[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hacking Hotspots

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2019 in General Chat
After logging in and looking for a good burning map, I noticed that there were slightly more hackers in my preferred map that usual.
I thought about making a GM ticket about it, but they already have enough of these I'm sure.
So I thought, the next best thing I could do is post about it on the forums. But then the problem is, but where?
The point of this thread is to post locations you know of that almost always have hacking issues in them.
This in theory should help GMs know where to look when trawling for hackers.
Feel free to include a screenshot if you want extra clarity where the map is.
Be sure to include the server you play on, as the map might not be as popular for hackers on others.

Please follow forum rules and do not name and shame here.
This thread is not for discussing the hacking issue, there are plenty others for that.
Simply report the map that hackers like if you would. Let's help make MapleStory a better game to play.

I commonly see mob vac hacking in Shadowdance Hall 3 [Reboot]
In the past I have seen it commonly at Garden of Darkness II and Hidden Cave.
These are located at Arcane River Morass, Arcane River Vanishing Journey and Orbis, in respective order.

N2Y856A.png

Comments

• JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited January 2019
    in mu lung 100% of channels almost every map has botters 24/7 sometimes 3-4 botters per map
    idk why, but it has been this way for years
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Jez wrote: »
    in mu lung 100% of channels almost every map has botters 24/7 sometimes 3-4 botters per map
    idk why, but it has been this way for years

I believe hackers tend to go for unpopular maps. They know that these maps won't have people bothering them, plus they'll most likely have 100% burning.
    Which server are you on? Looking around Reboot's Mu Lung just now and the maps were all hacker free.
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited January 2019
    Go to Malaysia, there you will see a ton of botters!
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Which server are you on? Looking around Reboot's Mu Lung just now and the maps were all hacker free.

On Bera. as far back as i can remember theres always botters in mu lung. i figured nexon just ignores this place for some reason
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Jez wrote: »
    On Bera. as far back as i can remember theres always botters in mu lung. i figured nexon just ignores this place for some reason
    I think people bot here because it's unpopular. Remember, if nobody checks the map, it's safer to hack.
    I frequently pop into maps that aren't popular, this is where I almost always see hackers.
    (I deem them unpopular based on the fact that they're almost always 100% burning.)
    Mehia wrote: »
    Go to Malaysia, there you will see a ton of botters!
    Be sure to give Map and Server names, there are several maps in these areas, if it's the whole area then maybe try to highlight a few that are more problematic that others.
    The idea here is to be as specific as possible so that GMs can swoop into the most infested areas and grab some easy to confirm hackers.
    Or at the very least any hackers who notice/read this thread will think twice about using these maps, forcing them into less ideal maps or to stop hacking altogether.
    The more hackers feel threatened by legit users the better.

I've noticed hackers in Colossal Tail a few times this week. (Reboot)
    pWt91zc.png
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited January 2019
    Dark World Tree: Lower-Left Stem.
    Currently, in scania, there are Ark botters in pretty much every single channel on this map. Plz for ffs ban them all.
  • RascothRascoth
    Reactions: 315
    edited January 2019
    Upper Skyline and Skyline 1 are filled with Ark botters on every channel on Luna. Literally impossible to complete Skyline: Liberation because of that. Also Lake of Oblivion: Hidden Shore tend to be infested with Arkbots.