[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black mage end chapter EVENT rant

SomeonewhocaresSomeonewhocares
Reactions: 300
edited November 2018 in Rants and Raves
Ok I know for a fact so many people are gonna be mad at this but I have to throw logic into this.

This Black mage Alliance throws anyone who hasn't done Esfera which requires you to be level 235. More people probably are not this high and wont get this high for a while myself included cause maples constant love of making players grind levels.

Lets be real here though, I don't have a clue whats going on, the intro says 'after Esfera'. So anyone who isn't level 235 has no idea what is going on. Why make an event which is going to not explain major story parts of the game. This is a bad way to make the last chapter. I do get that they made burning events and that which is very nice, but thats not gonna help us get to Esfera any faster. Most Mmorpg's give boosts for people to level. Now you could argue that would make the other players angry they spent hours grinding and now people are getting it easy right?. Well I am victim to this, I got to level 200 before it was nerfed, yeah I was a little annoyed but I got over it and I assure you everyone else would to.

This is so bad its like someone watching all arcs of an anime and missing the last 2 out and then watching the final arc. you don't do that, you wont have a clue how the characters got there and what else is there motivation. I know most of you are going to say, well grind levels then?. Maple is too grind heavy and I feel it needs more things to help us level faster to this level. The experience cut is at 220 soon and I don't understand why it hasn't been taken to 235. Or better yet take off the level restrictions of the Arcane river so we know whats going on. I am playing this event and I haven't a clue whats going on. Literally the only reason I am doing it is cause of the event items. There is no other reason. I have no idea whats going on and I am sure many others don't either.

Please note this is also just a rant, I am aware nothing will be done about this but I had to get my piece out. Yes I am aware I will get flamed for this but I am sure there are some people out there who agree with this
  1. Maple should take level restrictions off the story?4 votes
    1. Yes, cause right now I am lost (lvl 234 or lower)
       50% (2 votes)
    2. No, they should keep it (lvl 235 or higher)
       25% (1 vote)
    3. Get leveling scrubs!
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    This is still valid feedback, even if it's too late to do anything about it.

I am over 235 and did the Esfera questline, but I agree with you. While I was doing the new event quest I kept asking myself "Does it show/say the same things to lower level characters?" I'm saddened to hear that it does, even though it makes no story sense.

I will forward the feedback to Nexon. Maybe something can be learned from this for future content.
  • EternityMaxEternityMax
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2018
    I wanted to make a post exactly like this, but you beat me to it. Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this was confusing as hell...
    It's really quite disheartening that participating in the event requires you to sit through a buncha cutscenes that pretend you've already cleared Arcane River, even though you didn't. Thanks for the confusion and the spoilers, Nexon =.=
    At the very least, there should be an option to skip the cutscenes and just get to the Determination thingy.
    Best case scenario, in my opinion, would be different cutscenes for players who didn't clear Arcane River (Something like, Neinheart simply calling you and saying "hey come join us in the fight against the Black Mage, we're in the Alliance Outpost thingy" and teleport you there, and that's it).

Other than that, I think these post-Esfera cutscenes shouldn't be an Event-exclusive thing. They should be normal stuff that comes after players have cleared Arcane River/Esfera/whatever it is.
    Again - Thank GOODNESS I'm not alone in this frustration. Feels good to vent lol f3
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited November 2018
    Other than that, I think these post-Esfera cutscenes shouldn't be an Event-exclusive thing. They should be normal stuff that comes after players have cleared Arcane River/Esfera/whatever it is.
    Again - Thank GOODNESS I'm not alone in this frustration. Feels good to vent lol f3

The cutscenes will be reused again in the re-release of Tenebris, this time for 245+.