[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Greetings from CM Ghiblee

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited January 2019 in General Chat
First introductions are always awkward but here I go!
Hello, I'm Ghiblee and I am your new Community Manager for MapleStory :)

To share a bit about myself, I enjoy watching anime, reading manga, and playing games.
(Any recommendations are welcomed.)
Also for anyone who is curious, yes, my name comes from Studio Ghibli.

Leaving that aside, Nexon games, like Crazy Arcade and Kartrider, make up my childhood and I've been an avid gamer since. For MapleStory, I played it for a short time from 2010 to 2011. Afterward, I started MapleStory M when it was launched and now returned to MapleStory once again. It was a long journey back but I am glad to be here now. I currently play in Scania and Bera so feel free to say hi!

Being completely honest, I am still in the learning process!
However, even though I'm pretty “new” to MapleStory, I have no doubts that I will grow attached to it and its community once again.

It will take some time, but I will work towards being a supporting voice of the community and Nexon as we increase transparency.
Therefore, I do ask you to be patient with me. (If not, that's okay too.)

Oh! I will be live streaming with Aru on Twitch this Thursday, January 10th, at 2pm PST.
It would be great if you can join us!

I look forward to interacting with the entire MapleStory community across every channel.
Until then, happy Mapling :)
Thank you!
LyedenOkhuraSavageAceThatBaldyZennykinsKitepyroForeverAsleepThe Blue CorsairNeospectorGlirotusand 10 others.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    SAO is worst anime don't @ me
    Fuhreak
  • ZelpexRebootZelpexReboot
    Reactions: 570
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Ghiblee!

It's nice to see you joining the team!

Hope to see those gollux shop changes soon :)
    Ghiblee
  • ZennykinsZennykins
    Reactions: 840
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to the Team CM Ghiblee!

Its always exciting to see a new face join the family and i can't wait for the stream tomorrow (it will be tough since im from The Netherlands) but ill try!

i have some questions for you:
    What Class do you main?
    What level are you?
    Pre BB Maple or Post BB Maple or Even Both?
    What other (Online games) do you enjoy besides Maplestory and the ones mentioned in your post?
    Do you own a Real life Pet (If so, picture pls <3 )
    If you could change 1 thing in maple what would it be and why?
    Can i get a hug? <3
    Ghiblee
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited January 2019
    Why does nexon change CM so frequently

Been two years!
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to the team Ghiblee!

when do we start the initiation process
    Ghiblee
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to Nexon team Ghiblee!!

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23241/ban-more-hackers-revamp-meso-bags-from-cashshop?new=1

Is there possibility Nexon considers some of the solutions to limit botters farming that much mesos from looting per account for REGULAR server? By looking at every replies made on the link I sent above. Althought, most players dislike the idea of Nexon selling mesos lol, but i have a very few buddies, who are use to buy these are pleased of this idea. But there are other solutions.

I am willing to rid of these botters that much, so I want contribute finding simple solutions to considerably reduce amount of them :) Even if some players think I want hurt them and economy, it's not what I want to do. I also never buy mesos from them.
    Sam016
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Best of luck to you.
    Ghibleedarik
  • KitepyroKitepyro
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Ghiblee!

I am always interested in new mods and CM. They always provide something new to the table.

I have a couple questions for you:
    What Anime did you like from 2018?
    What is you one of all time favorite Anime that you watched?
    What class in Maple do you like in terms of design?
    Also, may I have a hug too?
    Ghiblee
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to the team, Ghiblee!
    The Blue CorsairGhibleedarik
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited January 2019
    Welcome as our New CM

I hope you can help out with the hacker situation as it's been dreadful and we've not been getting much help
    Ghiblee
  • ThomMedalCollectorThomMedalCollector
    Reactions: 910
    edited January 2019
    Welcome our new Community Manager Ghiblee! Hope you enjoy your time with us :)
    Ghiblee
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Ghiblee, new CM's are always nice to see. I look forward to seeing you in action, hopefully we'll see you in the discord as well.

Going by your disc. avatar, I'm assuming your favorite Ghibli film is Spirited Away, do you have any other favorites?
    Ghiblee
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to the Community Ghiblee. Hope you are prepared for how crazy we are, massive discord pings, and more! (One day Ill get up the courage to apply for the CM position...)
    Ghiblee
  • ForeverAsleepForeverAsleep
    Reactions: 1,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Welcome CM Ghiblee!

I hope that as our new CM for Global MS1, you quickly become acquainted with the distinctions that separate us from the other MS1 servers. Whether it's the difference in communities, server specific systems, or non-KMS classes, it goes without saying that the learning curve is incredibly steep.

Personally, I especially want for you to take the time to familiarize yourself with the class Kanna, seeing as so many of the issues GMS1 faces revolve around it.
    Some include:
    - The need for many players to have a second computer with a Kanna class "mule" to get through content in an efficient manner.
    - The presence of many botters using the class in both regular servers and Reboot.
    - An upcoming class revamp for which Nexon has yet to release any details, leaving many players in anticipation.
    - The class's unintended ability to be able to farm monsters by holding down a single key through the use of "random" teleport farming via international language keyboards (Alt Gr) or Sticky Keys.

The last one isn't touched much upon, but I really hope that something is done about it. There are far too many players keyweighting or macro-ing with the use of "random" teleport farming, and it's incredibly discouraging to legitimate players. It'd be good if some sort of restriction was placed on the teleport skill Ether Pulse.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck as our new CM and hope you have a great time! Happy 2019~
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Oh another cm hi. Will it stop the negative changes in the game? no
    Will it fix all the crashing and unoptimization? no
    Will it stop removal of content?
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Ghiblee! Glad to have you as our new community manager.
    Here's some poetry.

Gentle whispers as the Orange Mushrooms rest their heads,
    A new community manager approaches, watching this thread,
    They are welcomed with glee, new opportunities to spearhead,
    may their positive impact across the Maple World be widespread.

Ghiblee, you're here; with Arwoo by your side,
    an awesome team emerges, an ace once savage now filled with pride,
    I hope you enjoy our community and will be our guide,
    until we meet again, this Corsair will be dockside.
    Ghiblee
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »

To share a bit about myself, I enjoy watching anime, reading manga, and playing games.
    Also for anyone who is curious, yes, my name comes from Studio Ghibli.

Leaving that aside, Nexon games, like Crazy Arcade and Kartrider, make up my childhood and I've been an avid gamer since. For MapleStory, I played it for a short time from 2010 to 2011. Afterward, I started MapleStory M when it was launched and now returned to MapleStory once again. It was a long journey back but I am glad to be here now. I currently play in Scania and Bera so feel free to say hi!

Being completely honest, I am still in the learning process!
    However, even though I'm pretty “new” to MapleStory, I have no doubts that I will grow attached to it and its community once again.

It will take some time, but I will work towards being a supporting voice of the community and Nexon as we increase transparency.
    Therefore, I do ask you to be patient with me. (If not, that's okay too.)

Oh! I will be live streaming with Aru on Twitch this Thursday, January 10th, at 2pm PST.
    It would be great if you can join us!

I look forward to interacting with the entire MapleStory community across every channel.
    Until then, happy Mapling :)
    Thank you!

Havent heard of you before but if you can make this game great again that would be a big change and I am riza ;) nice to meet you it be great working with you
    Ghiblee
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »

Thank you!

As a new CM of MapleStory, your first order of business is to watch the MapleStory Anime and report back your findings.
    If you survive that gauntlet, you're ready for the real deal.

I think a player who does not yet know the inner workings of MapleStory and learns as they go makes for a good CM.
    Pay attention as you work up an account and you should face all the same problems we do, allowing you to have a good grasp on what bothers us.
    Good luck, may you serve us well.
    Ghiblee
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Good luck.
    Ghiblee
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Reactions: 2,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Hello and welcome Ghiblees! I hope you will enjoy working here.

As you might know (or notice), the Maplestory community LOVES nx fashion. To many of us a huge part of the gameplay is the ability to customize the characters. Arwoo has been really good with forwarding our NX suggestions, satisfying both the community and the Nexon team (more money for you guys).

This is the thread where you can find our suggestions:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16034/new-cash-shop-suggestions-thread/p1

I hope you will be active in it as well!
    Ghiblee