[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Permanent Safety Charm

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Permanent Safety Charm is an item that prevents your character from losing exp when dying, forever.
These items were offered for sale five years ago, around the same period as the permanent Hyper Teleport Rocks and Permanent Pendant Slots.
The latter two have made a return through random-reward Cash events.
Permanent Safety Charms have not, probably because one-time Safety Charms can be bought with meso (from NPC Matilda), so people's willingness to spend hundreds of dollars to try to obtain a permanent one, is not high.

However, I feel that, despite the fact that Safety Charms can be bought for meso, some people would be willing to pay a reasonable price in NX for the convenience of not having to bother keeping track of their Safety Charms and constantly stocking up. I know I would.

So, my request is to offer Permanent Safety Charms for direct sale in the Cash Shop.
ArgentRhayswenCatoooloooRaindewGameOverPloxYello200TheHoA

Comments

• BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I'm sure it will make its way into marvel at some point, and I know SOME people will pay $1000 to try to get it, no matter if temporary is still obtainable by mesos lol
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2017
    they should just sell them again in the cs. I have one on my account and i would like another. you can get charms in game that don't expire, so why not?
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    So, my request is to offer Permanent Safety GEM for direct sale in the Cash Shop.

FTFY.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    So, my request is to offer Permanent Safety GEM for direct sale in the Cash Shop.

FTFY.

I thought so too, since the multi-use charm is called gem now. But when I tried to find when it was offered, I found out it was called a Charm back then (see the link in the first post), and assumed it probably still is in the data by that name. If you actually own one and know its name got changed, I'll gladly change my post and title.
    00F29-156483b3-7496-4a0e-91d6-69b06b5dfd17.png
  • tyrsmtyrsm
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2017
    or nexon can make bosses/monsters stop causing exp loss
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2019
    If this is still relevant, I also vote for this to come back (I regret not buying it years ago)
    Especially because of the level cap increase.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited January 2019
    (yes I know npc Matilda sell them too and they don't expire, but some people are super lazy and don't wanna buy 3 a day every day)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    They could also add this function through a new android if they wanted. Choose between unlimited buff freezer or unlimited exp saver.

The permanent gem/charm is even more convenient though if they want to bring that back through whatever means... marvel/directSale/etc/etc
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They could also add this function through a new android if they wanted. Choose between unlimited buff freezer or unlimited exp saver.

The permanent gem/charm is even more convenient though if they want to bring that back through whatever means... marvel/directSale/etc/etc

They may as well bring it back for direct sale. No one buys them out of the cash shop anymore since whatsherface in most towns sells three non-expiring one-time-use charms per day. So it's not like they'd be missing out on any nx sales. Hell, they might be able to squeeze some last bit of money out of them before everyone has permanent safety charms.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »

They may as well bring it back for direct sale. No one buys them out of the cash shop anymore since whatsherface in most towns sells three non-expiring one-time-use charms per day. So it's not like they'd be missing out on any nx sales. Hell, they might be able to squeeze some last bit of money out of them before everyone has permanent safety charms.

my thoughts exactly.