[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What music do you listen to while playing maple?

hyacahyaca
Reactions: 1,050
edited January 2019 in Off-Topic Discussion
Just wondering what music you have playing in the background... if anything.

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Unless I'm grinding during 2x, usually the MS bgm. During 2x, usually a +1hr long Nightcore track. =L
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    szHongM.png
    Oh you know, just a little bit of EVERYTHING.
    I'm missing about 10 days worth of music in that, because that player doesn't read certain formats I have.
    And yes, that's 49 days worth of music.
    YinYangX
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2019
    Lo-fi instrumentals

like:

or:

and this if I want something more upbeat:
    Fuhreak
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I listen to everything and anything. With me, there is no set genres, just hit shuffle and see what comes up. Pandora, Aimp, Spotify Web, Youtube. My lastfm is riddled with tracks varying betwixt artists and genres. =D

I really like motivation songs going into or preparing for a big 20 min boss battle though. But grinding or chilling, it is anything =D
    scholar624YinYangX
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2019
    For some, listening to the same BGM for hours on end can get on one's nerves but there is a way of mixing it up without missing out on some of the best soundtracks ever!

There are so many Youtube compilations of MS's music that it's often better to narrow down the type of mood or mentality you want setup.

Trying to relax or wind down for the night? Here's one with raindrops in the background:
    Need to keep your concentration while studying? This one was compiled for such an occasion

or you know... you can just listen to Octopath Traveler music on an infinite play-loop. ("Daughter of the Dark God," anyone?)
    YinYangX
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2019
    I start with listening to the MapleStory BGM. Then I usually put on the news, and once I am done with the news I catch up on various podcasts, radioshows and YouTube shows. Once I am done with that i might put on some good industrial music, heavy metal, rock, blues or classical music. It really depends on my mood, I like a broad range of music.

Google Wardruna if you want to hear some great Nordic folk music.
    YinYangX
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2019
    Nintendo OST, jak and daxter ost, Yugioh voice actor duels and on rare occasions, North Korean military music.
    YinYangX
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited January 2019
    I usually just listen to the game music and sounds so I can keep track of what I'm doing. When I'm doing some seriously long grinding I may put some full game streams on Youtube or listen to a random song of the bunch of OSTs I have.
    YinYangX
  • GlatorGlator
    Reactions: 310
    edited March 2019
    Hope I'm not breaking any of the rules by joining a discussion after 1 month.
    Usually I'd listen MS BGM.
    Kerning Square, Temple of Time, Mirror World: Nasty Liar and Above The Treetops.
    And sometimes Touhou: Spirit of Avarice, Night Sakura of Dead Spirits and Shining Needle sinking in the air.

But in most cases, I use Umineko soundtrack. You really have to listen to it.
    The Executioner, Ricordando il Passato, Dreamend Discharger, Dead Angle, White Shadow, Rhythm Changer, Thanks for being born, Justice, Victima Propiciatoria, Endless Nine, Dead of the Grave, Answer, Golden Nocturne, lixaxil, Fake Red Shoes, Discolor, Patchwork Chimeria, Ruriair, ALIVE, Dance of the Moon Rabbits, Bring the Fate and finally, Golden Slaughterer.
    Oh, and also Liberated Liberator.

I usually listen to many more than that but I'm pretty sure it'll take more than 2 pages in this thread.
    YinYangX