[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Third V skill on recently advanced characters?

WhorificWhorific
Reactions: 1,865
edited December 2018 in General Chat
I'm wondering if anyone who advanced their character AFTER the Labyrinth patch got all 3 skills in their V Matrix.

I trained up a couple characters to 200 with the intent to advance all of them once all 3 skills become available, to avoid wasting nodestones crafting skills on mules. When I advanced, I only got the first 2 skills, not even the New Power quest.

The reason I'm not posting this in the Bug Reports section is because I don't know if it's because it's an actual glitch that everyone is having or if it's just because I started the advancement quests several weeks ago, before the Black Mage updates even started.

Ignoring the New Power quest, Do characters that advance after the Labyrinth patch get all three skills DURING THE ADVANCEMENT at this moment?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Whorific wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone who advanced their character AFTER the Labyrinth patch got all 3 skills in their V Matrix.

I trained up a couple characters to 200 with the intent to advance all of them once all 3 skills become available, to avoid wasting nodestones crafting skills on mules. When I advanced, I only got the first 2 skills, not even the New Power quest.

The reason I'm not posting this in the Bug Reports section is because I don't know if it's because it's an actual glitch that everyone is having or if it's just because I started the advancement quests several weeks ago, before the Black Mage updates even started.

Ignoring the New Power quest, Do characters that advance after the Labyrinth patch get all three skills DURING THE ADVANCEMENT at this moment?

I'm assuming you get it at the point where you originally got the first job node back when V job was released. Did you only get like 1/2 out of the 3 job nodes or have you not gotten any yet?
  • WhorificWhorific
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    I'm assuming you get it at the point where you originally got the first job node back when V job was released. Did you only get like 1/2 out of the 3 job nodes or have you not gotten any yet?

I got the first two skills when I advanced. I did not get the third skill. I'm asking if the change to get all 3 skills during the advancement was implemented yet or not.
    Fuhreak
  • BlankieBlankie
    Reactions: 605
    edited December 2018
    I'm having the same issue. Just now advanced on Dual Blade, only got first 2 skills
    Whorific
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Same here, advanced and only got 2/3 on shadower.
    Whorific
  • WhorificWhorific
    edited December 2018
    Blankie wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Just now advanced on Dual Blade, only got first 2 skills
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Same here, advanced and only got 2/3 on shadower.

Thank you. That's what I wanted to know.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2018
    Only got the first 2 on my Dark Knight I advanced.

Was actually hoping we were also getting the 2nd skill free too for previously advanced characters. I had gotten my AB to 200 maybe a couple months ago but didn't get spotlight. Ended up opening 100 nodes but still didn't get it :(
    FuhreakWhorific
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Only got the first 2 on my Dark Knight I advanced.

Was actually hoping we were also getting the 2nd skill free too for previously advanced characters. I had gotten my AB to 200 maybe a couple months ago but didn't get spotlight. Ended up opening 100 nodes but still didn't get it :(

I was under the impression it would give you a node for each one you were missing. I think Nexon dropped the ball on this one.
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2018
    "It has been changed to give out all of the job-exclusive Skill Nodes, including these new 5th Job Skill Nodes, when advancing to the 5th Job."

It states right in the newest patch notes, under the entire list of skills, that you are supposed to unlock these for free once advancing. My husband just did his 5th job, and only got the first two as well. So clearly there is something wrong here. I'm not sure if there is a severe amount of communication error here, or just an overall bug.

Perhaps this is intended for characters created AFTER this patch? Perhaps it is bugged outright?

I do know that having the quest accepted prior to this patch isn't a cause, as my husband was not even 200 before this patch.

Hopefully they will look into this matter if attention is brought to it, as I assume it is very frustrating.
    Whorific
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Whorific wrote: »
    I got the first two skills when I advanced. I did not get the third skill. I'm asking if the change to get all 3 skills during the advancement was implemented yet or not.

Mb, after reading other forum threads and the patch memo, realized that it's bugged on Nexon's end. (And upon going back, realized that I didn't clearly read your original post either, apologies.)
    Whorific
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2018
    Andromedy wrote: »
    "It has been changed to give out all of the job-exclusive Skill Nodes, including these new 5th Job Skill Nodes, when advancing to the 5th Job."

It states right in the newest patch notes, under the entire list of skills, that you are supposed to unlock these for free once advancing. My husband just did his 5th job, and only got the first two as well. So clearly there is something wrong here. I'm not sure if there is a severe amount of communication error here, or just an overall bug.

Perhaps this is intended for characters created AFTER this patch? Perhaps it is bugged outright?

I do know that having the quest accepted prior to this patch isn't a cause, as my husband was not even 200 before this patch.

Hopefully they will look into this matter if attention is brought to it, as I assume it is very frustrating.

I did a variety of characters and what I think is happening is that if you have done your 5th job advancement and gotten the first 2 skills, it bugs out and won't give the 3rd. If your character had advanced before Nexon gave the 2nd skill in the advancement process you'll get the 3rd skill from the new quest, but not the 2nd.