[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Alternative currencies to mesos...

hyacahyaca
Reactions: 1,050
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Hello everyone!

It would be great if we could find alternate currencies to meso. Some items, or fame or something that can combat inflation ingame. What do you think?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    No items, absolutely not. Those will immediately become the subject of dupes and the economy will get even worse. I've seen it happen in other games that decided to add a mega-currency item. It does not end well.

Fame means absolutely nothing, especially with events that come around at least once a year that you can essentially farm hundreds of fame, if not thousands or more, from in a single event period.

And as far as I'm aware, nothing is actually inflated ingame right now. Things cost more if there's less of it to go around but also a large demand for it(nodestones on bera are ridiculously cheap compared to nodestones on grazed or mybckn)
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited January 2019
    Lol inflation? Its the opposite... idiots are lowering the prices all the time just to sell quick
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I mean whenever I'm trading over meso cap, I just trade in high priced / stackable items like primes / sw gear / etc.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Anyone remember white scrolls? Those were, at the time, used as meso stand-ins for trades surpassing the meso cap.

They were completely removed from the game after people duped the hell out of them.