[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Totem effects not being properly hidden

ZephrayZephray
Reactions: 1,140
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Visual Bug

Brief bug summary: After going into the equipment inventory and clicking the effect button, and then right clicking totems that can appear behind you (Otherworld Cygnus, the Sengoku totems, etc.) to prevent them from showing up, they will be hidden from the player's view as intended, but all other players will be able to see them regardless.

More details: Through testing, I believe you need to move to at least one other map first for the totem to show up to other players after turning their effect off. Until you do that, those who were currently on the map with you won't see your totem, as intended.

Steps to reproduce: Go into your equipment inv. -> Click "Effect" -> Right click the totem(s) that have effects to turn them off -> Move to a different map -> Ask someone if they can see your totem following you, I guess? Or have someone else that you know reproduce these steps and see if you can still see their totems following them.

Character name: Azarul
Character level: 227
Character job: Demon Slayer
World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 12/20/2018 4:12PM MST

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    This appears to be an across-the-board bug with things you're able to hide the visible appearance of. There was another thread in here on it, let me see if I can find it.

Found it, and according to the mod that posted in the thread, it's been forwarded.
    YinYangX
  • ZephrayZephray
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited December 2018
    Oh whoa, I wasn't aware. I thought it was only a problem with totems, so I guess that explains why I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks for the reply!