite
    edited November 2018

Again, it's not the leveling to 180 that's the problem. It's doing it alone when Reboot was essentially supposed to be our "replacement" for pre-BB in terms of progression/party play. Second, it does matter that Korea doesn't have Zero in KMS Reboot because everyone forgets that Nexon America is a publisher NOT the developer. Nexon Korea (and subsequently Wizet, which was bought out by Nexon Korea) deveolps the game and those major updates are translated and pushed out in different regions. But, I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could redo Zero to make it compatible with Reboot.

I think it'd be interesting to see a character like zero translated into a lesser more grounded version of itself. like, sure zero is strong, but we all like to see the comparison of a character in the beginning to a character later. You know .... Shonen jump lmao
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    edited November 2018

I think it'd be interesting to see a character like zero translated into a lesser more grounded version of itself. like, sure zero is strong, but we all like to see the comparison of a character in the beginning to a character later. You know .... Shonen jump lmao

Then again, we have a lot of things that Kms doesn't have (Kanna, hayato, gollux etc) so why not zero in reboot?? Now that they said that they are going to be more transparent, and after 3 years that reboot is live, can we now know if zero will ever be on reboot someday??
    FuhreakPandite
    edited November 2018
    To the original topic of when it'll become available again, it seems KMS had it available during the Black Mage update. So perhaps GMS will too.
  • PanditePandite
    edited November 2018
    To the original topic of when it'll become available again, it seems KMS had it available during the Black Mage update. So perhaps GMS will too.

<>.<> i'm still vvaiting ... lmao.im going to drag my friend back on vvith me. also, it'd be great to knovv beforehand because my highest char is like 86. but I knovv my friend hasnt leveled up to like 4 yet. because she lazy
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018

<>.<> i'm still vvaiting ... lmao.im going to drag my friend back on vvith me. also, it'd be great to knovv beforehand because my highest char is like 86. but I knovv my friend hasnt leveled up to like 4 yet. because she lazy

Still waiting for what?
    And how do you expect to know when it happens?
  • PanditePandite
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Still waiting for what?

For vvhen vve vvill be able to make a Zero character. I reeeeaally vvanted to make one, and my friend vvanted to too. she lost interest but im still hoping that maybe vve could get back into ms1 once zero is available. im vvondering if burning to level 100 on a nevv character vvill count for the "atleast 1 lvl 100 character" requirement.

note: vv = w. too lazy to edit it all out
    edited November 2018

Still waiting for what?

For vvhen vve vvill be able to make a Zero character. I reeeeaally vvanted to make one, and my friend vvanted to too. she lost interest but im still hoping that maybe vve could get back into ms1 once zero is available. im vvondering if burning to level 100 on a nevv character vvill count for the "atleast 1 lvl 100 character" requirement.

zero is available to make right now
  • PanditePandite
    edited November 2018

Still waiting for what?

zero is available to make right now

it seems you are correct. I vvill novv unleash the beast. thank you.

also is Maplestory updating for 14 gbs for you guys too?