[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PIC not working after v202 update

Comments

• UnoyoudidntUnoyoudidnt Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello,
    Even after you reset your PIC it will still say wrong pic entered after you log out and log back in.
  • lmaginationlmagination
    Reactions: 100
    hi everyone, I was having the same issues and I used two workarounds:

create a new character, delete it, and try logging into desired character.

If the above doesn't work, change character location (any slot) and then try relogging.
  • TrifoncioTrifoncio
    I have te same problem. pls nexon fix it..
  • TrifoncioTrifoncio
    b1txT3s

I cant reset the pic too.. what can i do? Help NExon HELP!!!!
  • TrifoncioTrifoncio
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    We are aware of the PIC error and are looking into it.
    If you wish, resetting your PIC would be an immediate option :(

If you are unable to reset your PIC through the game or the website, please submit a ticket to our support team.

https://ibb.co/b1txT3s

Just cant.
  • UnoyoudidntUnoyoudidnt Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello,
    Even after you reset your PIC it will still say wrong pic entered after you log out and log back in.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited January 2019
    Btw like people says before Bug Fourm is talking about this and Some other issues need to be fixed. Hopefully we can get back on to the game without the issue.
  • MageGirlMageGirl
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited January 2019
    I also can't enter my PIC, like the others it just duplicates the letter now instead of changing the letter when a key is pressed multiple times. And it doesn't give you a preview of what's been entered before turning into a *, which it used to. I've tried the create character trick mentioned above, but it doesn't work because you need to enter your PIC to delete the character (which it should do...) and that PIC board doesn't work either.

From what I've read above, changing my PIC (on website only, since yes, it asks for my previous PIC if I try to do it in game) is only a temporary fix until I try to change characters or log in again, and for some people changing their PIC doesn't work at all anyway. So no point in even trying, really.

Guess I'm not playing this game until this is fixed. This is pretty reproducible, so hopefully that will be soon?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2019
    I have to keep changing my pic almost every time I change characters. Even if you use just numbers it stops working when you try to go on another character. Looks like there is a cool down on changing characters. If your having issues after you reset your pic to just numbers then give it 5 min and try again
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    Resetting your PIC is not a solution as you have to do it every time you try to log on a different character. The system is not working at all!!! There seems to be a time limit for logging in and out. If you log to fast it gives you the error. I have a lot to do on multiple characters! I don't have time for this!
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2019
    they should let you type it out on a dang keyboard this will at least make it great again. but yeah honestly why don't they let people type it out on the keyboard more simple.
  • EnriquePDEnriquePD
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2019
    me too!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    key loggers
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    Reset it as just numbers and when it will not let you in, come back in 5 min. There seems to be a cool down when going from one character to another.
  • nathanknightnathanknight
    Reactions: 840
    edited January 2019
    Overtime, the encoders have been overlooked the checking...
    Damn testers....
    I have encounter the same fate as you guys...
    edited January 2019
    And yes.
    I feel impatient now.
    Before the update begins, the game testers should have double checked the PIC or anything before it declares the update.
    My life is ruined, because of their mistakes within the PIC bug.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    your life is ruined...interesting
    edited January 2019
    Oh I hate those encoders who doesn't have double checked their flow of their system before the update launched.
    Security, especially PIC, is important.

But this kind of update?

They're suck their 3x stupidity brainless matters.

Why?

They doesn't do double check their work before they launch the update.
    edited January 2019
    And they are mindlessly and recklessly launched the update with that PIC bug brought out.

I will say it again...

Morons.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2019
    Your going to get all the posts about this locked. I understand that your upset, but please stop.