[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(satire) Meme Box

KingofFurriesKingofFurries
Reactions: 1,605
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ok, so i thought of the idea for a new type of reward box, i'll call it the Luxury Supreme Marvelous Box

Basically this box would be similar to marvel machine / philo books (so sorry, no rebooties here) except, it wouldn't have any of the junk

I was thinking, the box itself could cost $100 per box, and look something similar to this:
bluwswc.png

it could be made out of 24k solid gold and encrusted with diamonds, it has to be the most expensive luxurious box ever existed.

Now, i know what you're thinking, for something this exquisite, what are the rewards? It would only contain the most expensive of rewards i was thinking the pool of items could look similar to this:

-Each of the 33 different arcane weapons
-Each of the 30 different arcane equips (hat/shoulder/glove/cape/shoe/overall)
-Frenzy totem
-Firestarter ring
-Breath of Divinity ring
-Ring of torment
-Lucid earrings
-Permanent Hyper Teleport rock
-Permanent additional pendant slot
-Dreamy belt
-Berserked face accessory
-Magic eyepatch
-Cursed Spellbook
-Battleroid (male)
-battleroid (female)
-Outlaw Heart
-20 starforce enhancement scroll (no level limit)
-Legendary potential scroll
-Dark Grin totems
-50 violet cube pack
-50 white cube pack
-100k maple point coupon
-1m maple point coupon
-100 Black Rebirth flame coupon
-Maplefest emblem (legendary maint potential, and legendary bonus potential)
-Conqueror of the hell medal (medal from EMS, gives +100 weapon / magic attack)

As far as the distribution rates, just make it all equal, the same chance for each item.

What do you guys think, for $100 per box would you do it?
NamelessNoodle
  1. would you buy one10 votes
    1. yes
       80% (8 votes)
    2. no
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    FeelsRebootMan
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I don't think this subforum is for satire things.
    We should probably keep it reserved for things we actually want the developers to do/know.

Now to address the joke itself, I think we're lacking in EXP boosts here.
    Add a pack of 3x EXP (2hour) x25 and now we're talking.
    If only I didn't play reboot.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2019
    Actually not a bad idea considering people spend in the ballpark of $100usd for perm tele rock and perm pendant, and arcane items depending on class..
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    When you make a stupid post fully intending it to be a joke but people actually think it's a good idea

xtOfMYe.png
    FuhreakKingofFurriesPetalmagicAtlandiaKradian_SouthSlicedTimeNamelessNoodle
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    SNIP

Honestly, when i made this idea, i was being half joking and half serious. On one hand, some of this stuff is absolutely absurd, but on the other hand, philo books and marvel machine have a lot of junk still mixed in nexon needs to clean out (ex. fafnir weapons). i would definitely like to see the reward pools for marvel / philo slimmed down a bit and more junk removed.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    SNIP

Honestly, when i made this idea, i was being half joking and half serious. On one hand, some of this stuff is absolutely absurd, but on the other hand, philo books and marvel machine have a lot of junk still mixed in nexon needs to clean out (ex. fafnir weapons). i would definitely like to see the reward pools for marvel / philo slimmed down a bit and more junk removed.

Yea the even funnier joke is that we are pretty much already paying for the same level of absurdity with marvel, philo, gacha. the amount of garbage in those RNG makes it hysterical (or depressing?) that people literally spend thousands of dollars trying to get a certain totem, or my personal favourite, spending hundreds for the aesthetics of a maplestory chair.

For real though, if you have a $100 box without all the garbage (bc there are a lot of items >$100 value) it'd be more exciting than the $5-$10 worth of garbage I get from marvel everytime before I cut my losses (I never learn)
    KingofFurries
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2019
    bluwswc.png

Donald Trump is missing his trunk. You better return it to its rightful owner.

But seriously, 100 dollars for a box like that is a steal! The items may suck, but the amount of valuable metal and stones must mean it might have some value. It could serve as blinged out storage.