[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Was gonna be the best, turned out to be the worse

iRansuiRansu
Reactions: 630
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2018 in Rants and Raves
To introduce myself, hello, I am Ransoo, a level 248 Mercedes playing in the Reboot server. I've been playing this game for more than 5 years.

If you want to read a quick recap of my story, you can view my reddit post — https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/a8k92x/was_lagging_too_hard_until/

But in this specific forum, I will try to add more specific details as to what occured.

So yesterday (December 21) approximately 6-7 PST, I was getting prepared to grind for the 24-hour long 2x EXP Event, as well as the 30-minute 2x EXP/Drop that was also simultaneously taking place. Because the 2x EXP event will occur for 24 hours, I wanted to take the chance to finally level to 250, which has been one of my biggest goals ever since I started playing in the Reboot server. A few minutes before the 30-minute 2x EXP/Drop event taking place, I noticed that I was starting to deal with minor connectivity issues such as casting skills being delayed and not being able to flash jump, but I had similar occurrences in the past, so I decided to let it slide. In preparation for the event, I asked my Buddy/Guild/Alliance chat if they could kishin me for the event. Luckily, a fellow guild member of mine generously offered so. I told him to meet me in Channel 15, Arcana: The Deepest Part of the Cavern - Lower Path so I can start grinding. Few minutes after the 30-minute 2x event taking place, my internet connection was getting progressively worse as it was very hard to cast skills and not being able to send messages through the Guild Chat. It got worse to the point that I disconnected, and the ban message appeared. I was speechless. I didn't know how to react because this was my first time getting banned. I informed my guild leader about it and she told me to submit a ticket asap, which I did. Surprisingly, I received a response from Senior GM Pitchan in a matter of time, yet only to be left confused. This GM said that "my character Ransoo was using a hack to modify Kanna class skill", which didn't make sense because 1. I'm a Mercedes, not a Kanna. And 2. I had no absolute control of the kanna; I was offered kishin by a guild member as I mentioned it earlier in the story. So I requested that my ticket be forwarded to another GM and yet again, a blatant, copy-pasted response (How the hell does not 1 GM, but 2 misspell the word, 'Deepest'?). I shared my situation on Reddit and there were other people that got banned similarly. I planned this week to be the best because this is was going to be the week I reach 250 from the 2x event, as well as the DMT event occurring Saturday (December 22), but the tables turned.... hard. I've been playing in the Reboot server for almost 3 years, surrounded by the best guild and alliance members. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be able to progress in the game at all. And I'm not going to throw that away.
CaseyCaseyHeiB0ssZaela

Comments

• CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    Reactions: 950
    edited December 2018
    #FreeRansoo so many bans in the last few days and the spelling errors in the responses and the fact you got banned for something to do with kanna when you’re a merc is insane. Not to mention you had no control over the kanna! So many people with no prior ban history yet permanently banned during dmt and soon the starforcing event... come on nexon! I was falsely banned for over 10 weeks before I got unbanned so I feel sorry to anyone going through this.. keep fighting!
    HeiB0ssZaelaDFDFD
  • TOOMUCHgainzTOOMUCHgainz
    Reactions: 110
    This is a trend that needs to stop.
    CaseyCasey
  • ShinyBallsShinyBalls
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018
    I got banned too with no reason. I summit a ticket but they dont make any solution for this problem.
  • BhintBhint
    I got the same reply you did. Missing out on DMT and 24hr 2xExp. Ridiculous.
  • SoyavistaSoyavista
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2018
    I've heard a lot of people getting unjustly banned in the last 24 hours because of this. Hopefully nexon lets this innocents free and it sucks that you are missing such big events because of it
  • WahkmaninovWahkmaninov
    Reactions: 800
    edited December 2018
    I am so sorry! I also got permanent-banned less than 24 hours ago! I was also having a period of hard lag and this was while I was doing my Arcane Symbol dailies. I submitted a ticket and got a reply that they couldn't lift the ban off my account--similar situation to yours. We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I have read other threads that there has been a pretty big wave of false perma-bans. As a legit Kanna player, the previous time when they had to address many false Kanna bans has made me so paranoid. I'm praying that this gets resolved for everyone of us.
  • BTKTBTKT
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    Same reason, suspicious map activity
    The only thing I know is that I experienced a heavy latency issue and I dc twice during my farming session before I got banned.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/a8umga/got_perm_banned_because_of_lantency_maybe/
  • PossumSoulPossumSoul
    edited December 2018
    I was banned very early Saturday morning while grinding a few legion mules during the 24 hour 2x event. I was on a 198 I/L mage at FES4 when I started to lag really badly and had to force close because of a freeze crash. Came back on and found out I was perma banned. Filed a ticket, but since it's a holiday weekend, I wasn't expecting a response, but I got out at 6:30 am est, and since Nexon's offices are on PST, I know for a fact it wasn't a real person. They claimed that because of the "nature of the ban," they couldn't lift the ban. I fought it by listing all the exp and 2x buffs I was using, but they still said their decision was final and then closed the ticket.

I just filed another ticket this morning, this time along with providing screen shots of the map I was in taken by the system when I leveled up, proving that I was not using any program to manipulate anything in anyway whatsoever. Got a reply back not 20 minutes later saying the exact same thing as before. They "investigated" and they still won't lift the ban.

I wasn't even on a Kanna. I don't even have a Kanna on my account. I don't even farm. I've heard of players getting banned just for being AFK in a certain map. If Nexon doesn't reinstate these accounts, they will lose a sever amount of revenue.
  • MoonLitDeathMoonLitDeath
    edited December 2018
    Same thing happened to me Possum. I just made a forum post as well.
  • BTKTBTKT
    edited December 2018
    Video proof:
    Ban happens at 2:52
  • MusicNinjasMusicNinjas
    edited December 2018
    YAY My video is making the rounds! (Thank you BTKT) (Also the first few minutes of the video stream are dark because I was fixing things to get it working. But ya, the same thing happened to me. Except I don't think I had any lag of any sort and from what I seen rewatching it, there wasn't a kanna in sight of the map at all.

I don't want to call black sheep, but I feel like there is a GM that is doing some foul play behind the scenes.
  • PossumSoulPossumSoul
    edited December 2018
    YAY My video is making the rounds! (Thank you BTKT) (Also the first few minutes of the video stream are dark because I was fixing things to get it working. But ya, the same thing happened to me. Except I don't think I had any lag of any sort and from what I seen rewatching it, there wasn't a kanna in sight of the map at all.

I don't want to call black sheep, but I feel like there is a GM that is doing some foul play behind the scenes.

Video is making the rounds on Reddit now. From what I've seen, hackers are still very much abound in all channels. So this wave has done very little but cost legit players like you and me their accounts.
  • BTKTBTKT
    edited December 2018

LOL would it be like NEXON staff went out for christmas and they somehow left the door open and somebody just sneaked in and played the GM part but not in a fair and friendly way? Just saying :^)
  • MaraBellaMaraBella
    Reactions: 845
    edited December 2018
    Wow, I haven't played this game in years and they still haven't fixed the stupid auto ban, lag spikes, or hackers. I'm not surprised at this point.
    HuskyDM
  • ZennykinsZennykins
    Reactions: 840
    edited December 2018
    #FreeTheLegit this is just horrid, On my main account im a Kanna main and if this were to happen to me..... oh god
    HuskyDM