[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Versus Hilla

nihirinihiri
Reactions: 850
Posts: 19
Member
edited December 2018 in Rants and Raves
So I am trying to fight Versus Hilla; while I got passed the first phase despite losing to her several times, the second (Lotus) phase made me cry many times because of how everything's happening at once and I keep dying more than the first phase. I can't stop crying for a long time, and even when I'm typing this post I cry because I just can't stop thinking about the boss fight. The fact that my birthday is 2 days away makes it insulting; I just wanted to be happy and carefree throughout my winter break, not just crying for 2 more hours. I tried using everything, from my usual 4th job skills, to my Hyper Skills, and my 5th job. Even if there are Kaiser guides for V. Hilla, they won't help as she is an unpredictable fight. Can Nexon just maybe nerf Versus Hilla or remove a few assets that make the fight "visually impossible," e.g. the hands that appear above and stun you?
  1. Do you agree with the bolded question? Tell me why.11 votes
    1. Yes.
       55% (6 votes)
    2. No.
       18% (2 votes)
    3. I never fought Versus Hilla before.
       27% (3 votes)
    4. Who's "Versus Hilla?"
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree, I maybe able to defeat her but for anyone with a range of 1 mill or lower, there is no way you are doing this boss. I died once and my range is 3 mill. For story purposes this is highly unfair to lower power players
    ohmyuniverse
  • MiwaMiwa
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Getting stunned rapidly before you can even make it to the altar as well as risk dying from the raw damage alone is rage inducing, lost so many times that I wasted almost 900 power elixirs, nerf Verus Hilla's damage a bit too please.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 3,630
    Posts: 740
    Member
    edited December 2018
    same here I'm having a tough time fighting verus hilla because of the darn strings that makes the soul turn into pink and I died by 1 hit ko by verus hilla, funny... when the description says you have to do one on one party! verus hilla shouldn't suppose to be a one on one party because there is no way a lower player can do that by soloing, nerf verus hilla dmg please.
    ohmyuniverse
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited December 2018
    yeah, like three one hit ko moves, and you cant escape from being stunned, terrible event boss

    theres no way i can solo this... so i cant proceed with the story line of the event? thanks nexon
    ohmyuniverse
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 7,820
    Posts: 1,701
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    yeah, like three one hit ko moves, and you cant escape from being stunned, terrible event boss

    theres no way i can solo this... so i cant proceed with the story line of the event? thanks nexon

    You don't have to solo the level 250 version of Verus Hilla.

    In the first case you don't have to solo at all; it's meant to be done in a party. It's also supposed to require 900 Arcane Force.
    In the second case, you only have to kill the story mode version to progress with the story. The story mode version scales to your level and should be easily defeated.

    Also, Verus Hilla does not have any one-hit KO attacks. Her skills are as follows:
    • Hands: Hands will appear and either drop strings or 3 fragments which fall to the floor. Strings and fragments do very little damage but turn one of your skulls pink.
    • Poison Scythe: Not OHKO either, as far as I can tell, but turns one of your skulls pink
    • Spikes: Hilla summons spikes from the ground. They deal %HP damage (the large ones deal a maximum of 50% damage) but do not turn your skulls pink
    • Summons: Hilla summons some monsters from the Labyrinth. Touching one turns a skull pink
    • Doom Scythe: Hilla reaps the screen. If you have pink skulls, you lose them all. If you don't have any pink skulls (or cleansed them at the altar), the attack does nothing. The Doom Scythe skill deals no damage
    • Summon Lotus/Damien: At 50% HP, Hilla summons Lotus and Damien in their 3rd and 2nd phase, respectively. Both have restricted skill sets, although I don't believe either has a strict OHKO attack in said skillsets.

    For context, at level 225 with very low damage, I was able to kill story-mode Verus Hilla in under a minute. I am unable to dent the level 250 version's HP.
  • MiwaMiwa
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok, confirmed, if all of your skull turns pink in story Verus Hilla you automatically die, is that suppose to happen? Because, getting stunned rapidly with strings while getting home run across the map away from the altar is pretty unfair, healing is pointless if that happens, the only way to get killed in one hit is if your skulls are all pink and Hilla does that scythe swing to wipe them all out.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Jez wrote: »
    yeah, like three one hit ko moves, and you cant escape from being stunned, terrible event boss

    theres no way i can solo this... so i cant proceed with the story line of the event? thanks nexon

    You don't have to solo the level 250 version of Verus Hilla.

    In the first case you don't have to solo at all; it's meant to be done in a party. It's also supposed to require 900 Arcane Force.
    In the second case, you only have to kill the story mode version to progress with the story. The story mode version scales to your level and should be easily defeated.

    Also, Verus Hilla does not have any one-hit KO attacks. Her skills are as follows:
    • Hands: Hands will appear and either drop strings or 3 fragments which fall to the floor. Strings and fragments do very little damage but turn one of your skulls pink.
    • Poison Scythe: Not OHKO either, as far as I can tell, but turns one of your skulls pink
    • Spikes: Hilla summons spikes from the ground. They deal %HP damage (the large ones deal a maximum of 50% damage) but do not turn your skulls pink
    • Summons: Hilla summons some monsters from the Labyrinth. Touching one turns a skull pink
    • Doom Scythe: Hilla reaps the screen. If you have pink skulls, you lose them all. If you don't have any pink skulls (or cleansed them at the altar), the attack does nothing. The Doom Scythe skill deals no damage
    • Summon Lotus/Damien: At 50% HP, Hilla summons Lotus and Damien in their 3rd and 2nd phase, respectively. Both have restricted skill sets, although I don't believe either has a strict OHKO attack in said skillsets.

    For context, at level 225 with very low damage, I was able to kill story-mode Verus Hilla in under a minute. I am unable to dent the level 250 version's HP.

    the first one i needed a party to help, got past it. but this second one is not easy like youre making it sound, it is impossible for me to not be endlessly stunned and killed with a 210 corsair

    there is something wrong with this boss, and it is definitely not scaled to my level

    and i definitely get one hit kod while stunned
    and ffs why does it have to make me go trough the dialogue and watch the tiny cutscene every single time i retry, this is maddening

    there is no way to avoid being stunned constantly.... "should be easily" defeated" ... after my experience with this boss, this part of your post makes me hate you

    there is no possible way to get to the altar either, she sits on top of it and non stop stun....? theres clearly something wrong here

    how do you escape being stunned? i am stunned 99.9% of the time in this boss room i have wasted thousands of potions... just trying to recover from being attacked while stunned

    give me a strategy if its so easy
    ohmyuniverse
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 7,820
    Posts: 1,701
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    the first one i needed a party to help, got past it. but this second one is not easy like youre making it sound, it is impossible for me to not be endlessly stunned and killed with a 210 corsair

    there is something wrong with this boss, and it is definitely not scaled to my level

    and i definitely get one hit kod while stunned
    and ffs why does it have to make me go trough the dialogue and watch the tiny cutscene every single time i retry, this is maddening

    there is no way to avoid being stunned constantly.... "should be easily" defeated" ... after my experience with this boss, this part of your post makes me hate you

    there is no possible way to get to the altar either, she sits on top of it and non stop stun....? theres clearly something wrong here

    how do you escape being stunned? i am stunned 99.9% of the time in this boss room i have wasted thousands of potions... just trying to recover from being attacked while stunned

    give me a strategy if its so easy

    Dodging the threads themselves is the best method to avoid being stunned. All threads that come down from the ceiling have safe areas, you need to stand between them and not try to jump through the strings.
    You can also bind Verus Hilla, so using Erda Nova or some such will give you time to get your bearings when you first enter.

    Also, healing is disabled until you use the altar, similar to Will phase 2. It's not possible to waste potions in the fight.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited December 2018
    dodging? theres no safe zone, you dodge into a stun, mob, or boss
    how is healing disabled are you kidding? are we even talking about the same thing here? i havent been able to use the altar at all and have healed
    binding is useless because i cant kill in the first second and stuns never stop
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 7,820
    Posts: 1,701
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    dodging? theres no safe zone, you dodge into a stun, mob, or boss
    how is healing disabled are you kidding? are we even talking about the same thing here? i havent been able to use the altar at all and have healed
    binding is useless because i cant kill in the first second and stuns never stop

    There are safe zones for every hand. Here is a clip from x3TheAran59's fight in KMS, I've marked down the safe zones within the threads with red arrows.

    All potions and healing skills are disabled throughout the fight. It may not be disabled in story mode (the one you fight after the cutscenes involving Orchid), but as I said, story mode scales according to your level. It shouldn't be too difficult to kill the story mode unless you are significantly lacking in gear.
    Verus Hilla Illusion (the weaker, level 210 version) does not scale, but healing was still disabled last I checked.

    You can watch iSlingGunz take on Verus Hilla with his Dark Knight here if you want to try and strategize by example.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited December 2018
    ....

    youre clearly talking about something different. im not talking about the hilla u have to go through the maze and can party to beat
    im talking about the hilla in the storyline that you have to solo and prevents you from being able to enter the labyrinth (preventing 30k determination farming)
    im not "significantly lacking gear", not endgame, but good enough vs real bosses.

    show me someone with fafnir set and lvl 210 who can pass this.
    ohmyuniverse
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 7,820
    Posts: 1,701
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Jez wrote: »
    ....

    youre clearly talking about something different. im not talking about the hilla u have to go through the maze and can party to beat
    im talking about the hilla in the storyline that you have to solo and prevents you from being able to enter the labyrinth (preventing 30k determination farming)
    im not "significantly lacking gear", not endgame, but good enough vs real bosses.

    show me someone with fafnir set and lvl 210 who can pass this.

    The boss mechanics are the same, regardless of difficulty, so strategy remains the same.

    This user replied to your other thread clocking in at level 215. As stated, it's mostly a matter of dodging the attacks, and a bind will help significantly.
  • HinizinHinizin
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited December 2018
    The only way I could beat her was by using final pact. That fight is insane.