[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett's 5th Job Skill "Allied Fury" still glitched

FawkoFawko
Reactions: 2,360
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
4 Fixes later, this skill is still not fixed. Please refer to my thread for the history of the updates. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23330/jetts-new-5th-job-skill-allied-fury#latest

Job : Jett
IGN : Jett
World : Bera
Details : Allied Fury crashes the character to log in screen, the first attack is not applying any damage to bosses or mobs, and mastery is not being applied to the skill.
Time : Jan 10th, 2019

Comments

• WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited January 2019
    The maintenance notes said they tried fixing crashes at Lv26 and above, which isn't even the problem. Whatever they did on the December 19th maintenance needs to be reverted. It used to work fine below Lv26 before that maintenance.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited January 2019
    I know we're both tired of talking about this issue, but here we go again.

Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary:
    1. Using Allied Fury, Jett's new 5th job skill, occasionally crashes the game regardless of skill level.
    2. Allied Fury's secondary attack is always triggered (even though when it shouldn't) when attacking multiple enemies.

More details:
    So far I've found 3 Allied Fury bugs/glitches:
    1. Casting the skill would occasionally crash the game.
    2. When attacking multiple enemies, secondary attack (airship attack) will activate no matter how weak they are.
    3. Skill is not affected by mastery, so its damage varies greatly.

Number 3 can be discussed later. Let us start with number 1 & 2, so we can actually use the skill for once.

Number 1:
    "Fixing an issue where Jett's "Allied Fury" skill would crash when the skill level was over Lv. 25."
    "Fixing an issue where using the "Allied Fury" skill at Lv. 26 or higher would cause the game to disconnect."
    Other Jetts have mentioned this multiple times, but allow me to make it clear once again.
    The skill level is NOT the cause of the issue. Allied Fury crashes the game regardless of skill level.

F6k56IS.jpg
    G2VeUvx.png
    aluAOVo.png
    ByrgaNv.png

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Use Allied Fury (skill level does NOT matter) on multiple monsters. Cast the skill as frequently as possible.
    2. The game will crash in less than 5 minutes.

Number 2:
    For some unknown reason, the skill functions perfectly fine when attacking a single target. Attacking multiple targets is when the skill becomes problematic.

KaF36xo.png
    As you can see here, the secondary attack should only activate when monsters are not killed by the primary attack.

aluAOVo.png
    But when I attack multiple enemies with Allied Fury, the secondary attack is activated no matter how weak they are. My range is over 4 million, and I'm hittinging monsters more than 200 levels below myself. The secondary attack should not be triggered at all.

I'm addressing this issue because I've reached a conclusion that it is closely related to the crash issue. Like I mentioned above, Allied Fury works just fine when attacking one enemy. The game does not crash, and the secondary attack is not activated (unless the enemy is strong enough to survive the primary attack). However, when I attack two or more enemies with Allied Fury, the secondary attack is guaranteed to trigger and the game crashes very often.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Use Allied Fury on multiple monsters, preferably weak ones.
    2. Secondary attack is always activated.

Character name: Jett9051

Character level: 218

Character job: Jett

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 12/17/2018, 9:30 AM pacific (ever since the maintenance of December 17th)

It's been a month since we got our new 5th job skills. Please, Nexon, I want to actually use the skill for once. Thank you.
  • V0iiDzV0iiDz
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited January 2019
    Very articulate post. Hopefully this one gets through to Nexon. Also I agree that hitting more than 1 targets is the culprit somehow, because I have extensively tested hitting 1 target and have yet to crash doing so.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited January 2019
    Also want to note that even on a single target, while it doesn't dc you, the first part of the skill isn't doing damage
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2019
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
  • V0iiDzV0iiDz
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited January 2019
    Fawko wrote: »
    Also want to note that even on a single target, while it doesn't dc you, the first part of the skill isn't doing damage

That's odd. Mine definitely does damage on one target. The mob I hit dies and Battle analysis records damage for 10 hits. for a ~2.1m range it can do anywhere from 43m damage to 74m damage summing the 10 lines of the first part
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited January 2019
    https://youtu.be/uNM-jc5sHpA

Here's the ultimate proof that Allied Fury's skill level has nothing to do with the crash issue.

You can watch up to 1:15 then skip to 6:10, because it take a while for the game to actually crash.

Filmed it myself. Enjoy... and fix it please.