[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

KANNA SOLUTION

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    wouldn't increasing spawn rate still "encourage"(encourage in quotations because obviously that isn't what nexon encourages) the use of other classes to bot on? how would removing kishin then solve the issue when the catalyst (increased spawn) is still there?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    I have a 233 Ark that I have been leveling w/o the help of a kanna or totem. I'm not even on it all the time and I'm 233! Kanna kinshin/totem are nice but not needed to level a character in the game. I also have a 243 Kanna that I boss with, so it is not just a kanna mule! No matter what happens in the future I will still play and level characters. There are things you can do to boost your exp in game: Legion can give 10% exp on the grid, Zero card in Legion gives 10% exp, Legion shop sells 2x exp cards, Mercedies link skill give 20% exp for 3rd link, Monster park gold pots give 10% exp, pendant of the spirit are given out often, and people share MVP buffs! You can gain much more exp if you play smart!!!
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I have a 233 Ark that I have been leveling w/o the help of a kanna or totem. I'm not even on it all the time and I'm 233! Kanna kinshin/totem are nice but not needed to level a character in the game. I also have a 243 Kanna that I boss with, so it is not just a kanna mule! No matter what happens in the future I will still play and level characters. There are things you can do to boost your exp in game: Legion can give 10% exp on the grid, Zero card in Legion gives 10% exp, Legion shop sells 2x exp cards, Mercedies link skill give 20% exp for 3rd link, Monster park gold pots give 10% exp, pendant of the spirit are given out often, and people share MVP buffs! You can gain much more exp if you play smart!!!

I'm level 235 at around 60%. I just earn about 10-20% per day. Over the last 3 months I've gained 12 levels in 13 weeks.
    I only play about 2 hours a day most days. I usually don't use EXP coupons, Monster Park, or really any EXP boosting things.
    I just do the Arcane River Dailies.
    I personally think too many people think the grind is horrible. That if they were to just stop complaining about it and try, they'd find it's not that bad.
    This is why I really couldn't (again, personally) care about what happens to Kanna. It just doesn't affect me.
    I just hope that other players are able to cope with whatever Nexon has in store for the class.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Seleucid wrote: »
    Sorrow wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Hackers are able to create accounts very, very quickly. This means that whenever Kanna is opened for creation, they can make a stockpile of a million accounts with just a level 1 Kanna on them, and then start running them as needed.

Even if making Kanna an event character helps with the lag caused by botters spamming kishin (the botters will still be around, but might use other classes), it won't solve the problem of the "two computer meta" (where one "must" have a Kanna on a second computer in order to train or farm effectively on their main or other characters) or the Reboot reliance on farming meso on a Kanna for most of one's playing time. Nor would it solve the problem of the Kanna class being considered only good for Kishin.
    The root cause of our server instability is how quickly cheaters can create new accounts. Kishin's impact on the servers would be slim if account creation was resolved.

If you want to prevent hackers from creating new accounts so quickly, put Kanna behind both an event and minimum level wall. That would prevent them from stockpiling Kanna accounts without taking away the class for legitimate players who have a decent amount of time invested. There's nothing inherently wrong with the class and it definitely speeds up the pace of the game.

Thank you for this suggestion i 100% agree. We should make Kanna an event only character with an added requirement of "must have one character lv.100" before you can create a Kanna or something :p
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »

Thank you for this suggestion i 100% agree. We should make Kanna an event only character with an added requirement of "must have one character lv.100" before you can create a Kanna or something :p

So Kanna would basically become like Zero. Good plan if the skill isn't changed imo.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    Why only have a level 100 character? I think they should need to have a 5th job character to create one now. Getting level 200 takes less than a day.
  • BandaBanda
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited December 2018
    If you really want to solve the hacker Problem with kishin I guess there is a simple solution all real Players could live with.

Just introduce it at a much higher Level (like at lvl 199) and give it as a reward for one of those tedious questlines nexon is famous for

A Long tedious questline like the one to get to gollux or an Extension of the princess No quests would put off most hackers and filter out the real Players who want to put in the effort.

I guess such a solution would be much more efficient than making kanna-creation only available for short time periods

A tedious Long questline is the best way to avoid exploit by botters
    Dancemon
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited December 2018
    making some quests like friendstory and heroes of maple a prerequisite for unlocking kishin would sure make a huge difference.

Some ideas for nexon to work on when revamping the kanna class next year