[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Star force honestly needs changes

Comments

• ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited January 2019
    And then there are people like me who spent 4.5b and got 3 items to 15 stars. You can keep talking about your experiences, it's a common problem after all, but that's anecdotal as far as the scope of the entire population goes. RNG is RNG. It's random. Considering how much starring used to cost in comparison, it's a small price to pay.

uh huh uh huh~ yeah sure sure. Anecdotal of course of course. 10-15 star region success chance increase patch is coming in, so I guess nexon is just making patches based on bad luck anecdotal experiences of couple players rather than overall population who are getting lucky all the time lol XD. Clearly this wasn't a legit problem that needed fixing, and was simply my "bad luck experience." mmmm hmmmmm
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited January 2019
    And some people might also say leveling is easy enough as it is, yet Nexon still lowered the requirements to level from 200-220. You put such little stock in the numbers given to you (like your utter shock at an item booming at 0.7% chance) yet you believe that an increase will in any way mitigate your own feelings of frustration should you continue to fail anyway. I'm not protesting the changes but your knee-jerk reaction to things doesn't indicate rational thought.

You act like anyone who points out that star-forcing isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be is somehow against you.
  • HoneyComeBearHoneyComeBear
    Reactions: 205
    edited January 2019
    You first said 1.3% in your original post and now say its 0.7%. Well, it did boom didn't it? I'm just saying if it's a valuable item and you're being careless with it why complain when you had guarantee safety option? I also boomed several items at 0.7% and learned my lesson. Where's the source to the so called star force increase patch? You can deny your bad luck all you want, I'll just head back to the game with my easy 15+ stars equips :)

• ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    You first said 1.3% in your original post and now say its 0.7%. Well, it did boom didn't it? I'm just saying if it's a valuable item and you're being careless with it why complain when you had guarantee safety option? I also boomed several items at 0.7% and learned my lesson. Where's the source to the so called star force increase patch? You can deny your bad luck all you want, I'll just head back to the game with my easy 15+ stars equips :)

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 0.7% chance vs 1.3% chance. Wow that's like 0.6% difference!!!! That is sooooooo muuuch difference~~~
    The source is KMS official maplestory page ofc lol. What I don't understand is why you think I'm denying my "bad luck." Of course I had bad luck. What on earth does that have anything to do with the fact that success rate of 10-15 star region is unreasonably difficult as hell? I'm actually addressing legit problem that even Nexon decided to fix, and yet here you are, dodging the issue and shadow boxing with yourself like a pathetic little kid XD.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    And some people might also say leveling is easy enough as it is, yet Nexon still lowered the requirements to level from 200-220. You put such little stock in the numbers given to you (like your utter shock at an item booming at 0.7% chance) yet you believe that an increase will in any way mitigate your own feelings of frustration should you continue to fail anyway. I'm not protesting the changes but your knee-jerk reaction to things doesn't indicate rational thought.

You act like anyone who points out that star-forcing isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be is somehow against you.

LIterally no one thought leveling up starting from 200 was ez. NO ONE. Especially in KMS where they don't even have firestarter, kishin, or frenzy. The only people who thought leveling up from 200 was ez were people with money to spend on 2x exp cash coupon, firestarter, frenzy, and 2x exp coupons stocked up. EVEN THEN I'm pretty sure only a handful among these people thought leveling from 200 was ez. You're under a delusion that good amount of people thought that leveling from 200 was ez, when the fact was (# of people who thought lvling was hard) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (# of people who thought lvling was ez). Just like the issue with starforce 10-15 region , you think there are good amount of people that it's just the right difficulty. The fact is that huge majority of the players think 10-15 star force chances are complete bs and is wayyy too unreasonably difficult, which is why they passed this recent patch.

Just like other dudes from above thread, you seem to not understand my point here. I KNOW it's RNG game you dimwit. I'm not talking about my feelings of frustration when I fail star forcing. I'm talking about my (and majority of player base) frustration over unreasonable difficulty of 10-15 star region. Can you just get this one line into your thick skull? UNREASONABLE DIFFICULTY OF 10-15 STAR REGION~~~~. Knee-jerk reaction? Kid plz. It's from years of game play and experience with star force and from experiences of guild mates who also have years of game experience. You're entire response to this thread doesn't indicate existence of brain in your head.

Also if you can't connect the dot, let me connect it for you
    Increase in success chance-->Less likely to fail--->More success than before ---> Less frustration.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    The idea is great; however, the way you talk to people here is rude and condescending.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    Sorrow wrote: »
    The idea is great; however, the way you talk to people here is rude and condescending.

"Star Force works as intended, there is nothing wrong with it and the rates are not rigged. You just had bad luck."

Without adding any substance and not even understanding the point i'm making, you simply say that star force is working fine, nothing is wrong with it and pass everything off as just my "bad luck." So who's being condescending here? If you don't want people to be rude and condescending, don't be rude and condescending to them in the first place.
    darkemajik
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited January 2019
    Sorrow wrote: »

Very surprised that you have balls to call me "rude and condescending" when you're the one who treated me like some kid whining and wanting good free stuff with no work requirement in the first place. gtfo kid
    darkemajik
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    This thread is out of hand. It started out as a complaint about the game and ended up as a fight.

Close reason: thread derailment
This discussion has been closed.