[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ark Bans

BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
Reactions: 900
edited January 2019 in General Chat
can people give me some insight into this? a person in my guild (banned twice now got banned for farming in a lach map, reason was modified ark skills) was unbanned 2 weeks later, not 2-3 days later gets banned again while farming for same reason.

now the information i wanna know is, are other arks experiencing this? and getting falsely banned, or is this person just lying to me

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    One of my guildmates got banned from AFK. They were literally not doing ANYTHING and got Ark banned. This is their second ban as well.
  • ZombiepieZombiepie
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2019
    Yeah the Ark bans are real, last Wednesday my account was banned for doing the Tengu boss on it but I've been unbanned as of yesterday.
  • veyselarkveyselark
    Reactions: 100
    same here today 13:00 im banned again on ark. last week tuesday i was unbanned.
  • oldDDoldDD
    Reactions: 200
    My account has been banned today with the same reason. What should i do now? I stayed at outpost whole day and just farmed 1-2 hours a day. I spent a lot on this account
  • joeversusjoeversus
    edited January 2019
    To top it off, Nexon support is probably among the most incompetent I've experienced. My friend got banned 2 days ago on his Ark because of the Tengu issue, and both through ticket and live chat, the "GMs" simply use copy-pasted responses to practically call him a liar, and tell him to follow the ToS, and not even listening to what he has to say. They don't even have the most basic understanding on how their game works. The least they could do is issue a warning for Arks to know what maps or attacks to avoid while they fix the issue.
  • ZombiepieZombiepie
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2019
    What I did was asked for the issue to be given to GM of higher position, they escalated the ticket and I waited about a day and got a reply. It would further help if you had some type of screenshot or video evidence.
  • PacoARKsPacoARKs
    Reactions: 360
    As an ark player myself I have to say that the ark bans are real :/ I was a victim of a false ban TWICE and just got my account unbanned after one week. I would say to avoid ark bans I won't be using abyss recall nor blissful restraint as those skills were both adressed by GM's as being involved in "suspicious activities"
  • RemixMyLifeRemixMyLife
    Reactions: 730
    edited January 2019
    Just really started playing the game too now and got to lv 220 on my ark. All this false ban stuff is pretty discouraging. Should I just not play the game or something to avoid getting banned?
    oldDDHuskyDM
  • PhantasmistxPhantasmistx
    edited January 2019
    I recently got the Ark ban (3 days ago) for fighting Tengu boss using illegal move, and I’m sorta frustrated.... sent them like 3-4 emails and I get same sorta reply every time. Just hope some actual Nexon employee can unban me. Don’t wanna waste all that grind and I don’t have any other pc games to play for now so yeah.....
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited January 2019
    Just really started playing the game too now and got to lv 220 on my ark. All this false ban stuff is pretty discouraging. Should I just not play the game or something to avoid getting banned?

I was going to start playing Ark but this just got me spooked. I would suggest not playing Ark and instead focusing on other characters, and hope Ark wasn't your main.
  • RevFlashRevFlash
    Reactions: 100
    My ark lv 202 was banned yesterday. i was afk in the retro world and when returned I received the ban. I do not know what to do :/