[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cannot complete 3 stages of terror quest

LifiLifi
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting

Brief bug summary:
So the 3 stage of terror quest, i cant complete it because the little blue clock that suppositly spawns doesn't appear for me, i thought it was just a bug that would get fixed but the next day its still happening, i can finish the terror beast quest fine, just the 3 stages of terror quest wont count for me. my friends been getting this blue clock to finish the quest but i just dont see it appearing. Ive stay in the map multiple times when the big eye looking thing in the background spawns and the clock doesnt appear, changed channels to where the big eye is already there and the clock doesnt appear. not sure if im the only one that has this bug.

Character name: Lifi

Character level: 217

Character job: Kaiser

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: Since the void current appeared

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited December 2018
    Make sure you killed all 20 Terror Beast, the stage only goes up if all 20 terror beast are killed. Also you must not leave the map before the timer expires.
    (use the terror beast quest as a guide to see if you missed any)

If you did indeed killed all 20 Terror Beast, then try doing a full shutdown by holding shift when you press the shutdown button in the start menu.
    (Due to a bug involving signed/unsigned variables involving the time variable that MapleStory borrow from Window, MapleStory enter a glitchy state if your computer is on for more than 24 days (can be check in the task manger > performance tab > uptime), and only a full shutdown will reset it back to 0, normal shutdown/restart fails to do this properly due to hybrid boot)
    Botoni
  • PyroitPyroit
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    I have over 2 mil range when in map doing quest yet cannot complete. Luminous lv 215. Very frustrating since I have maxed determination every day yet now I cant.
    Is my range to low? Any other luminous have same issue?
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Pyroit wrote: »
    I have over 2 mil range when in map doing quest yet cannot complete. Luminous lv 215. Very frustrating since I have maxed determination every day yet now I cant.

It shouldn't be - I killed them with my 250k Thunder Breaker, and Luminous certainly does way more damage. My advice would be as soon as they spawn, run around the map and damage all 20 so that they follow you, and then you can Equilibrium/Ender them while they're in a big mob.
  • PyroitPyroit
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »

It shouldn't be - I killed them with my 250k Thunder Breaker, and Luminous certainly does way more damage. My advice would be as soon as they spawn, run around the map and damage all 20 so that they follow you, and then you can Equilibrium/Ender them while they're in a big mob.

I have done all this several times and yet never complete quest. Not sure why. Sucks
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Have there been other people in the map with you, afk or otherwise, when the terror things spawn? I've heard at several points that everyone in the map needs to kill all 20 for it to count as having "survived" the stage.
  • PyroitPyroit
    edited December 2018
    I finally killed 20 and still no completion. Used all I got just to kill them. This sucks.
    So I am so disappointing I am strongly consider finding another game.
    I realize I can get points other ways yet takes way too long.
    Tired of getting back into playing and have issues like this always causing problems with advancing in the game.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I finally killed 20 and still no completion. Used all I got just to kill them. This sucks.
    Tired of getting back into playing and have issues like this always causing problems with advancing in the game.

I assume you have the Stages of Terror quest - are you ensuring that you're staying in the map until the timer runs out ? Even if you kill all 20 Terror Beasts, if you leave the map before the timer runs out, it will not count towards ranking up your levels of terror. The op is having an issue where the clock is not spawning, which would therefore make it impossible to finish the quest. So long as you're in the map when they spawn and stay until the timer finishes, you should get a terror rank up (you'll see an icon with a I II or III based on your level), but the quest won't indicate/show anything until you get to the third rank.
    Botoni
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2018
    fix this ! i cant complete the quest overcome terror ... to cause w the mobs never can killer to cause a bug type freeze in this , fix this !
  • BotoniBotoni
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2018

Dude, for the mission to count u need to kill all 20 little mobs, wait for the timer to end, wait for the big mob to spawn and THEN hit at least once the big mob. Once he dies you have 1 out of the 3 needed. The mission only says to end the terror 3 times, but in the quest notification show's a number 1, cause only after u do this 3 times, you get the quest done!
    FYI, my lvl 204 luminous mule does that in less than 35 min, i have 700k range in there so you have triple my range...