[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Moonbridge Dailies

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited December 2018 in General Chat
I officially kinda hate them. Today's new daily has caused me a lot of frustration and anger. Survive 3 stages of Terror...well teh damn Terror beasts are too flippin tanky to take down! They really should adjust their HP or something because even a 1.5m buffed to hell Luminous can't handle them in time. People in my maps have also expressed extreme frustration with this quest. Please just do something Nexon. I don't enjoy this event anymore. It's become nothing but frustration and irritability at this point.
ArgentEXdestMikulover

Comments

• ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of complaints from people in the maps. I haven't done the new ones on my mules yet but the missions seem to be getting more and more difficult. Not sure if I will be able to complete them anymore if things have gotten this bad. The 2x determination on Sunday made things so much better, as if that how much we should normally be getting.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of complaints from people in the maps. I haven't done the new ones on my mules yet but the missions seem to be getting more and more difficult. Not sure if I will be able to complete them anymore if things have gotten this bad. The 2x determination on Sunday made things so much better, as if that how much we should normally be getting.

I know right?! It feels so amazing on that one day of the week. Suffering the remaining 6 days. While my Main has less difficulty than my Alt...it should be fair to players of all strengths :T
  • LeilathaLeilatha
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2018
    I'm able to kill them, but they won't spawn for me :/ Only got them once in an hour
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2018
    Everyone in void current map must kill all 20 terror mobs(looks like soot glare) in order to receive +1 buff, means you will not get the buff if anyone of them couldn't (probably those people who aren't pay-to-win). This was a huge issue in KMS. Welcome to nexon.

So basically you will have to find a spot where you are the only one in the map and wait it out until they spawn while hunting. If you catch all 20 of them, you will get buff.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    Everyone in void current map must kill all 20 terror mobs(looks like soot glare) in order to receive +1 buff, means you will not get the buff if anyone of them couldn't (probably those people who aren't pay-to-win). This was a huge issue in KMS. Welcome to nexon.

So basically you will have to find a spot where you are the only one in the map and wait it out until they spawn while hunting. If you catch all 20 of them, you will get buff.

Wait...so the ENTIRE map has to get them? That's plain stupid, scummy...and other things. Its hard enough to do it on my Luminous but...I'm not strong enough.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited December 2018
    I am reading KMS wiki and it says ALL people before patch.

After patch, buff will be applied to individuals who killed all 20 of them. Even if you couldn't, killing the giant monster that spawns after the timer will grant you the buff.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2018
    I am reading KMS wiki and it says ALL people before patch.

After patch, buff will be applied to individuals who killed all 20 of them. Even if you couldn't, killing the giant monster that spawns after the timer will grant you the buff.

The patch we get on like...Wednesday/Thursday? god I hope so becasue this Daily is driving me nuts.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited December 2018
    idk im not devs.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2018
    idk im not devs.

Well I tried a lot of stuff to try and get the third stage kill. I used Buff potions, Apples, whatever buffs people would give in the map...my Luminous could handle the first two waves but the third is a stump it would seem. It just feels like I'm being teased with it.
    Mikulover
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    Personally i actually had little trouble with this mission. The terrors seem to spawn quite frequently at least. I did the first stage solo and the other 2 with a bunch of people in a different channel. I can't be bothered to gather determ on mules, so i don't know how bad it would be for them. But my main had no issues with it at all. From what i could tell, the terror monsters seem to get harder to kill, depending on what stage you're on (though i could be mistaken on that). I did stage 4 just for fun and those things took quite some time to die, but stage 3 was rather easy still. I am however a dual blade with 5 mill clean range, so i can't imagine how hard it possibly is for people with less range. I think at some point the giant monster becomes easier than the regular monsters, but i could also be mistaken on that.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2018
    I can do stage 3 at 1.25m range (clean) if well buffed, but I have to pop every cooldown multiple times throughout the fight, and even then I only beat them with less than 20s to spare. They scale with level, but not range. More range, less difficulty. Not sure if I could do it on every character with that range though, there is a balance between strategy and brute force and Im just not as good on some characters. After all, Nexon doesn't want you to be able to spam your main skill and succeed at everything.

Keep in mind that the game is designed around people with mid to high range, especially in later levels. Nexon is expecting you to scroll or cube, flame and starforce your gear, get high IED and Boss%, and have most of the useful link skills. This means they likely set the monster difficulty around someone who's done most of those things. They have to keep all that in mind when they decide on what HP and DEF to give a monster.

I imagine trying to strike a balance is pretty difficult. Though it seems to me that the ideal situation is to center the required DPS for an enemy around the mean (average) range for a given level. If only 5% of the player base at a given level has 10m range, but ~60% have closer to 1.5m range, maybe don't design the HP and DEF around someone with a 3-5m range...

I think they want you to feel motivated to move forward on gear progression, but they seem to forget that progression takes a lot of time and money, and these events don't last forever. I mean, it seems they wanted to do a Tera burning character so that people have the opportunity to participate in the content, but there's no way someone just starting the game (or a new server) is going to be able to get their new level 200 to a decent range that can easily finish stage three of this daily, at least not within the time allotted for this event.

Fact is, farming meso's for cubes and starforce is a long and arduous process, and getting good flames, tier ups on cubes, and even the next star on starforce is all highly dependent upon RNG. You can easily spend billions of mesos just trying to get a single piece of gear to 17 stars, and it seems getting a single piece of gear to legendary averages around a billion as well, then perhaps another billion, or more, to get 24%+ primary stat, and that's not to mention that one can spend hundreds of millions, if not closer to a billion, just trying to get a good flame. The average piece of good gear, not necessarily even *amazing* gear, is going to cost you several billion meso's... each.

Welcome to the high cost of endgame. :\