[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spirit Savior

DragoonHero3DragoonHero3
Reactions: 310
I know this has been preached like a million times and I year late on this but seriously why doesn't spirit savior have a practice mode? its very hard to learn how to do it when you are going in with only three attempts day which btw shouldn't count if you fail. Just now getting to Arcana I finally understand the frustration, Spirit Savior is very stupid and needs to be made with a practice mode or made like Chu Chu Island where you can fail and it doesn't count against you. I am tempted to stop doing Spirit Savior altogether and just keep my low tier Arcana symbol. It isn't worth the frustration and anger. It is also very awesome when you earn 0 coins and can't do anything about it. Not good design at all. I know this won't change a darn thing but oh well.
Fuhreak

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Well by quitting you are forgoing the practice you are looking for. When I first started doing Spirit Savior, it took me 2-3 days before I got a decent score. From there, the daily runs help you fine tune and practice your routes. Go watch some YouTube videos about Spirit Savior if you want to get some more info on it.
    YinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    Well by quitting you are forgoing the practice you are looking for. When I first started doing Spirit Savior, it took me 2-3 days before I got a decent score. From there, the daily runs help you fine tune and practice your routes. Go watch some YouTube videos about Spirit Savior if you want to get some more info on it.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as OP. I can do good runs, but it's annoying. I just don't really like the content, it doesn't feel fun.
    A strange question however is, why does Chu Chu allow failure? Neither of the other "mini-game" symbols allow this.
    Either Chu Chu is weird (And believe me, it IS weird...) or the other two need to meet the same standard set by Chu Chu.

With how often Nexon has events that allow you to get Symbol Selectors, I just use them on Arcana tbh.
    I'd rather cap it asap so I don't have to bother with it anymore.
  • RetrolightRetrolight
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2018
    I have the same negative feelings about Spirit Savior.
    As a mage without double jump, it feels absolutely hard and stressful.
    However... now that i can rescue the spirits in 1 hit, it feels better. Now i just need to do it 1 time a day, it's ok but still not fun.
    I think the daily could be tweaked in some ways (slower bigger dark spirit, or more freeze time when rescueing...) to make it more fair to some jobs without fast horizontal movement, or low dps.
    And the damage gauge that kicks you out of the quest is too much. Losing your spirits is enough as punishment.
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited December 2018
    I actually found spirit savior to be pretty fun, except when it lags or it doesn't register picking the spirits up. This is probably because I have a flashjump as buccaneer so its not too difficult and annoying. If you truly feel like quitting the daily you might as well go in and jump around as practice without the goal of getting any coins. If you are a teleport class on the other hand, I can see why you hate this daily.

As for muto, I think it allowing failure is a workaround not a feature. I never experienced it but I heard that if you are inside for over 5 minutes then it counts for your run. Otherwise we can leave before that and try again.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    ThatBaldy wrote: »
    I actually found spirit savior to be pretty fun, except when it lags or it doesn't register picking the spirits up. This is probably because I have a flashjump as buccaneer so its not too difficult and annoying. If you truly feel like quitting the daily you might as well go in and jump around as practice without the goal of getting any coins. If you are a teleport class on the other hand, I can see why you hate this daily.

As for muto, I think it allowing failure is a workaround not a feature. I never experienced it but I heard that if you are inside for over 5 minutes then it counts for your run. Otherwise we can leave before that and try again.
    Teleport class here, that is in fact why I dislike it. With a flash jump it would be a lot easier.

If you are inside muto and never finish, you fail. So long as you don't finish, it doesn't count.
    It's the only one out of the 3 that actually makes sure you get some kind of reward.
    Though Spirit savior is supposed to give you extra coins if you do bad enough. (I've never been THAT bad at it...)
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2018
    It would be really nice practice mode.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited December 2018
    While I do appreciate that Spirit Savior is not your typical fetch and kill daily, I can understand the sentiment behind it. The content itself is also by design, not fair for every class in MapleStory.

We'll pass along this feedback.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    While I do appreciate that Spirit Savior is not your typical fetch and kill daily, I can understand the sentiment behind it. The content itself is also by design, not fair for every class in MapleStory.

We'll pass along this feedback.

I have to say, the most annoying thing imo is the ropes and the uneven terrain.
    I probably wouldn't care even on a teleport class if not for these things which drastically mess it up.
    Petalmagic
  • RetrolightRetrolight
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I probably wouldn't care even on a teleport class if not for these things which drastically mess it up.

This.
    Arwoo wrote: »
    The content itself is also by design, not fair for every class in MapleStory.
    And this is bad.
    I get that, for hmuto for example, classes are not even when it comes to solo, as it's designed as a party quest.
    But Spirit Savior is a solo quest. Disadvantaging consciously some classes (especially the weak ones) is not the way to go if you wanna add fun content for everyone.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    I guess I'm quite lucky as a dual blade then. The first couple of days of SS i was rather horrible at it, but with a little practise i perfected my runs. I make 10-15k points per run and easily cap my symbols everyday. Double flashjump really is a life saver in this thing. I just go around in a big circle until i saved 5 and then maneuver my way past the big purple blob to turn them in.
    Even though I've gotten good at it, it's still one of my least favorite dailies to do. The whole thing just bothers me. I can imagine it being absolute torture for teleporters or any classes that are not as fast.

@Fuhreak
    I actually need the ropes sometimes. I use the ones hanging from the platforms to quickly save an extra spirit sometimes i wouldn't be able to reach otherwise. The ones hanging from the branches on top of the platforms are more annoying yes. Trying to quickly drop down from the branch onto a platform where the spirit is, but instead you start climbing down the dumb rope can really mess up your run. I try to avoid that by aiming my jumps perfectly so that i can just drop down, but it doesn't always work out.
    The uneven terrain is pretty bothersome. I've learned to deal with it, but it took some time. There is to much stuff you can land on or walk on when you don't really want to. The one thing that bothers me the most is the center where you have to take the spirits to. You can't flash jump out of it, it just doesn't work properly for some reason (noticed something similar though less annoying with chu chu). You have to walk to the edge before you can flash jump away. I wonder if teleporters have the same issue.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited January 2019
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    About the spot to turn in Spirits.
    All our skills lags there in GMS. KMS doesn't have that lag, if you haven't noticed take a look on YouTube.
    Now they spawn us above the hand in location upon starting the run, which I find kinda annoying.
    I know this has been preached like a million times and I year late on this but seriously why doesn't spirit savior have a practice mode? its very hard to learn how to do it when you are going in with only three attempts day which btw shouldn't count if you fail. Just now getting to Arcana I finally understand the frustration, Spirit Savior is very stupid and needs to be made with a practice mode or made like Chu Chu Island where you can fail and it doesn't count against you. I am tempted to stop doing Spirit Savior altogether and just keep my low tier Arcana symbol. It isn't worth the frustration and anger. It is also very awesome when you earn 0 coins and can't do anything about it. Not good design at all. I know this won't change a darn thing but oh well.
    We all know how you feel. I don't know which job you play as main. I practiced Spirit Savior on my Night Lord. Just like anyone else I failed the first time I tried, after a week I could cap and I kept improving my runs. I capped coins without looking on YouTube, however I did look at videos when I was trying to aim higher than 17,500 points, 22,500 is my best score.

On a job with double/triple jumps it is indeed a lot easier than other classes without them, but I also play a mage as my 2nd main, which is my Kanna. My Kanna was weak and even more after they nerfed Haku's Blessing. It took me a while to even destroy the trap from the Spirits. So I went around the map to lower the HP of every trapped Spirit. After I was done with that I freed them one by one and tried to hand in as 3 and sometimes 4 if I was lucky with the locations. This is of course a hassle but by doing this I also practiced navigating through the map on my Kanna instead of giving up. And of course I made many mistakes due some stupid platform or rope.
    I worked on my Kanna's gear in the meanwhile too. When I gave my Kanna some better gears (it still wasn't good enough) but the score did improve because I could free the Spirits faster, which saved me time. My Kanna needs 2 hits now to free a spirit and my best score is 15,000 (got this amount five times so far) but it is hard to get that amount with lag, Kanna's not so responsive skills (especially Teleport). I sometimes use Kanna's 5th job Sengoku Force, Assemble at Spirit Savior, which is risky skill and may mess up your run. The summons starts to attack everything within range, which will cause the Chaser to grow up easily to the next stage and you didn't claim the spirit. But the skill could help you too with getting higher result.

I also watched YouTube to see how other Kannas do it. I learnt from their runs and it improved my runs.

Up to you if you want to stop doing Spirit Savior runs but I would use the runs to practice. Find out what you can do, what you shouldn't do, and remember them. Mistakes happens, it's all fine.