[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

maintenance going on right now

AnotherWenAnotherWen
Reactions: 800
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Hi Maplers,

I cannot seem to access the game. Nor can I find any mention of maintenance going on right now. Is this a new/known issue or is there currently an unannounced maintenance?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2018
    its scheduled, they do this every week
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    I just wish they had the time for it to end as a note on the main site or something. Knew it was starting at 5am, but missed if it said when it would end.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Deadling wrote: »
    I just wish they had the time for it to end as a note on the main site or something. Knew it was starting at 5am, but missed if it said when it would end.
    We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 5:00 AM PST (8:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM CET / 12:00 AM AEDT November 30). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5 hours, concluding around 10:00 AM PST on Thursday, November 29 (1:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CET / 5:00 AM AEDT November 30).
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    Thanks. Could not find that for the life of me. Probably just go to sleep, lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Nah, it's because they posted so much crap between the alliance events and maple m among other things that it pushed the maintenance notice off the main page and you have to click "see more news" to find it.

@Arwoo: perhaps going forward, you could ask the web guys to have maintenance/downtime notices be pinned somehow on the news page? So cash shop updates and on-going/upcoming events/occurrences don't push it off and leave some people confused.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    TBH, glad I saw the mobile news. Want those auto tickets, lol.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited November 2018
    Extended maintenance due to reward by extended maintenance btw.
    YinYangX
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    edited November 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Extended maintenance due to reward by extended maintenance btw.

maintenance on the maintenance because of unscheduled maintenance
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    The latest maintenance update is just to good. Bravo!
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited November 2018
    The problem will be cap those 50k determination + dailies :(
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    edited November 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    The problem will be cap those 50k determination + dailies :(

i feel bad for the people that were capping on more than 3 characters. thats gotta suck if they arnt level 200+ getting that 30k Det from the moonbridge dailies im only capping on two characters, my DK which is thankfully 208, and my NL which is 158, so i actually have to AFK farm det and do the dreaded soldier farming on that one
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited November 2018
    but you guys we get 30 whole alliance medals for a seven hour + maintenance... that is like ten minutes or slightly more of farming soldier rescue that we got saved from doing.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    edited November 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    but you guys we get 30 whole alliance medals for a seven hour + maintenance... that is like ten minutes or slightly more of farming soldier rescue that we got saved from doing.

you would need to AFK farm for 47 hours just to get 50k det without doing any of the quests at warrior rank you only get 1080 det per hour (3 det per 10 seconds)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »

The problem is that some people will have already done the dailies at the time of reset, so giving a good number of coins creates a possible unfair advantage.
    Another possible solution would be to give everyone enough determination to cap one character for today. (Assuming we don't go past reset maint)
    Of course there are problems with that too. You can't win with these kinds of things. Just be glad we got any kind of compensation at all. /shrug
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, afk determination grinding is pretty much worthless but I could have gotten even more from that than the 30 compensation medals from this 8+ plus hour maintenance. I could have easily completed the 50K determination grinding on both of my mules in that time. I don't know who comes up with these low ball numbers for compensations but they need tweaking.
  • DocDelaytiDocDelayti
    Reactions: 100
    Still afk or i'm bugged?
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2018
    is the server up yet? Haven't been able to log in for the past days...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Servers have been up for the past 14 or so hours.