[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maintenance ...

xShaneyxShaney
Reactions: 300
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Is Maplestory currently undergoing maintenance? Or is Maplestory 2 undergoing maintenance? or both? I am so lost because it looks like MS2 is undergoing maintenance and it has the note about it but MapleStory don't have the note about undergoing maintenance? What is going on?

Ok nevermind I found the note. Nexon should've moved the note up so it can be seen, not hidden. Tsk...

maplestory.nexon.net/news/40854/updated-december-18-scheduled-minor-patch-december-19-2018

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    the discord server posts announcements, if you haven't already, join it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    I wish they would stop posting the announcements two days ahead of time. Or at the very least keep them pinned as a featured post like how the v201 patch notes and holiday events post are.

This is the second or third week they've posted scheduled-downtime notices two days ahead of time and it's been buried by the day of, leading to people coming to the forums to ask or complain about the servers being down.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited December 2018
    I don't understand this. It is not hard at all to find out if there's a maintenance or not. It clearly tells you there's one if you hit the play button. On top of that, you can also find out by going through the tiles in the nexon launcher. Even if you aren't on your desktop, you can filter the feed on the site.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I wish they would stop posting the announcements two days ahead of time. Or at the very least keep them pinned as a featured post like how the v201 patch notes and holiday events post are.

This is the second or third week they've posted scheduled-downtime notices two days ahead of time and it's been buried by the day of, leading to people coming to the forums to ask or complain about the servers being down.

This is kind of interesting because iirc people used to complain that maint. noticed came up basically on the day of and not before (from my memory, maint/patch notices used to up a few days ahead of time, then switched like the day of, and now looks like they're inching back up to a few days ahead).

Personally, I prefer it being a few days ahead so I can properly plan for on the night before the maint. And this is just my ego speaking, but the people who are asking/complaining are the one who don't even bother checking the notices properly.
    MigiSouthpaw
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

This is kind of interesting because iirc people used to complain that maint. noticed came up basically on the day of and not before (from my memory, maint/patch notices used to up a few days ahead of time, then switched like the day of, and now looks like they're inching back up to a few days ahead).

Personally, I prefer it being a few days ahead so I can properly plan for on the night before the maint. And this is just my ego speaking, but the people who are asking/complaining are the one who don't even bother checking the notices properly.

Yea i totally agree
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018

I am 99% sure he is not complaining that they are being posted early, but rather that as an effect of being posted early they get buried by newer posts by the time the actual server check/patch happens. Any game update should be pinned to the homepage until said maintenance is finished.
    Fuhreak
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »

I am 99% sure he is not complaining that they are being posted early, but rather that as an effect of being posted early they get buried by newer posts by the time the actual server check/patch happens. Any game update should be pinned to the homepage until said maintenance is finished.

I mean... is it really that much effort to just click "see more news"? Also again, many other ways to find out other than the main page
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I mean... is it really that much effort to just click "see more news"? Also again, many other ways to find out other than the main page
    Quality of Life isn't always needed, but it's nice to have. Small changes can sometimes make things a joyful experience rather than an annoying task.
    Being able to just quickly check the website for those latest patch notes (or future patch notes) or the next scheduled maint without having to shuffle through others is nice.
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Quality of Life isn't always needed, but it's nice to have. Small changes can sometimes make things a joyful experience rather than an annoying task.
    Being able to just quickly check the website for those latest patch notes (or future patch notes) or the next scheduled maint without having to shuffle through others is nice.

I get that, it is nice and all but at this point its like people want to be spoon fed. Another example i saw was that a person asking for a fairy bro gift reminder. The fact that person wants a reminder before logging off derives from being irresponsible. The moment i finish the fairy bro 300 monsters, i claim the reward right away. It should be taken as a consequence if that person forgets and should use it to improve themself instead of relying on being spoon fed.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018

If I was a game developer, I would want my maintenance notes to be front and center. If the maintenance notes had have been pinned to the top of the homepage like they should be, this entire thread wouldn't even exist because players would know right away.

I agree that some people rush to post on the forums/discord without taking a few minutes to check, but to not try and make things more transparent and easily accessible for your player base is just silly.
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »

If I was a game developer, I would want my maintenance notes to be front and center. If the maintenance notes had have been pinned to the top of the homepage like they should be, this entire thread wouldn't even exist because players would know right away.

I agree that some people rush to post on the forums/discord without taking a few minutes to check, but to not try and make things more transparent and easily accessible for your player base is just silly.

Indeed they can improve on that. While it is not exactly centered, you can't miss it on the nexon launcher as it is right there. Its also silly that the news/update feeds on the launcher were being completely ignored. The person attempts to launch the game, gets the maintenance message, then ignores the feeds which is just right there, then go on their browser instead.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018

Indeed they can improve on that. While it is not exactly centered, you can't miss it on the nexon launcher as it is right there. Its also silly that the news/update feeds on the launcher were being completely ignored. The person attempts to launch the game, gets the maintenance message, then ignores the feeds which is just right there, then go on their browser instead.
    Be careful with those assumptions. The steam version does none of these things.
    No news about maint, no warning that the game is under maint. No maint message on the front page.
    Point is, what OP suggests is a good idea. You might call it spoonfeeding, I call it good business practice.
    YinYangX
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Be careful with those assumptions. The steam version does none of these things.
    No news about maint, no warning that the game is under maint. No maint message on the front page.
    Point is, what OP suggests is a good idea. You might call it spoonfeeding, I call it good business practice.

Ah my mistakee, i forgot some launch it from steam. Regardless of which launcher is used still doesn't change the fact its not hard to find. At best you're saving 5 seconds if it was pinned at the top page. Why you gotta insult nexon like that
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    -snip-
    Why you gotta insult nexon like that

Maple memes demand I insult Nexon every chance I get.
    But in all seriousness, if they just used the old maint notice that used to be at the top of the screen we'd be good.
    Just place a warning on the website if the game is currently in, or about to go into maint in the next 24 hours.
    MigiSouthpaw