[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove drop rate penalty for projectile drop rate

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It sucks when you spend countless hours with decent drop rate boosters to find Eternal Bullets for your Corsair, or any throwing stars really; only to exceed the level limit for which drop rate penalties are not starting to be applied to your character for being higher leveled than the few parts of content that only give these projectiles from certain areas, none of which could be obtained once your character reaches level 200. So what are your options when your drop rate starts to drop? Too bad so sad, go level another character to level 160 just so you can get 1 eternal bullet to drop from Mutant Ribbon Pigs? Blame me for not being a "suicide Corsair"? Isn't that a problem for players in Reboot who can gain more mesos from dying constantly than from leveling normally and hunting in maps suited for what their true level would be had they not died hundreds of times? Why should I be penalized for being higher level than parts of content that offer items that can only be obtained from said content and be punished by the level-based drop penalty for farming there? By the way, the drop rate for Eternal Bullets is so high that you could farm at ribbon pigs within the suggested level for up to 2 hours and still not get a single one, but only a handful of Steely Throwing Knives. None of the monsters in Scrapyard drop them, nor do any monsters in Arcane River. Are you asking me to suicide my corsair until I get one? Or will you ask me to level several characters despite already having maxed out slots consumed with many characters already bypassed the level range?

tl;dr only items that are shared consistently with all mobs like Utgard equips and potions should have the drop rate penalty applied because you can get them at any level past the minimum level needed to get them in the first place. Items like Bullets, Throwing Stars, and several recipes, which are extremely limited in availability, even without the drop rate penalty applied and only drop from certain enemies, should not have the drop rate penalty applied.

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    The drop rate penalty only applies to mesos now; the drop rate of items is no longer reduced when you overlevel a monster.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    Consumable items such as potions, familiar cards, scrolls, and projectiles (arrows/bullets) are exempt from drop rate penalties.
    Fuhreak
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Consumable items such as potions, familiar cards, scrolls, and projectiles (arrows/bullets) are exempt from drop rate penalties.

Pretty sure it's all items are exempt from drop rate penalties since you can still get low level equips and etc drops.
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but the message you get is something along the lines of "Hunting monster out of your level range will give you reduced Exp and Mesoes," hence, any item drop isn't affected.....

tldr: Read the message that pops up, it tells it as it is, nothing more, nothing less. >.>
    (mainly @ op)
    Fuhreakscholar624
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »

Oh worm?

That's good to know although an extremely late notice since I dropped corsair months ago after never being able to farm my own eternal bullets. But what about recipes?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »

Oh worm?

That's good to know although an extremely late notice since I dropped corsair months ago after never being able to farm my own eternal bullets. But what about recipes?

As we said, item drops are excluded. Only mesos and EXP are reduced if you're out of level range now.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited December 2018
    yeah i can farm wg off of slimes at lvl 200
    eternal bullet is just a horribly low drop rate, even 4x drop for hours havent found one
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    yeah i can farm wg off of slimes at lvl 200
    eternal bullet is just a horribly low drop rate, even 4x drop for hours havent found one

Welcome to the wonderful world of farming for Explorer Cygnus Skill Quest..
    YinYangX