[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Genesis Weapons impossible to get, please fix.

CJSmasherCJSmasher
Reactions: 220
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't want to whip a horse, but after seeing a video about how to get the Genesis weapons, I think Nexon needs to step back and go on hiatus because they are CLEARLY overthinking their global base. Let me break it down to these guys what's wrong and why only one person in the entire community will ever get a fully liberated Genesis weapon:

1: To even get the box with your weapon, you have to beat the hardest fight in the entire game - Black Mage on HARD Mode. I saw in the video someone pulled up a video of someone using a bug to skip the entire fight by letting him get killed to skip the phases. I know the HP is shared amongst every character in the game, but only a handful are going to win legit and Nexon will eventually find out this bug and patch it so getting killed boots you. You need to have all of your nodes maxed out with the best bossing abilities to stand a chance in hell of winning this fight, which is harder than even Verus Hilla.

2: If that wasn't bad enough, once you cleanse your Genesis weapon with the Clean Slate Scroll given to you, you have to defeat all seven of the Black Mage's commanders on Hard Mode. Nobody has been Hard Mode Will yet. Worse, you are expected to beat them with no equipment on except the Genesis weapon(and a secondary if you have one for your class) and when you take the mission, your Final Attack damage is nerfed to almost nothing! The only players who might stand a chance are those who pump their characters full of virtual steriods by the cash shop, which means F2P players are sadly out of luck and will never switch from their Arcane Weapon.

Yes, you MUST DEFEAT VERUS HILLD ON HARD MODE WHILE BUTT NAKED AND ONLY HOLDING THE GENESIS WEAPON, WHICH IS MUCH WEAKER THAN A FAFNIR WEAPON. WHAT THE HELL, NEXON!?!?

Because of this, MapleStory is ruined and will be reduced to a glorified chat room. What's the point of starting up a new link mule at all if your main is just never gonna stand a chance at completing the ultimate battle on Normal Mode and will never get his ultimate weapon? Nexon, you dun goofed. You need to nerf some of this. I am not saying just give them the weapon, but allow the player to go into these Black Commander missions with full equipment or maybe a party. (Yes, you have to do these missions solo. It's impossible to solo Hard Mode Verus Hilla on F2P. :( )

I am just giving out my gripes to Nexon. If they read this, please consider the following:

* You've put out the fight with the Black Mage. This is the last battle in your story. You'd better figure out how to make it so that the story deals with the aftermath or players are going to get bored, thinking that there's nothing left to do once the Black Mage is dead.
* Nerf all of these missions to liberate the Genesis Weapon. I am not saying drop them, I know that the idea is to purify a cursed weapon by defeating tough enemies. In Final Fantasy VI you had to do this with a cursed shield(fight 100 battles with it equipped to make it the Paladin Shield). But for the love of all holiness, realize how limited half your player base is in damage range and how tough some of the later superbosses are and give the F2P and Reboot players a loophole to exploit so they can win these battles.
* I love the determination event quests, maybe show the characters in the cities change or something.

Comments

• FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited January 2019
    Not everyone is supposed to have a genesis weapon. I'm glad they are putting "challenging" things in the game that not everyone will have. I just hope they don't put them in marvel machine lmao
    YinYangXMorningAfterSeven
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited January 2019
    it's not worth getting on a demon avenger either.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Just because something exists doesn't mean everyone is entitled to get it, like the incredibly low drop rate on Dark Boss set items. Genesis weapons aren't like the new viable endgame weapon, they're a bonus like the dark boss set. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, we only know the restrictions for the first one or two fights (just Von Leon, and I think someone managed Arkarium), and they're not the same across all the bosses. No one has done the other bosses, so we don't know how those are restricted, the only thing we know is that there are 3 different debuffs: Up to -90% Final Damage + Equip Restrictions, -20% Final Damage, and only being able to use a certain type of potion. It's a bit too early to complain about how impossible it might be when we don't even know yet.
    YinYangXMorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Oh no, something is finally difficult to obtain. Game over man, GAME OVER.
    YinYangX
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    While I do agree its hard as hekk, the weapon supposedly upgrades as you progress through the quest? Not entirely sure as we don't get them for a bit.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited January 2019
    You guys are wrong about Genesis Weapon. It is actually the BiS and with this, it makes RA helm BiS again. The weapon is a Lucky Item equip which can go in any set if you have 3 pcs minimum. Go get RA hat/top/bottom, then get Arcane Umbra shoulder/cape/gloves/boots so you get 30% boss from BOTH sets. Once you are done with quests, the upgrades, besides cubing, are all pre-made. Already 15% traced, already 22* and can be flamable.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    thrakkes wrote: »
    You guys are wrong about Genesis Weapon. It is actually the BiS and with this, it makes RA helm BiS again. The weapon is a Lucky Item equip which can go in any set if you have 3 pcs minimum. Go get RA hat/top/bottom, then get Arcane Umbra shoulder/cape/gloves/boots so you get 30% boss from BOTH sets. Once you are done with quests, the upgrades, besides cubing, are all pre-made. Already 15% traced, already 22* and can be flamable.

So what is everyone wrong about? No one really said it's not BiS unless it's stuck in base form, which is what the op is complaining about, not that it's not bis, that it's difficult to make it bis. Don't really get what you're trying to point out that everyone doesn't already know, minus maybe you didn't.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    thrakkes wrote: »

So what is everyone wrong about? No one really said it's not BiS unless it's stuck in base form, which is what the op is complaining about, not that it's not bis, that it's difficult to make it bis. Don't really get what you're trying to point out that everyone doesn't already know, minus maybe you didn't.

Par for the course for him, really. Meandering without any real goal in mind. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that OP appears incensed at having to kill the hard version of pretty much every boss between lotus and the black mage himself to unlock the weapon or whatever.
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited January 2019
    and Genesis weps are so damn OP that it's great that those are hard to get. that way you need to have plenty of skill to get them instead of just getting carried
    MorningAfterSeven
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Latemaster wrote: »
    and Genesis weps are so damn OP that it's great that those are hard to get. that way you need to have plenty of skill to get them instead of just getting carried

Wouldn't really call having op gear using nx cubes as "have plenty of skill" unless you're saying like skill irl to earn money. (joking)
    Though I do agree on the fact you shouldn't be able to be carried through to it.
  • EpigenesisEpigenesis
    Reactions: 575
    edited January 2019
    Dude you are really jumping the gun here.

You can't judge the requirements when you don't even know them. We've only seen the requirements for Von Leon and Arkarium, and the 90% final damage reduction for Von Leon scaled up to a 75% reduction for Arkarium. It's pretty likely that they're just imposing stricter requirements on the easier bosses to make the quests more of a challenge, and the requirements should gradually lighten up as we get to the harder bosses (e.g. they'll probably lift the solo requirement for bosses that can't be cleared solo yet).

The standardized Black Mage boss and the Genesis Weapon content hasn't even reached GMS in the first place.
  • CJSmasherCJSmasher
    edited January 2019
    I just got an alert saying the way to the Black Mage is open, go to the Giant's Heart. I just reached Level 200 on my first character, my Reboot Cannoneer mule, and was clearing out Chief Qualm Guardians so I could do the job advancement when I got that alert. What gives?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    CJSmasher wrote: »
    I just got an alert saying the way to the Black Mage is open, go to the Giant's Heart. I just reached Level 200 on my first character, my Reboot Cannoneer mule, and was clearing out Chief Qualm Guardians so I could do the job advancement when I got that alert. What gives?

I'm unsure why this would relate to your question about Genesis weapons, but the most likely reason is because your character is participating in the Outpost event. All level 200+ characters who have completed 5th job can participate in the Tenebris Expedition, and can earn Determination through two special quests:
    1. Dealing a certain amount of damage to the Black Mage
    2. Surviving at least 10 minutes in the fight
    Both quests give 5000 Determination and can be completed 3 times a day.

But the Black Mage battle is only open for 15 minutes at a time, every two hours on the half-hour mark (I.E. 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, etc).
    HP is shared throughout all worlds, and we're currently on phase 2:

Since you haven't completed 5th job, it's likely the notification just pops up for all characters participating in the event, probably because it would let people log off and log into their mains to complete the quest.
  • CJSmasherCJSmasher
    edited January 2019
    Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. Yes, I did complete the pre-quest to unlock the Outpost for everyone on Reboot on my Cannoneer. I don't have any 5th job characters, this is my first time doing the 5th job advancement. Those crystals won't fill themselves! XD Thanks for the heads up. And I guess I jumped the gun on the Genesis Weapons as we don't have Verus Hilla yet.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited January 2019
    It's just an event battle, we are gonna get quest after defeating the actual Black Mage o.0
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    CJSmasher wrote: »
    I don't want to whip a horse, but after seeing a video about how to get the Genesis weapons, I think Nexon needs to step back and go on hiatus because they are CLEARLY overthinking their global base. Let me break it down to these guys what's wrong and why only one person in the entire community will ever get a fully liberated Genesis weapon:

1: To even get the box with your weapon, you have to beat the hardest fight in the entire game - Black Mage on HARD Mode. I saw in the video someone pulled up a video of someone using a bug to skip the entire fight by letting him get killed to skip the phases. I know the HP is shared amongst every character in the game, but only a handful are going to win legit and Nexon will eventually find out this bug and patch it so getting killed boots you. You need to have all of your nodes maxed out with the best bossing abilities to stand a chance in hell of winning this fight, which is harder than even Verus Hilla.

2: If that wasn't bad enough, once you cleanse your Genesis weapon with the Clean Slate Scroll given to you, you have to defeat all seven of the Black Mage's commanders on Hard Mode. Nobody has been Hard Mode Will yet. Worse, you are expected to beat them with no equipment on except the Genesis weapon(and a secondary if you have one for your class) and when you take the mission, your Final Attack damage is nerfed to almost nothing! The only players who might stand a chance are those who pump their characters full of virtual steriods by the cash shop, which means F2P players are sadly out of luck and will never switch from their Arcane Weapon.

Yes, you MUST DEFEAT VERUS HILLD ON HARD MODE WHILE BUTT NAKED AND ONLY HOLDING THE GENESIS WEAPON, WHICH IS MUCH WEAKER THAN A FAFNIR WEAPON. WHAT THE HELL, NEXON!?!?

Because of this, MapleStory is ruined and will be reduced to a glorified chat room. What's the point of starting up a new link mule at all if your main is just never gonna stand a chance at completing the ultimate battle on Normal Mode and will never get his ultimate weapon? Nexon, you dun goofed. You need to nerf some of this. I am not saying just give them the weapon, but allow the player to go into these Black Commander missions with full equipment or maybe a party. (Yes, you have to do these missions solo. It's impossible to solo Hard Mode Verus Hilla on F2P. :( )

I am just giving out my gripes to Nexon. If they read this, please consider the following:

* You've put out the fight with the Black Mage. This is the last battle in your story. You'd better figure out how to make it so that the story deals with the aftermath or players are going to get bored, thinking that there's nothing left to do once the Black Mage is dead.
    * Nerf all of these missions to liberate the Genesis Weapon. I am not saying drop them, I know that the idea is to purify a cursed weapon by defeating tough enemies. In Final Fantasy VI you had to do this with a cursed shield(fight 100 battles with it equipped to make it the Paladin Shield). But for the love of all holiness, realize how limited half your player base is in damage range and how tough some of the later superbosses are and give the F2P and Reboot players a loophole to exploit so they can win these battles.
    * I love the determination event quests, maybe show the characters in the cities change or something.

.....So bluntly your saying it is unfair cause the genisys weapon is unobtainable by you and maybe not by others and that feels unfair to you.

OH BOY, you want to talk about unfair? Here is a nice big list you need to read about what other people have that you don't have and can never get that will give those that have them a leg up over u permanently forever and you can't catch up to it, here is the list that i am aware of to date of unfair stuff...

-2012 1st release of demon permanent pets, have a 3 pet set bonus for +15 wa/ma. After the release of these pets all pets there after with set bonus's are only 90 day pets. these pets original pet items only have 7 slots but you can just buy the pet items over again when they rerelease the demon pets which they do yearly and pick up the 10 slot updated version which do work with the original 2012 demon pets =)
    -honor Inner ability 1st release with azwan/hilla allowed people to roll not 1 but 2 lines of legendary inner potential, currently you can only get 1 legendary line.
    -Lab server legion blocks there was 1 single person to score 2X5 block pieces while most others got 1X5 block 1X4 block pieces, not to mention all people that missed the event don't even get the blocks.
    -2018 removal of singapore(ghost ship excorcist) and sengoku badge most likely, all new players will never have a pottable badge.
    -all anime cross overs in the past had massively over powered medals attack on titan 18 wa 10% hp, black swords man, life in another world medal, and so on...
    -Wilderness hunter buff +100 wa/ma +10,000 hp/mp 30 minute buffs earnable one time per day from mr. lee's airline event. There are those who did the quest daily and stock piled the consumable buffs b4 the closure of mr. lee's island.

These are all the main disparities, I am aware of and I am sure there are more, feel free to add to my list lol.