[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

want to delete/deactivate account but...

DiosothDiosoth
Reactions: 630
edited December 2018 in Account Billing Support
They need a scan of my driver's license and other info, which I am not comfortable giving. Why do they require info I didn't have to provide to open the account? At least, they didn't need it in 2007 when I registered.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    The verification is an extra step to ensure that another person like a hacker cannot deactivate your account on their own.
    Similarly, Nexon will also ask for ID if you have lost your email and are trying to recover your account, to ensure that a random user cannot break into your account simply by asking politely.

As /u/Zellion-Fly pointed out on your Reddit thread of the same subject, this is a common practice among businesses as a safety precaution.

All information is secure. Additionally, you can block out any other information except name, date of birth, and the photo.
  • DiosothDiosoth
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2018
    Well, I'm not going to hassle with that. Right now after dealing with CS over my account ban due to a lag spike and nothing else and generally getting nowhere, my account is either under a 1-month ban, or has been upgraded to permanent after indicating they did not do more than check initial logs and would be uninstalling the game, I'm not sure which, nor do I care to check the ticket as I consider all of this to have soured me from playing the game further regardless, even if the 1-month ban expires, even if it were unbanned today. For all I know it'll happen again later due to another bug, and missing 1 month of the Black Mage event simply isn't worth it. I'll just stick with keeping the game & launcher uninstalled.