[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pot Scrolls in Reboot?

AndromedyAndromedy
Reactions: 1,720
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

I play on Reboot as the title suggests, and I was wondering how everyone get's their potential scrolls? I've finding it extremely difficult to come by them. I've heard Yu Garden dailies get you at least 6 a week or something like that. So I still have to check that out. But is there any other way?

I purchased the 3 50% epic pot scrolls from the alliance coin shop, all of them boomed. So i'm very much dead in the water here. If anyone could give me some helpful advice it would be very much appreciated! :[

Comments

• Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2018
    You can have 3 epic pot scroll per week in the legion coin Shop as well ;)
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2018
    Yu Garden is the go to method for getting them consistently, but there are a few other methods.

Work on your legion, you can buy them from the legion shop for legion coins, which you will eventually have in abundance if you get your legion higher level.
    Farm EBosses. They drop rare treasure chests that have a chance to contain a epic potential scroll, ive gotten as many as three in a single day
    Do your root abyss daily, there is a random chance of a shop/guy spawning after each boss, and a rare chance that he sells an epic pot scroll
    Do the commerci quest line, which rewards with a 100% epic potential scroll
    Do monster collection, you can get epic potential scrolls from the rewards you get for collecting monsters

I believe there are monsters that can drop pot scrolls but those are pretty rare.

While it doesn't work for everything, you can save a few pot scrolls by using the transfer hammer. For example, when you finish an eboss, the bonus stage will often reward equips that contain epic potential. Star those equips then xfer hammer them. You can keep a piece of gear all the way from low level to end game if you get the right level equips to transfer them, or make them with blacksmithing. You can even fuse low level equips until one spawns with an epic pot and then level it up though to end game. This method can be more difficult for some accessories, shoulders, badge, emblem, etc, but for most of your basic gear its quite useful (glove, top, bottom, hat, shoes) Though a couple accessories can be done. For example, blossom rings are a pretty common drop from horntail, so if you find a blossom ring with potential, use the xfer hammer to transfer that potential to a blackgate ring that doesn't. Get a cracked belt or pendant drop from gollux with pot? xfer it a solid, then reinforced (dont xfer gollux rings ever, as you dont get seconds, same for earrings since you might want a drop set, a meso set and a damage set).

If anyone has other methods, I'd love to hear them as well.
  • tecul1tecul1
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    dojo is a slow source
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Yu Garden is the go to method for getting them consistently, but there are a few other methods.

Work on your legion, you can buy them from the legion shop for legion coins, which you will eventually have in abundance if you get your legion higher level.
    Farm EBosses. They drop rare treasure chests that have a chance to contain a epic potential scroll, ive gotten as many as three in a single day
    Do your root abyss daily, there is a random chance of a shop/guy spawning after each boss, and a rare chance that he sells an epic pot scroll
    Do the commerci quest line, which rewards with a 100% epic potential scroll
    Do monster collection, you can get epic potential scrolls from the rewards you get for collecting monsters

I believe there are monsters that can drop pot scrolls but those are pretty rare.

While it doesn't work for everything, you can save a few pot scrolls by using the transfer hammer. For example, when you finish an eboss, the bonus stage will often reward equips that contain epic potential. Star those equips then xfer hammer them. You can keep a piece of gear all the way from low level to end game if you get the right level equips to transfer them, or make them with blacksmithing. You can even fuse low level equips until one spawns with an epic pot and then level it up though to end game. This method can be more difficult for some accessories, shoulders, badge, emblem, etc, but for most of your basic gear its quite useful (glove, top, bottom, hat, shoes) Though a couple accessories can be done. For example, blossom rings are a pretty common drop from horntail, so if you find a blossom ring with potential, use the xfer hammer to transfer that potential to a blackgate ring that doesn't. Get a cracked belt or pendant drop from gollux with pot? xfer it a solid, then reinforced (dont xfer gollux rings ever, as you dont get seconds, same for earrings since you might want a drop set, a meso set and a damage set).

If anyone has other methods, I'd love to hear them as well.

I'm just going to mention all the methods I remember (which you covered some)

EBosses
    Fritto Bounty Portals
    Inferno Wolf Portals
    Root Abyss Shop (Random)
    Temple of Time Shop (Random)
    Monster Collection
    Legion
    Von Leon's Castle Dailies
    Yu Garden
    Mu Lung Dojo
    I know there are more, but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2018
    Thank you all for the advice. I'm getting increasingly frustrated as I've used 5 50% Epots on this item and each one has bloody boomed on me >->

/tableflip

I shall look into these methods!