With the damgae cap still stays at 10b cap, create a huge unbalance damage bug between classes, eventhough new skills keep increasing.
Brief bug summary:
The game is currently in a very inbalance state at the moment. This is due to inability of Developer to compherent the overall situation in GMS with the recently too fast update of 5th job skills, flames update and 25 star force update. Though, this is unintended bug that create inbalance in game.
This bug mostlikely is not intended. But happened due to several situation which breaking several classes that resulted more and more end game players quitting the game. Now, it is reaching the breaking point of losing a lot of players. And this will be getting worse if no actions taken. This is the combination of situations that creates the game breaking bug :
1. Damage cap 10 billion perline
2. A lot of new 5th job skills boosting damage but doesn't have increase on skill lines per hit on some classes
3. Some GMS special content such as Supperior Gollux equips
4. latest new Hard lucid, hard will update
5. A lot of new party damage buff from several classes such as kanna and bishop can raise damage several times.
6. Several classes has gotten skills with Low damage but lots of hits or lines
7. flames and 25 star force update
8. Consumable items that can boost damage
9. Link skills and Legions from special classes in GMS Kanna and Beast Tamer
10. Lab Server Legions
As an example, i will use hayato, Nightlord and Night Walker class as comparison.
Above is a link to Hayato Battle analysis. This hayato only use averagely 18 Stars Absolab level 160 equips. Not even using a complete set of level 200 equips with 22 stars which is currently available through hard lucid and hard will boss. Averagely, Hayato in 40 seconds, with his main attack skill can only hit around 400-500 times. But their damage is huge, if you see the link above, this hayato hit reaching 10 billions damage cap on his main damage even with only level 160 equips 18 stars. Due to the damage cap, hayato Max damage over 40 seconds is only 10Billions x 500 = 5 Trillions. Whilst some bosses such as hard Lucid phase 3, has over 40 Trillion HP and we have only around 40 seconds to kill it.. Even if 6 hayato combine their damage together, they will only able to deal 5Trillion x 6 = 30 Trillions. It is because their damage is capped at 5 Trillions Over 40 seconds. If there are no damage cap, The Hayato can hits even 4x more which is 20Trillions if they have end game equips.
As to compare to NightLord. NightLord itself has gotten a skill spreadthrow which will makes Nightlord class able to deal 4500 hits over 40 seconds. I knew this from the Battle analysis of NL i met You can check it out with players that you know of. The NL hits 5 billions per lines which resulted 5Bllions x 4500 =22.5Trillions. The comparison between Hayato and NL is as low as 4x damage ( or 400% damage difference) due to damage cap resulting on certain class stuck on mid game and quitting the game. Even if you try to wider the calculation lets say to 10 mins, the result will still be the same, Hayato still stuck at 5 Trillions every 40 seconds due to their actual damage getting capped at 10 bilions. It is because hayato skill does a huge number of % resulting they can easily hit the damage cap.
As to comparison to NightWalker class, Nightwalker can deal around 3000 hits every 40 seconds. I saw a Nightwalker Battle analysis that can deal around 5 billions per line. Resulted hitting 5Billions x 3000 = 15 Trillions over 40 seconds. It is also still 300% more compare to hayato. same as above statement, even if you are trying to strecth the time, the difference is still huge.
This inbalance bug might appear on certain classes that deals a huge damage with low of hits. 1 of the class that i know is Hayato. Some of the people i know is already on the brink of quitting the game coz they think the cap resulting on them 3x more weaker than other classes even on midgame. if they max maximised their equips, they will be even weaker compare to other classes with similar equips. if it is, lets say only around 25%-30% difference, they might not get a huge hit and quit. But the difference by 300% resulted them quitting soon. The new 5th job skill didn't help at all. and hayato simply is not a buff or suppport class. this give them a huge blow after they spend times to improve their class.
My suggestion :
1. Raise damage cap to around 20 billions or 30 billions. best is 30 billions because soon, we will have a lot of new equips coming to GMS. I have seen them at KMS update. So you don't need to raise it again in the near future.
2. Look over some classes that deals huge damage with low hits such as hayato. Change over the skills especially 5th job skills so they can at least comparable to other classes.
you can rework the skill to deal half damage but double hits.
3. Create equip/certain skill that accesible to all players which will multiply their hits or lines while reducing their damage. Example, 3x hits but damage cut by 50%.
4. Cut all of classes skill damage % by half and reduce bosses HP by half too. with the damage cap stays at 10B, but lower damgae%, the effect will still be the same as increasing the damage cap.
5. Keep your words and promise. as a lot of players knew that Maplestory have announced few years back that damage cap in a MMORPG is not good system in a game. As for me, i kept the statement it as a promise that there will be no more damage cap or at least when player reach damage cap, GM will as soon as possible raise it. And now, I suggest Maplestory to keep their promise. And this damage cap itself create a devastating result to several classes becomes super weak at end game ( super weak which means 300-400% weaker). This is devastating.
As this is is not to bring benefit to me, but to bring benefit for Maplestory itslef and its community and players. So you don't lose customers because of your failure to asses the overal game situation because of the unintended bug
Eventhough i know, it is not 100% your fault, coz past few months, the game has been running at the fastest pace i ever seen in the whole Maplestory history. New maps, New bosses, New 5th job skills, new equips, new 25 star force, New flame system, New classes and lots of other crazy stuff that i abrely can keep up. But it still your responsibility. And i hope maplestory is the kind ot keep their promises. Not to let down their player. And at the end, you find solutions to this matter as soon as possible. Because several classes now hitting cap damage even with just mid game equips. You can also check Marksmen. They also hit damage cap mid game.
As the more this unintended bug going, the more it will break the game as new update coming around.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create all classes inclduing Hayato, Nightwalker, NightLord, and Marksmen. All 43 classes if possible.
2. Use dummy from mulung dojo. or summon a non-moving monster/target that can't die. Dummy actually is not really good way because several 5th job skills such as Nightwalker 5th job skill doesn't work at town where you can only spawn Dummy there. Thus, I reccomend Summon 1 non-moving unkillable monster at a monster map without other monsters.
3. Equip all the classes with best equips, 22 stars arcane equips set+ 22 stars supperior gollux equips set, + 22 stars rings + all other best equip in slot
4. Create support classes such as Kanna and Bishop with max nodes on their new 5th job support skills that can boost damage. use it to buff the classes
5. Get several potion buffs and apples to use on the classes.
6. Provide best set up including best link skills from KMS classes and GMS exclusive classes
7. Do battle analysis on all those classes and buffs. The time is up to you. 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 360 seconds, or any timing.
8. With 10 billions damage cap, with best equip, other classes buff, and consumable buff, you will see a possiblity devastating result that some classes can deal probably 1000% damage more compare to other classes eventhough they are both similar DPS/damage class.
Date and time of the incident:
Since the last 5th job update, this is massively spreading. More and more players hitting damage cap creating a huge dissapointment among players due their class getting too much disadvantages. after spending hundred hours of playing and the intimacy they have with their main class, some players unwilling to start fresh with other classes and do another hours of game play. They simply quit playing due to dissapointment.