[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change Account Region Opportunity

XseleXsele
Reactions: 1,210
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi,

for the last couple of mouth Im trying to play my account in Scania world.
Unfortunately i cant make any significant progress in the game because of the lag i experience.
I play Maplestory for many years now and i figure that the only way i can realy play the game this days is by using the Europe servers (i live in Europe and played global version for a very long time).
I put a lot of effort and time into my account and the characters within. I cant start it all over from scratch.
Will i ever get the chance to move my account to the Europe server? i bet this will fix my and many others lags issues without making me start all over.
I know the world transfer is wildly requested by players but this is dream haven't yet been accomplished.

Thank you,

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    World transfers are between worlds on one side of the region select. There's nothing in place for transferring across from one region to another. This was brought up before, and I think @Neospector is the one who explained, rather well, why it's not possible.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    World transfers are between worlds on one side of the region select. There's nothing in place for transferring across from one region to another. This was brought up before, and I think @Neospector is the one who explained, rather well, why it's not possible.

They've done a gateway (region) merge on SEA, so there exists some framework for moving characters from one region to another, however, it'd be way too complicated and most likely end up being somewhat unsatisfactory (a big thing would be that someone would end up losing their IGN because they are not unique across regions).
  • XseleXsele
    edited January 2019
    Occire wrote: »

They've done a gateway (region) merge on SEA, so there exists some framework for moving characters from one region to another, however, it'd be way too complicated and most likely end up being somewhat unsatisfactory (a big thing would be that someone would end up losing their IGN because they are not unique across regions).

well i think that the IGN problem is acceptable if you need this transfer. i would give up my IGN for it...
    I thought the gateway merge is a good opportunity for this transfer event so i want to bring this up
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Xsele wrote: »
    Occire wrote: »

well i think that the IGN problem is acceptable if you need this transfer. i would give up my IGN for it...
    I thought the gateway merge is a good opportunity for this transfer event so i want to bring this up

Not everyone is as willing as you to give up their name, however. This was a problem with guild names when renegades was added to the dumpster fire of galicia, arcania, el nido, demethos and zenith. No one ever wants to be the one to have to give up, willing or otherwise, their guild or character names.

The best you can do for now is just start playing on the EU side and hope that eventually something will be put in place to allow cross-region transfers.
  • XseleXsele
    edited January 2019
    i wont start it all over... Im a lvl 232 Kanna with some legion mules.
    i worked very hard on it and it's items...
    even if i had to pay NX for this kind of transfer i would.
    maybe the transfer for NX and changing IGNs will do for nexon :P