[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory Holiday Card Contest

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited December 2018 in Contests and Events
S7bwsiQ.png

Happy Holidays, Maplers!

We're nearing the best time of the year in our world, but also the darkest of times in the Maple world. With our powers combined (free time from the holiday season) perhaps we will be able to defeat the Black Mage once and for all! However, not all of us are supporters of Cygnus and the Alliance. Indeed, there are some here who favor the word of the Black Mage.

This contest is a battle of showing your support and allegiance towards either Cygnus and the Alliance, or the Black Mage.
Create a holiday card to boost the spirit of whom you wish to follow. Further contest details below:

Please note you can only submit a card for ONE of the two sides.

Holiday Card for the Black Mage:

‣ Make sure the theme of the card is dark and edgy. Capture the darkness of the Black Mage.
‣ The Black Mage is a big fan of chains.
‣ The Black Mage is not concerned with elaborate cards.

Holiday Card for Cygnus:

‣ Decorate the card and make it fit for an empress.
‣ The power of light should radiate through this Holiday card.
‣ Cygnus enjoys Shinsoo and her noble followers.

Requirements to Enter:

‣ Hand drawn holiday card or created and decorated physical Holiday card themed for MapleStory's Black Mage or Cygnus.
‣ Physical cards can be posted as a photo image while hand drawn cards can be either JPEG or PNG files shared in your post.
‣ Messages contained in the card if illegible through photo may be posted as text on the entry post.
‣ Creative direction of the card containing a message, art, or a balance of both is up to the contestant.

Rules:
- No multiple submissions
- No plagiarism
- No inappropriate content (Definition of inappropriate is left up to the decision of the judges)
- Any breach of these rules is grounds for disqualification
- All decisions of the judges are final
- Players that have been banned in the game are not allowed to win this contest.
- For the full official rules of this contest, please click here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/22880/maplestory-holiday-card-contest-official-rules?new=1

Prizes):

‣ 65,000 Maple Points
‣ 35,000 Maple Points
‣ 25,000 Maple Points

Comments

• BansBans
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2018
    Reserverd Uwu
  • Sterling_AislingSterling_Aisling
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2018
    Dark and edgy? Okay, the Dark Lord sounds like he needs some happiness into his abyssal world. Sheesh. He needs a Christmas cheer, or a holiday spirit! It's not good for his health! Honestly!

Done! Here it is! Sorry if I used Imgur. Hope it didn't turn into a hassle....

IGN: YaraSylvia

World: Renegades

https://imgur.com/a/WVkeJTT
    edited December 2018
    Also, I have a question, sorry for this. I'm turning this into a hassle....

But, what is the maximum and minimum limit on how big you can make the card?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited December 2018

As small or as big as you'd like.
    Sterling_Aisling
    edited December 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »

As small or as big as you'd like.

Thank you~! ^^
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2018
    Can we mail it to Arwoo?
    Renni
  • LaicaDenniseLaicaDennise
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2018
    IGN: LaicaplMFxXDgj
    World: Galicia
    YinYangX
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited December 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Can we mail it to Arwoo?

Yes!!! I would love it!
    Sterling_Aisling
  • TheSoreArkTheSoreArk
    Reactions: 500
    can I donate the maple points if I win? as a christmas gift for the one that cant afford?
    edited December 2018
    I'm really sorry, but I have another question.

Is it alright if we use different kinds of paper? Like Line paper, or something?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited December 2018
    I'm really sorry, but I have another question.

Is it alright if we use different kinds of paper? Like Line paper, or something?

Yes, that is fine.
    TheSoreArk wrote: »
    can I donate the maple points if I win? as a christmas gift for the one that cant afford?

Absolutely!
    SnowwSterling_Aisling
  • LaicaDenniseLaicaDennise
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2018
    May I ask when will the contest end?
  • SqueakSqueak
    Reactions: 1,970
    edited December 2018
    Ign: Squeaki
    World: Scania
    I probably should of added more to it, but for now i did more of a pop-up card for cygnus. This was done by hand and colored with just regular color pencils on card stock. Always liked the interaction of a pop-up card since it takes a lot of planning to make one to begin with.
    7djqJgP.gif
    2qyW2B9.gif
    the spoiler is still images that are somewhat close ups.
    lbdxSts.jpg
    hUqgoFX.jpg
    Pcf698M.jpg
    Sterling_Aisling
  • YaelYael
    Reactions: 405
    edited December 2018
    Im assuming Ive got the time till christmas? Because mine took some longer than expected. Also: I didnt read right and I made a card with two sides, the left side is Cygnus and the right side is The Black Mage. Is this okay? I will finish it this morning.
  • YaelYael
    Reactions: 405
    edited December 2018
    I hope my card can be seen as one for Cygnus, because it is about the light side. If the fact that the Dark mage is on the card makes this impossible, please pretend the black mage isn't there and solely judge me on the Cygnus part (because the text fits that way). Thank you for your consideration!

IGN: Xieuw
    World: Luna

In my card, i chose to elevate the main characters. If the whole card counts, the story behind it that however dark your christmas might be, Cygnus will break through the chains and will be the light you need. Also: I used glitter.

4kVX7FI.jpg
    oTLNjIu.jpg
    FyF3higg.jpg
    rS9GKPt.jpg
    Q6rbAGS.jpg
  • TrnbTrnb
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2018
    Can the holiday card designs be digital?
  • PuffycheeksPuffycheeks
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2018
    IGN: Puffycheeks
    World: Windia
    V8J22qI.jpg
    Even with the war going on, the Alliance deserves the holiday season off. Everyone should spend their holidays with their friends and family, so I drew a ribbon around the border to signify their close ties to each other. Everyone deserves a happy holidays. Even you, Neinheart.
    In all seriousness, thank you for getting me back into drawing. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve drawn, but when I saw this contest, I knew I had to participate.
    Those ornaments might look a little familiar ;)
    And yes, Shinsoo is a shining star.
    Sterling_Aisling
    edited December 2018
    May I ask when will the contest end?

On December, 30th.
  • AslemnAslemn
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2018
    IGN: AtarLJaguar
    World: Khaini
    Side: Black Mage

In honor of our discoveries during Tenebris storyline, I've decided to make a few references to what happened in the newest update. This holiday card was drawn and painted with ink pens, colored pencils, alcohol-based markers and acrylic paints.

The outside portion of the card features a closed door with his holiday wishes: "Happy Holidays, enjoy them while you can" [front]; and a dark Black Mage Portrait (fire and chains galore) on the back.

Db0XTWI.jpg

When you open the card, you'll have a glimpse of the new world that the Black Mage wants to create, and a scary message: "There is only darkness in your future".

cuptz0o.jpg

However, there's a hidden message written in fluorescent acrylic paint that reveals his true intentions. When you turn off the lights and bring the ultimate darkness upon yourself, he has something else do say in addition:

fW327qs.jpg

"When you feel like there is only darkness in your future, remember my words: the ultimate light can only be found in the ultimate darkness."

Happy Holidays!!
    Good luck, everyone! :v
    PuffycheeksCatharanthusSterling_AislingBishin
  • lolatverololatvero
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    IGN: Oujo
    World: Scania
    xopC75Y.jpg?1

KcwkwC2.jpg?1

close ups~
    qelRR2E.jpg?1