[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Demon Avenger for N/Hwill and Verus Hilla

ShrewindShrewind
Reactions: 595
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Demon Avengers consume hp in order to attack and use skills in general. In Boss Will in 2nd phase, since there is a heal lock, demon avengers experience tremendous difficulty when attacking. For verus hilla, since there is a heal lock for the whole run, it is impossible for demon avengers to participate, since they cannot attack while they don't have forbidden contract on. There is a boss called verus hilla that demon avengers cannot even participate. And it must be changed. There are some ideas I have. Just for specific section of the boss just like 2nd phase in Will boss fight and verus hilla run, what about changing forbidden contract to be on/off skill without dmg increase so demon avengers can actually participate to verus hilla and reduce difficulty attacking will? Even though Verus hilla is not officially out in gms yet, but I hear a lot from kms that this problem is not being solved even after several months ever since verus hilla came out. Everyone needs to have equal opportunity to participate in boss. hp draining while heal lock is dreadful. I want to ask you for solution for demon avengers when it comes to heal lock when bossing. Thanks.
xxHorntailxxdarikTwofish

Comments

• xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited January 2019
    i just cleared normal will last night as a demon avenger. spam your nether shield as many times as possible (cooldown skip IA). well first of all, before moving to phase 2, i usually cast forbidden contract and defender of the demon. bind him so you have the opportunity to hit him to charge some moonlight. i use dimensional sword as well. absolutely, gotta pay attention to your moonlight gauge. i like to put that somewhere at the middle of my screen. after i use moonlight, i use overload release right after. will may be nasty but it is doable. the only reason i was able to clear was practicing and my party has enough damage.

as for verus hilla. i can definitely agree with you on that.
    im looking for solutions too.
  • ShrewindShrewind
    Reactions: 595
    edited January 2019
    i just cleared normal will last night as a demon avenger. spam your nether shield as many times as possible (cooldown skip IA). well first of all, before moving to phase 2, i usually cast forbidden contract and defender of the demon. bind him so you have the opportunity to hit him to charge some moonlight. i use dimensional sword as well. absolutely, gotta pay attention to your moonlight gauge. i like to put that somewhere at the middle of my screen. after i use moonlight, i use overload release right after. will may be nasty but it is doable. the only reason i was able to clear was practicing and my party has enough damage.

as for verus hilla. i can definitely agree with you on that.
    im looking for solutions too.

I mean, I can clear boss Will. It is doable with practice. I just wanted to let it be known that heal lock for demon avenger is big disadvantage towards demon avengers, since there are really no way to attack without forbidden contract when there are heal lock. For Verus Hilla, they really need to do something about it. It doesn't make sense if there's a class which they cannot even clear that certain boss.
  • TwofishTwofish
    Reactions: 745
    edited January 2019
    I think even KMS doesn't know how to do, if they make forbidden contract on/off then you can use frenzy all the time with 30% damage reduction. I think this class is broken, it needs revamp just like Evan.