[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Rune] Ka-boom! Ka-BOOM! achievement bug

KhorpionKhorpion
Reactions: 855
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Achievement mentioned in title does not update

Brief bug summary: For the longest time, my progress on the achievement has been stuck at 9,933/10,000. Because the achievement description specifically mentions Rune and Lure of Storms, and the Rune on the field is labeled Rune of Thunder, I had previously assumed that the bug was due to Rune of Thunder and a now nonexistent Rune of Storms being coded improperly at some point. I just went to Chu Chu and activated a Lure of Storms, which is labeled properly as Lure of Storms and not Lure of Thunder, but the bug still persists. This bug has persisted through multiple game starts ups, days/weeks of playtime, etc. with no progress. This is the case across all my Reboot characters, no matter who activates the Rune/Lure.

Steps to reproduce: Note your progress on the Maple Achievement [Rune] Ka-boom! Ka-BOOM!, utilize either a Rune of Thunder or Lure of Storms and check if any new progress on the achievement has been made.

Date and time of the incident: Most recent activation of Lure of Storms was 11:40 PM EST. As mentioned above, this problem has persisted for a while and I don't know when exactly the bug began.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    When you say "for the longest time", do you mean more than a week?

The v200 Update Notes contain the following
    • To increase game server performance, checking counts for some achievements will be temporarily limited.
      • Achievement related to Combo Kill
      • Achievement related to mesos earned
      • Achievement related to obtaining rings
      • Achievement related to defeating monsters

It could be that that last line is why this achievement is not progressing.
  • KhorpionKhorpion
    Reactions: 855
    edited November 2018
    Definitely more than a week, but it could very well be the checking count freeze extending to this particular achievement as well.