[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't do the quest "Save the soldiers"

NeckronNeckron
Reactions: 500
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest bug

Brief bug summary:

I'm trying to do the quest "Save the soldiers", but when I click on the "signal flare" I get the message:
"you're not within the level rangeor you cannot use the signal flare"

More details:

My char is at level 144, I tried changing maps with monsters from level 134 to level 153. I tried maps with and without starforce. I tried to close and open the game again, I still have the same error.

Steps to reproduce:

Accept the quest "Save the soldiers" via alliance notifier, then double click "signal flare" and press "Yes"

Character name: Senb0nz4kur4

Character level: 144

Character job: iilium

World name: Zenith

EDIT: Tried on my lvl 108 Ark, (ARKanine0010) and it does not work as well

Comments

• BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited December 2018
    at reset today signal flares no longer work, was the mission type suppose to change and replace the soldier mission?
  • StaplerMisfireStaplerMisfire
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2018
    Same bug exactly.
    Character Name: Knutaditto
    Character Level: 210
    Job: Shadower
    World name: Bera
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    It tells us that the monsters we are hunting are not in the correct level range? Ummm I'm 230 on my Ark and the monsters are 237. Has the range been changed?
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited December 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    It tells us that the monsters we are hunting are not in the correct level range? Ummm I'm 230 on my Ark and the monsters are 237. Has the range been changed?

no. range hasnt been touched, i tried on tranquils, my level is 217. then i went to chuchu to a level 217 map. still wont work, its just broken right now.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited December 2018
    Bummer
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited December 2018
    Same
    Character Name: SpectreOra
    Character Level:230
    Job: Ark
    World Name: Mardia
  • eggnoodleeggnoodle
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2018
    Same
  • giiiinnnnnnaaaagiiiinnnnnnaaaa
    Reactions: 1,175
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I'm having the same issue. It doesn't matter if i'm in Arcana or Slurpy, I keep getting the same message about not being being the right level range to use signal flare. I've tried changing channels, maps and restarting the game completely. Maxing out my determination is going to be impossible, I don't have hours to do this, especially with the server maintenance that's supposed to happen in a few hours.
    Character Name: GeeLady
    Character Level:231
    Job: Kanna
    World Name: Bellocan
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2018
    same issue this evening, was working ok "yesterday" (earlier today before 7pm eastern time).
    Bera
  • MolekulasMolekulas
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited December 2018
    The rescue event is supposed to end 12/12/2018 1 p.m. but it stopped working long before
    Character Name: ElExorcista
    Character Level:219
    Job: Dawn Warrior
    World Name: Bera
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    500 emob hunting, let's go! (jks)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Molekulas wrote: »
    The rescue event is supposed to end 12/12/2018 1 p.m. but it stopped working long before

Jw, where did it say that the rescue eent is suppose to end 12/12/2018 1pm?
  • ZephrayZephray
    Reactions: 1,140
    I'm in the same boat. Good to know it's not just me, at least.
  • MolekulasMolekulas
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Molekulas wrote: »

Jw, where did it say that the rescue eent is suppose to end 12/12/2018 1pm?

If you check the quest log once accepted it says duration until 12/12/2018 1p.m.

YinYangX
  • HaruchinHaruchin
    Reactions: 300
    Same here :c i really needed those 500 coins :c
    Character name: pochipochi
    Character level: 211
    Job: shade
    World name: scania
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited December 2018
    yeah, my terror beast and soot glare moonbridge quests werent working either, as well as flares

• MolekulasMolekulas
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    yeah, my terror beast and soot glare moonbridge quests werent working either, as well as flares

The quest of moonbridge if it works, if it is to investigate 0/60 you should only kill mobs / elites on the map and every so often you add a point is usually completed with the full hour, the terror 0/200 is when the dark eye that flies on the map and does mobs spam does not have fixed time to appear but it does it inside the hour, the terror 0/50 or to complete 3 times a clock appears and in that time you must kill the mobs Flying eye are only 20 for each appearance and are harder to kill in addition to an elite that appears missing half the time, do it 3 times and complete any of those two quest, finally the quest to attack the heart is enter the map from the beginning to the central portal you must dodge the attacks for at least the first 3 minutes and a portal to the center will appear that takes you to the map where you only have to hit the heart the time remaining and the quest is completed, each hit you receive you get 5 seconds off time.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited December 2018
    ^ yeah ive previously been able to complete those missions no problem was just last night that they just did not work at all
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2018
    if quest had ended, should not be able to get the flare again...maybe fix itself (quest deleted) today...