[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GIVE US MORE BOSS ATTEMPTS!

DeadlingDeadling
Reactions: 730
edited November 2018 in Rants and Raves
1x daily sucks! My Pink Bean run was ruined because the client crashed. At the least give us the chance to re-enter the fight if we logged right back in! Can we please go back to 3x daily for most bosses? Maybe make it so the power crystal only drops one of the runs. That way sure, a DC will ruin that ruin if it happened, but you still have 2x more tries. And don't lump the runs together! Let us do an easy, normal and chaos or whatever is there. Let us suicide into that boss knowing we can turn around and go for the easier one. Let us get that try!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Honestly can the entirety of the tune up update just be reversed and dismantled? Because that was little more than hamstringing and kneecapping disguised as improvements. Not only was boss entry, and thus reward point gain for some bosses, cut in half, but the drops were reduced as well. You get less potions, and less straight money from boss drops now. And this isn't even touching on how bad they screwed drop rate potential lines.

Not lumping runs together, as you put it, is literally how it was before that update. You could clear normal horntail, then re-enter and clear chaos horntail in the same day. Could do the same with normal and hard von leon. And purely in the interests of fairness, pink bean has always been a one-entry-per-day boss, but I agree that there needs to be some kind of grace period(say, 10-15 minutes?) in the event of a disconnect where you're allowed to re-enter the boss fight at the point you disconnected at.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Pink Bean has never had 3x daily entries that I'm aware of, as the method to enter Pink Bean requires the Marble of Chaos, which can only be obtained once per day. The same applies to Cygnus, as you may only craft one Dream Key per day.

To my knowledge, Pink Bean's entry limits have changed the least out of all bosses, and were in fact made easier when the crafting materials necessary for the marble were removed.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Exactly why I said most bosses, lol. But at the least a grace of some sort would be nice. I'd actually say less than 10-15m, maybe actually only 5. I mean your boss run is on a timer after all. Bean was just the last boss I was planning to run and that DC happened, lol. Was just mad.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    in my opinion, bosses should have a daily clear limit of 1, not an entry limit of 1
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    in my opinion, bosses should have a daily clear limit of 1, not an entry limit of 1

That'd at least make it more tolerable for people who crash out of bosses frequently.
  • PawblePawble
    Reactions: 405
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

That'd at least make it more tolerable for people who crash out of bosses frequently.

That's probably not a thing since some bosses still have multiple parts that give EXP. I don't see it being possible without people exploiting it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Pawble wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

That's probably not a thing since some bosses still have multiple parts that give EXP. I don't see it being possible without people exploiting it.

That's also the problem too, and likely why they're all per-entry.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    Is that really relevant anymore though? Nexon has made it clear that they want us to reach lvl 200 relatively quickly. Would exploiting bosses for their exp this way matter much at all? Because let's be honest, other than maybe killing normal zakum at lvl 90, the exp isn't that much at all (CHT and PB/CPB would be too hard to kill for most new folks/mules). I'm assuming there will be a 30 minute cooldown for every daily boss entry anyways. That seems to be the general theme they're going with. Even without the cooldown, it wouldn't matter much. After 200 you're definitely better off just grinding.
    Anyway, that's just my thoughts on the matter. Maybe i'm missing something.