[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Orchid Crashing Limina Maps

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
SO with the release of the new Limina questline, it seems a new bug comes with it.
During the instanced map (the one with 1-hour of exp gain) Whenever Orchid spawns it basically crashes the game and map. Task Manager indicates a memory leak type of issue although I have yet to catch this on video because I crash when it happens.

IGN: Occidaemon
World: Reboot, Channel 1
Map: Limina: World's Sorrow 1
Time: first occured around 4:30 pm or so PST, most recent 5:15 pm PST.

Comments

• DuckWaddlerDuckWaddler
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited December 2018
    Orchid in the alliance quest, LAGS horribly.
    "Orchid descends" and big time lag.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited December 2018
    IGN: Voidvenger
    Broa, Channel 1
    Map: Limina: World's Sorrow 1
    8:15 PM EST
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    IGN: GreenGales
    World: Bera
    Same map as above
  • lllAlonsollllllAlonsolll
    Reactions: 830
    edited December 2018
    Same here.
    IGN: lTzAlOnSoOoO
    World: Luna
    Same map as above
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    The very first time it happened, I got intense lag/framerate drop. The subsequent times I've done it I've had no issues. I have a decent computer so I'm sure the lag from that will render any lower graphics computer unusable. =S Definitely something that needs to be looked in to.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    The very first time it happened, I got intense lag/framerate drop. The subsequent times I've done it I've had no issues. I have a decent computer so I'm sure the lag from that will render any lower graphics computer unusable. =S Definitely something that needs to be looked in to.

My computer is fairly decent too, but she DCs me consistently. Again, my Task Manager indicates the memory SKYROCKETS when she spawns and it just kills the game. I was using 70% or so of my memory on Maple. like 2x of what my memory is overall when I am watching a youtube video and playing Maple at the same time.
  • iDeadliftiDeadlift
    Reactions: 100
    IGN: CrazyRichAzn
    World:Scania
    Same map but like 3:30pm HST (Hawaii standard time)
  • NoobAlikeNoobAlike
    Reactions: 520
    same @ reboot
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Thank you all for reporting this.
    Nexon is aware of the issue: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/42097/

For now, I recommend trying to find a map with as few people as possible (ideally just you), as the lag seems to increase exponentially with the number of people in the map.
    YinYangX
  • GPINKSGPINKS
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2018
    Am i the only one that gets dced every time orchid appears for the event?
    i am trying to finish my daily quest but i simply can't because i keep getting dced
  • RunicRunic
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2018
    Same problem in broa.

Massive lag spike, and then just freezes outright. No chance to be able to complete the quest, let alone get the 3 needed for the reward.

Well, outside of having an auto-damaging skill already in effect when the lag starts and the mobs spawn, but before you get killed by the black hole.

This sort of thing makes it entirely unplayable though.
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited December 2018
    yeah every time orchid appears game becomes unresponsive or crashes
    cant complete this quest
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2018
    Runic wrote: »
    Same problem in broa.

Massive lag spike, and then just freezes outright. No chance to be able to complete the quest, let alone get the 3 needed for the reward.

Well, outside of having an auto-damaging skill already in effect when the lag starts and the mobs spawn, but before you get killed by the black hole.

This sort of thing makes it entirely unplayable though.

this problem this too causing lag and freezes in anyones other maps and quest event in the game too, the game sometimes when relog later of this spikes or lag massive closed immediately