[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evan vs Corsair

SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
Reactions: 1,115
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Hi thinking of coming back to Maplestory for the Tera Burning event and trying to decide on a class.
I saw a bunch of videos on them and they both seem amazing in 5th job. For example:

Most important: Which one is a better mobber? In large maps? In medium/small maps?
I know cooldowns/uptimes of huge aoe skills as well as summons will determine mobbing, so how are they for each class?
Relevant: Which is better/faster to level?

Less important: Which one is better/stronger at single targets, aka bossing?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    I would go with evan tbh. Solid-enough mobbing and bossing, all you have to do is manage a moderate cooldown rotation. Corsair, on the other hand, requires micromanaging two or three different summons, an rng-based buff and a skill that reduces the cooldown of another skill.

Plus evan's link skill makes runes last longer, what's not to like?
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I would go with evan tbh. Solid-enough mobbing and bossing, all you have to do is manage a moderate cooldown rotation. Corsair, on the other hand, requires micromanaging two or three different summons, an rng-based buff and a skill that reduces the cooldown of another skill.

but which one is a better mobber overall? Like if you have an Evan and Corsair in the map, who will win in getting the most kills or outksing the other?
    I guess which one is faster at leveling overall as well.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    Depends on who has better control with the class, really. If you just want to know which one's easier, definitely evan.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

but which one is a better mobber overall? Like if you have an Evan and Corsair in the map, who will win in getting the most kills or outksing the other?
    I guess which one is faster at leveling overall as well.

Corsair is def the better mobber
    At 5th job you basically gain 2 full map killers.
    SunsetChaos
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    The choice is ultimately up to you, and since the tera burn goes until almost the end of January, you have plenty of time to take both to 200 and see which one you like better.
    Corsair is def the better mobber
    At 5th job you basically gain 2 full map killers.

As for you. I've never liked recommending classes to people based on their 5th job skills because that's effectively saying a class has no good points or redeeming factors at any point in the 1-200 grind. It's like making your friend watch a movie and spending roughly 90% of the movie going "wait it gets better, trust me!"
    Fuhreak