[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remembering the journey mission

JoakhimJoakhim
Reactions: 610
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Hi all, now that the alliance quests are over the only way to actively take Determination is that "Remembering the Journey" mission?
I can also see that mission with level 120 alts but they dont have the skill to take maple leaves, is that normal?
So the only way to take Determination on alts is afk in the outpost?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I'm able to grab it on alts, though the only one I've tried on is a level 202.
    So I'm not sure if you're bugged or not.

Edit: I wasn't able to grab it on a level 130 character that hasn't been doing the event.
    Nor was I able to grab it on a level 181 character that had started the event before.
    I am however able to see it on all my 200+ characters. I don't have one that wasn't already on the event.
    I should note that one of them did not have it appear in the event menu on the left side of the screen, but I was able to accept the quest.
    So even if this is only 200+ characters, it's still slightly buggy.
    YinYangX
  • JoakhimJoakhim
    Reactions: 610
    edited January 2019
    thx for the info, have a nice day ^^
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I feel like I should also mention that elite mobs drop determination still.
    So you could farm for it via them, but I think at this point AFKing in the outpost would be faster on an alt.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2019
    Activating runes is also yet another form of acquiring determination. Upon proving your DDR skills, a dark prize genie will fly out to annoy your character.
    Determination orbs will drop every time you swat it with your skills until the bugger learns it's lesson and buzzes off.

Back on topic: I agree with everyone; it is frustrating for this mission to be available exclusively for lvl 200+ characters given the lack of alternative methods for capping daily determination.
    Fuhreak
  • RascothRascoth
    Reactions: 315
    edited January 2019
    Actually, I was able to grab Remembering the Journey on my lvl119 Zero (freshly out of Mirror World). I just talked with Athena Pierce in Alliance Outpost and first dialogue option was one that gave me this mission.

Edit: First option after clicking Mission Management.
    YinYangX
  • CJSmasherCJSmasher
    Reactions: 220
    edited January 2019
    I still have the determination missions from the Collective Determination so they still haven't removed those yet. (They are the Perion and Monstrous Determination so I have to deal with killing 10 elites and grabbing orbs. Ugh.)

So is all of this stuff with determination going to go away on the 23rd, because I know that's when the Alliance Coin shop will close. Loved the 2x event when all the statues were activated, it really helped me get my Kanna mule to Level 120 and my Beast Tamer Mule to Level 70. :)
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    quote="CJSmasher;89559"]I still have the determination missions from the Collective Determination so they still haven't removed those yet. (They are the Perion and Monstrous Determination so I have to deal with killing 10 elites and grabbing orbs. Ugh.)
    [/quote]

Just hope you get easy ones next round.