[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Root Abyss Help.

Lucsean99Lucsean99
Reactions: 1,565
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Is there going to be a change coming to these bosses per say like less HP!
My Lv140's are useless to these Bosses.
So why the lv125 requirement which you are useless?
  1. Which other dungeons need a change of heart just too complete the quest-lines and enjoy the story?4 votes
    1. Root Abyss. The World Tree
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Tower Of OZ
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Newly Updated Mushroom Shrine
       25% (1 vote)
    4. Monad
       50% (2 votes)
    5. Alishan (Train glitch you die before escaping)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Root abyss is fine. There's this crazy thing called "it's designed with the assumption that you'll party with others in mind". Being able to enter as a one-man party is a fairly recent change, about a year or two now.

Tower of oz has been kneecapped enough by way of its rewards being added to marvel machine, it's fine.

What the hell problem do you have with mushroom shrine? It's literally space-bar-holding-simulator-2017 until you get to the bit with nue and the DDR bird at the end.

Monad is just buggy, sort that and it'll be fine.

Alishan train is not glitched, rather the explodey bits begin as soon as you enter the map(whether you're loaded in enough to move yet or not), easily avoided by holding left as soon as you enter the portal.
    Fuhreak
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    whats the help you need?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Level 125 is a minimum requirement, working under the assumption that you are partying with others for help (I'm assuming you're referring to normal Root Abyss, as Chaos Root Abyss bosses are level 190 and you are nowhere close to there). You should probably look into upgrading your gear, regardless of whether or not you have friends to help you.

Mushroom Shrine's Tengu does not utilize your characters damage, you damage Tengu by way of the quick-time event present in the battle, so your gear is entirely irrelevant.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Level 125 is a minimum requirement, working under the assumption that you are partying with others for help (I'm assuming you're referring to normal Root Abyss, as Chaos Root Abyss bosses are level 190 and you are nowhere close to there). You should probably look into upgrading your gear, regardless of whether or not you have friends to help you.

Mushroom Shrine's Tengu does not utilize your characters damage, you damage Tengu by way of the quick-time event present in the battle, so your gear is entirely irrelevant.

In Mushroom shrine revamp I can't seem do any damage to the first boss you meet.
    Root Abyss My star enforcement gear is still useless, not as much as the Million HP these bosses have. I get 1 shot as well.
    My BL is a ghost town so i just Solo for now.

Upgrading gear. I've use free cubes ,but that's all luck based
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Root abyss is fine. There's this crazy thing called "it's designed with the assumption that you'll party with others in mind". Being able to enter as a one-man party is a fairly recent change, about a year or two now.

Tower of oz has been kneecapped enough by way of its rewards being added to marvel machine, it's fine.

What the hell problem do you have with mushroom shrine? It's literally space-bar-holding-simulator-2017 until you get to the bit with nue and the DDR bird at the end.

Monad is just buggy, sort that and it'll be fine.

Alishan train is not glitched, rather the explodey bits begin as soon as you enter the map(whether you're loaded in enough to move yet or not), easily avoided by holding left as soon as you enter the portal.

Some of my class take too long to load up that screen and I'm dead along with the explosion:(
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    Why try to solo it at 140 then?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Lucsean99 wrote: »

In Mushroom shrine revamp I can't seem do any damage to the first boss you meet.
    Root Abyss My star enforcement gear is still useless, not as much as the Million HP these bosses have. I get 1 shot as well.

What's the first boss in mushroom shrine? I haven't done it in quite some time.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018

What's the first boss in mushroom shrine? I haven't done it in quite some time.

Gyuki
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    Normal Root Abyss are some of the easiest bosses of the game to be honest. Later you'll come across bosses with billions and even trillions of HP.
    The minimum lvl requirement is rather meaningless. It's just something you need to achieve to be able to get carried by stronger people. I honestly don't see a full party of lvl 180's or 190's make any kind of significant impact on the chaos root abyss bosses for example.
    What really matters is your range (your damage in your stats). You'll also want boss damage, ignore enemy defense (ied), crit rate and crit damage. But for normal root abyss, just having enough range is fine. I suggest 100-150k range to be able to solo them, maybe 200k for vellum. If at that point you still have trouble with them, you just need more practise. Learning the boss mechanics and how to avoid their attacks is just as important.
    So for now, just work on upgrading your equipments. Upgrading your equipment can be a slow and painful process, so don't be discouraged when you can not get everything you want right away. You'll reach the required range eventually.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Gyuki

Gyuki scales depending on your level. You should look into upgrading your gear in this case.

Not just star force, but potential and flames as well.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    Normal Root Abyss are some of the easiest bosses of the game to be honest. Later you'll come across bosses with billions and even trillions of HP.
    The minimum lvl requirement is rather meaningless. It's just something you need to achieve to be able to get carried by stronger people. I honestly don't see a full party of lvl 180's or 190's make any kind of significant impact on the chaos root abyss bosses for example.
    -snip-.

Only because this is where the meta has gotten us. If you put a party full of good gear (for their level) and good synergy as well as understanding mechanics and such, they could clear CRA at 190.
    It's just that nobody does these things anymore. You don't see it because nobody really even attempts it anymore.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    I clearly have to show you guys what i mean literally.
    I don't buy NX fro DPS only for appearance or lucky items MM etc.
    So thx I know how each cube works differently, You can craft them so easily as well. Like i say before it's all about luck if you already have (epic) to get lucky for (legendary)
    I will do a "Live Video" in approximately 8hrs from now, but right now Time for sleep.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    -snip-.

Only because this is where the meta has gotten us. If you put a party full of good gear (for their level) and good synergy as well as understanding mechanics and such, they could clear CRA at 190.
    It's just that nobody does these things anymore. You don't see it because nobody really even attempts it anymore.

I'm still one those old veteran Maplers that know mechanics and such, but idk these abbreviations(CRA) since I don't rush like most Maplers do.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I'm still one those old veteran Maplers that know mechanics and such, but idk these abbreviations(CRA) since I don't rush like most Maplers do.

CRA = Chaos Root Abyss. This one is strange as it can sometimes include Vellum. Usually people will say something like "First three doors" or "CRA + CVEL" though.
    Another popular one you'll see is CLP = Cavern Lower Path and the lesser used one BTC = Below the Cave. (Both Arcane River Areas)

I still get lost at some of the ones that people say. I just have to kind of guess what they might be referring to.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

CRA = Chaos Root Abyss. This one is strange as it can sometimes include Vellum. Usually people will say something like "First three doors" or "CRA + CVEL" though.
    Another popular one you'll see is CLP = Cavern Lower Path and the lesser used one BTC = Below the Cave. (Both Arcane River Areas)

I still get lost at some of the ones that people say. I just have to kind of guess what they might be referring to.

CRA lol I guess i was too tired oh well. Just uploaded a video to my page on this matter. My other classes have better gear, but lower lv.
    https://www.facebook.com/Lucsean99/
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    I didn't bother watching your video any further than when you opened your equipment window.

So your gear is basically garbage. Let's take a quick run through it.
    • You don't even have your gold explorer emblem, and that's not a matter of "oh I don't have the damage woe is me".
    • All four of your rings are crap, two of them could be replaced with a silver blossom ring and ifia's ring prior to getting gollux rings.
    • Trash pendant(I'm ignoring the second pendant slot because it expired anyway), could replace it with a solid gollux or even horntail pendant and you'd be better off.
    • Junk earrings, replace with dea sidus to get an improvement.
    • I can't tell what that badge is but it doesn't look like crystal ventus(no boss set bonus) and you're much too low a level for the sengoku hakase badge or even ghost ship exorcist(which you can't get anymore anyway).
    • You appear to have three pieces of the muspell set(overall, gloves, shoes) while using a 120 hat and what appears to be a necromancer pistol, so you're losing out on a set effect bonus there
    • Face accessory, I have no idea what that even is but I know it's not the one from zakum so I know it's crap. Same with the empty eye accessory slot, get the one from zakum.
    • I don't know what that belt is either, but a solid gollux belt would be an immense improvement
    • No clue what that cape is either, assuming low-level, barely-any-stat slot-filling trash.

Oh and you're 138 rather than the 140 you claimed in your original post. Get two more levels, get a reinforced gollux belt and pendant(should be cheap enough depending on your world), get a full pensalir set(hat, overall, weapon, glove, shoe, cape).

In short, your gear is, essentially, trash. Work on that and you'll have a better shot at clearing bosses.

Oh, and as a counterpoint to your claims that the bosses are impossible at your level, I was able to clear them on a cadena with minimal gearing(not gonna spend big money on what is ultimately going to be a link/legion mule), so it's absolutely not the bosses being impossible and needing their health reduced.
    YinYangX
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    I didn't bother watching your video any further than when you opened your equipment window.

So your gear is basically garbage. Let's take a quick run through it.
    • You don't even have your gold explorer emblem, and that's not a matter of "oh I don't have the damage woe is me".
    • All four of your rings are crap, two of them could be replaced with a silver blossom ring and ifia's ring prior to getting gollux rings.
    • Trash pendant(I'm ignoring the second pendant slot because it expired anyway), could replace it with a solid gollux or even horntail pendant and you'd be better off.
    • Junk earrings, replace with dea sidus to get an improvement.
    • I can't tell what that badge is but it doesn't look like crystal ventus(no boss set bonus) and you're much too low a level for the sengoku hakase badge or even ghost ship exorcist(which you can't get anymore anyway).
    • You appear to have three pieces of the muspell set(overall, gloves, shoes) while using a 120 hat and what appears to be a necromancer pistol, so you're losing out on a set effect bonus there
    • Face accessory, I have no idea what that even is but I know it's not the one from zakum so I know it's crap. Same with the empty eye accessory slot, get the one from zakum.
    • I don't know what that belt is either, but a solid gollux belt would be an immense improvement
    • No clue what that cape is either, assuming low-level, barely-any-stat slot-filling trash.

Oh and you're 138 rather than the 140 you claimed in your original post. Get two more levels, get a reinforced gollux belt and pendant(should be cheap enough depending on your world), get a full pensalir set(hat, overall, weapon, glove, shoe, cape).

In short, your gear is, essentially, trash. Work on that and you'll have a better shot at clearing bosses.

Oh, and as a counterpoint to your claims that the bosses are impossible at your level, I was able to clear them on a cadena with minimal gearing(not gonna spend big money on what is ultimately going to be a link/legion mule), so it's absolutely not the bosses being impossible and needing their health reduced.

Like i said In the video post No gear. Do you actually think my dual blade master Lv136will show any difference? I lost my 125 Dagger into star enforcement so i'm stuck with VIP dagger. The Auction House only sells Lv150 Eagle set and tyrant caps.(Honestly do you think i have time to get that high and if i did where's my damage coming from? I could keep on buying NX perm equips and keep selling for mesos ingame, but what's the point when most want to increase their DPS.

As your claim showed me proof of what a lv125-lv140 cadena can clear these RA bosses as with minimal gear like myself. I use whatever free cubes i got and try to get best on what i have. Yet my lv125 gun is SW(not much use if there's no soul LOL)

Not to be rude or anything, If we want new players to have enjoyment in this game i wouldn't expect them to drop loads of real life cash into those equips your mentioning which are over 56,00000 per piece. These new players would be in the same boat as me, but the difference i don't buy in for Dps i only buy into appearance and Lv requirement. I will never buy a tyrant cape that's how bad dps is a must have.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Have you considered being proactive in getting better gear? Not just using random garbage? I told you how you can improve, if your only response is to keep complaining or move the goalposts, then I'm done helping.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    edited December 2018
    Have you considered being proactive in getting better gear? Not just using random garbage? I told you how you can improve, if your only response is to keep complaining or move the goalposts, then I'm done helping.

I'm leaving you with this since you have no acknowledgement for my knowledge on this game.
    High risk high reward (You have no clue on what i had on before, buti n the end it wouldn't have matter)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018

I'm leaving you with this since you have no acknowledgement for my knowledge on this game.
    High risk high reward (You have no clue on what i had on before, buti n the end it wouldn't have matter)

If you had better gear and switched to literal garbage just to make a point, then the point is more or less invalidated. Everyone understands that there are two ways to clear difficult bosses: improve gear or ask for help and go with someone else.

And what's your "knowledge" of this game? All you've done in this thread so far is complain that your gear is crap and you can't clear root abyss bosses.
    YinYangX
This discussion has been closed.