[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Holy crap!! Stop turning in the determination ffs

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited January 2019 in Rants and Raves
Jesus Christ. It's only taking 1-2 days for gem on determination gauge to get filled!! Stop turning in so much determination for crying out loud. I'm not ready to say good bye to alliance skills/ coin shop!! Just turn in the determination during 30% sale day or something.

Comments

• ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    I'm not ready to say good bye to alliance skills/ coin shops!! Plz, save your determinations until 30% sales day or something. It's only taking 1-2 days for a gem to get filled up for crying out loud!!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    I want coins? I think all of us want coins?
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Well I know that , but why not wait until 30% coin shop sales man?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Well I know that , but why not wait until 30% coin shop sales man?

We wanna buy the Arcane Symbols which restock frequently?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Also need a buttload of coins to even rank up in the first place.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Also need a buttload of coins to even rank up in the first place.

2000 coins........141
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2019
    I'm fairly certain that the gauge is auto-filled because of 2 things.

1. They don't want you to save up so much determination and break the event

2. If this was really based on how many players are turning in determination, we wouldn't even be close because our population is far lower than KMS and we're seemingly completing it at the same rate as them.
    StarryKnight
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited January 2019
    I believe AznboiE is correct. I expect the bars are basically timers, and have nothing to do with actual determination turned in. Determination you turn in counts towards your own determination pool of alliance coins, but has no effect on the bar at the top of the screen. The event is designed to run for a very specific amount of time, and the bars are what inform us of the progress of the event. The rate of growth seems far too precise to be based on the random rate of players turning in of determination. In fact, the bar has completed at at nearly the same server time on multiple occasions (I haven't tracked all of them).

I expect the same will likely be true for the health pool of the black mage as well, which will decrease at a pre-determined rate in order for the event to end on schedule. The final phase will probably be based on players, but not the shared health pool between worlds.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    I believe AznboiE is correct. I expect the bars are basically timers, and have nothing to do with actual determination turned in. Determination you turn in counts towards your own determination pool of alliance coins, but has no effect on the bar at the top of the screen. The event is designed to run for a very specific amount of time, and the bars are what inform us of the progress of the event. The rate of growth seems far too precise to be based on the random rate of players turning in of determination. In fact, the bar has completed at at nearly the same server time on multiple occasions (I haven't tracked all of them).

I expect the same will likely be true for the health pool of the black mage as well, which will decrease at a pre-determined rate in order for the event to end on schedule. The final phase will probably be based on players, but not the shared health pool between worlds.

That's probably how this has worked from the beginning. Considering had it not worked like that, people could've just stockpiled determination from the first phase of moonbridge, never turned it in, and the whole thing would still be way the hell back there progress-wise.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2019
    My theory on how the bar works, is that the moment you earn determination (not when you turn them in) it is sent to the total count. The reason for this theory is that there is no reason to disable maple achievement unless they are using it as a tool to record the determination earned every 5 seconds (achievements are updated every 5 seconds, if the total count is only updated when ppl turn it in, then it wouldn't cause such a big server usage that requires some maple achievement to be turn off), also the bar would have made a massive jump during the 30% discount day due to mass amount of people turning in determination.