[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Story WIll >.

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited December 2018 in General Chat
So the question of the day is if you were to quit or die lmao who would be in your MapleStory will and what would you leave behind for them :D These things can be mesos cash shops accounts or whatever. But yea would you have a MapleStory will and who will be in it with what they will receive.

download.jpg
  1. Would you make and do a Maplestory will?12 votes
    1. Yes
       8% (1 vote)
    2. No
       92% (11 votes)

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    Don't know who would be able to access my account if I were to die. After all, account sharing is verboten/against the ToS.
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Don't know who would be able to access my account if I were to die. After all, account sharing is verboten/against the ToS.

I dont think it counts if your dead lmao. But I mean if that is the case nexon needs to fix that :D
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    It seems disrespectful (imo) to continue to play someone's account after they're dead.
    Their old friends will either constantly get alerts that they're online or have to remove them.
    There's also the chance that not everyone in the guild/friendlist will know this person has died.
    Either way, not a fun experience to be reminded that someone you cared about has moved on.

Edit: Taking their stuff is just as bad too. Why not just leave their account the way it was, out of respect?
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    It seems disrespectful (imo) to continue to play someone's account after they're dead.
    Their old friends will either constantly get alerts that they're online or have to remove them.
    There's also the chance that not everyone in the guild/friendlist will know this person has died.
    Either way, not a fun experience to be reminded that someone you cared about has moved on.

Edit: Taking their stuff is just as bad too. Why not just leave their account the way it was, out of respect?

I don't know I mean I already wrote a protocol for in case I died how to distribute my account and who will gain leadership of the guild in a session of rank. My brothers, in this case, would do it and my guild jrs had already been given it a few years ago. I mean so far so good :D but many guild masters actually had a place or done this. This is also the case of death as in quitting. I had seen many forms of this and think it is something to think about while most of us won't be mapling forever. I mean I can understand what you mean but legacy if guilds want a legacy would want the newer crowd to carry on their will. I had seen many people done it and was curious to see who else was doing it :O
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    riza wrote: »

I don't know I mean I already wrote a protocol for in case I died how to distribute my account and who will gain leadership of the guild in a session of rank. My brothers, in this case, would do it and my guild jrs had already been given it a few years ago. I mean so far so good :D but many guild masters actually had a place or done this. This is also the case of death as in quitting. I had seen many forms of this and think it is something to think about while most of us won't be mapling forever. I mean I can understand what you mean but legacy if guilds want a legacy would want the newer crowd to carry on their will. I had seen many people done it and was curious to see who else was doing it :O

So long as you're the one calling the shots before you die I see no problem with honoring a final wish.
    Though I think I'd rather focus on making sure other things are in order in the event of my death...
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    riza wrote: »

So long as you're the one calling the shots before you die I see no problem with honoring a final wish.
    Though I think I'd rather focus on making sure other things are in order in the event of my death...

Well if a person dies who either run a guild or has a player fan base they need something in line to help the fans or people. I have seen many times before where guild masters up and left. One time I had to force one of their jrs to take control of the guild before it died out. These things do happen and even me which wasnt leader at a time had to be leader again due to things. So like I think it is something great to consider as not all of us is around for good.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2018
    This won't happen to me because I cannot die.
    Fuhreak
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I mean either way if a guild leader becomes inactive for whatever reason then anyone in the guild can send in a ticket to have the leadership of the guild transferred to someone else in the guild.
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    I mean either way if a guild leader becomes inactive for whatever reason then anyone in the guild can send in a ticket to have the leadership of the guild transferred to someone else in the guild.

that too lmao and like let's keep it the real way :D
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    This won't happen to me because I cannot die.

stalp it lmao you going to die none of us are immortal but our wills are :D