[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon gotta find a way to deal with these hackers

GPINKSGPINKS
Reactions: 905
edited January 2019 in General Chat
These macro hack users are interrupting my leveling so much. like entire 30 channels are filled with macro assholes that i can't find a spot to hunt.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    The biggest problem, I feel, is that it's still so goddamned easy to create accounts, there's very little after-the-fact verification or validation/activation required and as such the bots essentially act as a hydra. You cut off one head, three more take its place.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The biggest problem, I feel, is that it's still so goddamned easy to create accounts, there's very little after-the-fact verification or validation/activation required and as such the bots essentially act as a hydra. You cut off one head, three more take its place.

As much as I hate the idea of new players facing validation processes, it's a much better system than what we have going on.
    A legit player usually only needs to make one or two accounts. It's much better than just letting hackers go all out by making an absurd number of them at once.
    Even if it takes a few hours for the validation to go through, it's a small price to pay for a more enjoyable experience.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

As much as I hate the idea of new players facing validation processes, it's a much better system than what we have going on.
    A legit player usually only needs to make one or two accounts. It's much better than just letting hackers go all out by making an absurd number of them at once.
    Even if it takes a few hours for the validation to go through, it's a small price to pay for a more enjoyable experience.

It's a horrible idea I think we should have in game gm's we have mods who want to do their job give them a better job which is in game policing of hackers. It will help build community trust and it give them something productive to do that's more effective.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    riza wrote: »

It's a horrible idea I think we should have in game gm's we have mods who want to do their job give them a better job which is in game policing of hackers. It will help build community trust and it give them something productive to do that's more effective.

GMs have the ability to be invisible and work behind the scenes. It's hard to tell how much they're actually doing without being one.
  • FoodFood
    Reactions: 1,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

I agree with this.
    I think Nexon should implement a phone number verification system. If they could implement it where a player would have to give their phone number (a valid number that's subscribed to a carrier) it would decrease amount of hackers and botters in the game. A lot of websites now offer a secondary authentication, I believe this method could also help decrease the flooded amount of hackers/botters. It would be a lot of work on Nexon's end, but players would be able to enjoy the game much better.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    GPINKS wrote: »
    These macro hack users are interrupting my leveling so much. like entire 30 channels are filled with macro assholes that i can't find a spot to hunt.

uhh macro users??? You mean botters right?
  • GPINKSGPINKS
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2019
    GPINKS wrote: »

uhh macro users??? You mean botters right?

yeah
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2019
    Food wrote: »

I agree with this.
    I think Nexon should implement a phone number verification system. If they could implement it where a player would have to give their phone number (a valid number that's subscribed to a carrier) it would decrease amount of hackers and botters in the game. A lot of websites now offer a secondary authentication, I believe this method could also help decrease the flooded amount of hackers/botters. It would be a lot of work on Nexon's end, but players would be able to enjoy the game much better.

bad idea guy , this only benefitie to the hackers , today in day the number of verification is inservible for manys games and bussinnes online due to manys programas of verification of number of phone and email ilegales , this would affect the legal players who have 1 to 2 more legitimate accounts in the game, dreaming is easy, but on the internet there are many programs to easily have a phone number and fake emails, the solution is an online gm system to report hackers and bots, 2nd game guard, hackers violate the system of protection of the game with passes, reinforce the system is priority and the game launcher .. the game launcher and the game have too many problems, not only the lag and hackers, the crash and the bugs that have not had solution in these years

a solution to the crashers and lag is a new merge or system of union of worlds of all the servers, example, you can log in any world or server (chaos - kroa- windia - scania - bera example) and it does not affect the content of your guild or friends in buddy, you can meet them, login in any server, this would benefit a lot in the performance of the game because it reduces the lag (main problem of the game) to (today with hackers) is a good idea for a game that I have lost the content with the past and past events where people get tired of not having answers and fixes to the problems of the game, it is only my opinion and maybe solution in part
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Aside from verification, which I will agree that I don't want to see, another solution is lie detection.
    If Nexon patches this so that hackers can't bypass it (I think they can in Korea), I personally wouldn't mind having to do it.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    Look I say this and I say it for the last time "IN GAME MODS" stop being lazy and mod and patrol the game. if they cant get staff to do it hire regular gamers and have them be verified and screen then pay them with nx and gifts in game. this will give them the incentive to keep the game safe. We have screen recorders and can record and ban many bad apples. plus with in game gms in place people will least likely cheat. similar to how you have employees in retail watch as well as security watch you in a store with people keeping an eye out your least likely to act dumb. simple solution and best part you dont need a stupid hack shield just honest players who will be in game security guards. this is all you need to solve this issue but I doubt they would take a simple and obvious solution and implement it. ;)