[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This game sure knows how to be annoying...

HousePetHousePet
Reactions: 1,245
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Level 201, haven't got the 10 star weapon for the job advancement yet due to still using the Frozen weapon from the last burning event (and not sure if its worth pouring money onto a level 140 weapon when it won't be as good as the Frozen one).
Randomly decide to try Easy Magnus again. Magnus drops a level 90 10 star slot crossbow. So yay, cheap way to meet the requirement.
Shortly later...
"Please go defeat Magnus."
-_-

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    HousePet wrote: »
    Level 201, haven't got the 10 star weapon for the job advancement yet due to still using the Frozen weapon from the last burning event (and not sure if its worth pouring money onto a level 140 weapon when it won't be as good as the Frozen one).
    Randomly decide to try Easy Magnus again. Magnus drops a level 90 10 star slot crossbow. So yay, cheap way to meet the requirement.
    Shortly later...
    -_-

Lol, the free weapon is for only for Tera Burning characters, not non-Burning-past characters.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    It can seem annoying to someone who's new to things, but now you'll know for the future.

And hey, if you think the starforce and "10 stars on your weapon" requirements are annoying, wait until you have to fill the three arcane stones with 500m exp and then slog through the vanishing journey questline with 30 arcane force.
    FuhreakluurankoKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Shortly later...
    -_-

10 stars is easy enough to get if you've been saving some mesos since making the character. You can always transfer them to a fafnir later.
    Magnus can be fought on easy, and he's a pushover, this shouldn't be a problem either.
    Edit: Sorry, brain failed to process. At least you don't have to wait 12 hours for each arcane stone to fill.
    I'd still consider yourself lucky to be honest.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It can seem annoying to someone who's new to things, but now you'll know for the future.

And hey, if you think the starforce and "10 stars on your weapon" requirements are annoying, wait until you have to fill the three arcane stones with 500m exp and then slog through the vanishing journey questline with 30 arcane force.

This. I have three characters that still don't have their arcane symbol because I don't care enough to slog through that questline solo.
    Kuronekonova
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    Sorry for the bump...

I filled one and a third of the arcane stones pretty quickly. I estimate I could get them all filled in 3 hours if I wanted to rush it.
    So I'm guessing the Vanishing Journey questline is super painful then... :/
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Sorry for the bump...

I filled one and a third of the arcane stones pretty quickly. I estimate I could get them all filled in 3 hours if I wanted to rush it.
    So I'm guessing the Vanishing Journey questline is super painful then... :/

It should take roughly 45 minutes minimum if you are capable of killing mobs around your level, and you use the Legion shop or in-game events for additional 2x coupons, not 3 hours.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    unless hes playing reboot, might take longer, if hes blinking at 10 star weapon, he might not be one shotting, especially in reboot
    FuhreakKuronekonova
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    Equips are not up to scratch at the moment. I've been doing level 190 mobs at level 201.
    So yeah, could be done even faster with the right setup.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    A lot of people still grind at FES2 when they're 200+, so don't worry. You'll improve over time. I have only done the VJ questline once so far (on my main), but i remember it was quite difficult. Mobs needed many hits before they died. I had barely 100k clean range at lvl 200 (my min. was somewhere in the 90's), which is apparently lower than anyone else I've heard from. It's only then that i started looking into how to get stronger and slowly made progress. Boss accessory, CRA and Superior Gollux sets were my first priorities. Most of boss accessory set will be replaced eventually but they can help you make progress.
    Right now would also be a good time to start doing daily commerci runs, if you weren't already doing so.

Good luck!
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    Just got into VJ yesterday. Collected the Happy Memories. Only really doable at the moment due to all the crazy event bonus stats.

Can I use Arcane Symbol selectors if I haven't completed anything there yet? I've got a pile that will expire shortly (this is as bad as those expiring Nodestones) and I don't know how far I have to get to unlock the VJ one.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    In terms of quests that are making you go collect junk, you've got three more in the lake of oblivion area, then three or four in the extinction zone area, and then three in the cave of repose followed by what should be a fairly easy boss fight. And unfortunately, you can't use the symbol selectors yet. They can only be used for a symbol you already have, and you don't currently have anything but the beginner symbol.
    FuhreakKuronekonova
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Just got into VJ yesterday. Collected the Happy Memories. Only really doable at the moment due to all the crazy event bonus stats.

Can I use Arcane Symbol selectors if I haven't completed anything there yet? I've got a pile that will expire shortly (this is as bad as those expiring Nodestones) and I don't know how far I have to get to unlock the VJ one.

If possible, try and find someone who can help you. Their kills contribute to the etc drops you need for each section, and obviously they are able to kill much faster. Especially once you get to Cave of Repose, it becomes reallllly difficult to attack/survive.
    FuhreakKuronekonova
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    Thanks. I'll see if I can push through it in time then.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    OH MY GOD!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WITH THE CAVE OF REPOSE BIT???

If this is any indication of how the rest of the Arcane River is going to be, I'm out.
    I burnt through a small pile of Xmas buffs and about 200+ HP pots to get to the Cave of Repose.
    Will see if I can find someone to help me, or maybe use a Wilderness Hunter's Buff, or just not bother and let the 10 free Symbols expire, along with my interest in this game...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    If it helps, cave of repose is the only place where killing one mob spawns a second.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    OH MY GOD!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WITH THE CAVE OF REPOSE BIT???

If this is any indication of how the rest of the Arcane River is going to be, I'm out.
    I burnt through a small pile of Xmas buffs and about 200+ HP pots to get to the Cave of Repose.
    Will see if I can find someone to help me, or maybe use a Wilderness Hunter's Buff, or just not bother and let the 10 free Symbols expire, along with my interest in this game...

Welcome to the clash of "solo meta" vs "designed for party play"
    Either you get carried, find a party who actually parties, or just grin and bear it.
    Kuronekonova
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    Just tough it out, if youre in reboot. You should find a guild and ask for help. normal servers have leeway with toughing it out
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    I just realised I could have been using the Goddess's Blessing skill to remove the Arcane Power penalty...
    I am sleep deprived.
    That might make it fairly doable.
    Does Arcane Power just affect the damage I do, or also the damage I take? I've failed to find clear info about this.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I just realised I could have been using the Goddess's Blessing skill to remove the Arcane Power penalty...
    I am sleep deprived.
    Does Arcane Power just affect the damage I do, or also the damage I take? I've failed to find clear info about this.

Arcane Force affects both the damage you deal and receive, to a small extent. At high levels of Arcane Force, monsters will deal less damage (as far as I've seen).
    FuhreakKuronekonova
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    watch a tutorial and ask some vets for some advice is what I always say no one here will help you better then those who are in the fields lmao. I always ask vets and always watch videos of the experience to speed through things.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    I am sleep deprived.

Arcane Force affects both the damage you deal and receive, to a small extent. At high levels of Arcane Force, monsters will deal less damage (as far as I've seen).

Whatever the AF force value is for that map, take half of it, add it to the requirement, and that's the amount needed for a) 1.5x damage against the monsters and b) only take 1 damage from mobs (eg: AF is 80. 80/2 = 40, 80+40=120, so 120 AF will give you full damage boost + 1 damage from mobs).
    Fuhreak