[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tangyoon Party Quest Flame Monster bug

TotallyBrokenTotallyBroken
Reactions: 720
edited January 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Party quest, unkillable mobs

Brief bug summary:
When it comes time to kill the flame monsters in Tangyoon's Cooking party quest, the flame monsters are unkillable despite my character being named the flame monster hunter. Especially difficult because this was during a solo run.

More details:
During the 4 round of monster killing during Tangyoon PQ, 5 flame monsters appear that have to be killed or you fail the round, and therefore the entire pq (Mr. Chomps won't be summoned at the end). One of the party members (or if playing alone, the only party member) will be named the flame monster hunter and will normally be able to attack the monsters. Ever since the January 23, 2019 maintenance, the flame monsters stay semi-transparent and untouchable by my character despite playing solo. I'm currently unsure if this happens in a multi-PC party situation, because honestly, who else is even doing Tangyoon's PQ?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Begin Tangyoon's Cooking Party Quest (solo, possibly in a group)
2) Complete the first 3 rounds and begin the 4th round of monster cooking
3) A text pop-up should name your character as the flame monster hunter
4) Attempting to attack or interact with the monsters does not work. They are intangible.
5) The 4th round will inevitably fail due to the monsters not being killed, Mr. Chomps cannot be summoned at the end of the quest.

Character name:
MikeSwordGuy, MikeSamurGuy

Character level:
231, 152

Character job:
Hero, Hayato

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
January 23, 2019, January 24, 2019, 11:30 PM EST

I've been slowly working on my Monster Collection, focusing on Mr. Chomps for PQ monsters at the moment. But ever since maintenance it's been impossible to clear the 4th round of this PQ, and anything short of a perfect run gets you a Trash Can instead of Mr. Chomps, so no collection for me. Hope this can get fixed soon. Off to Chryse and Xerxes for a while instead I guess.
Annelisha

Comments

• AnnelishaAnnelisha
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2019
    Having the same problem!

• TotallyBrokenTotallyBroken
    Reactions: 720
    edited February 2019
    As of the maintenance on January 31, 2019, this bug is still happening. I took some screenshots to provide some extra context to possibly get this fixed.

1juvsXH.jpg
    Here we can see the Tasteburner monsters spawning at the start of the 4th round of cooking. Note that my character has been named the "Flame Monster Hunter" (becuase I'm the only one in the party, naturally). Also note that the Tasteburners are all semi-transparent, suggesting I would not be able to interact with them.

xKrQeE5.jpg
    Here we have me attempting to use various skill on the Tasteburners. I'm obviously doing damage to the monsters above using my Rising Rage skill, but the Tasteburners in front of me have taken no hits. By all rights, if they were tangible, even a single normal attack should knock them out at my level.

Interestingly, I heard that certain other class's skills could hit the Tasteburners despite their intangibility to most direct attacks. I decided to test the effect a Fire/Poison Mage has.

kQ9Nh7G.jpg
    The F/P's Poison Mist 3rd job skill can actually still affect the Tasteburners, bringing them to the point of death, but cannot actually finish them off, so the PQ still fails.

I've heard the Shadower's Meso Explosion skill can also affect the monsters while they can't normally be touched, but I haven't tested to see if they can be killed by it yet.

Hopefully this extra information and visual aids help get this problem solved.

Edit: Fixed image links
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited February 2019
    The issue that the Tasteburners are semi-transparent and unbeatable is being looked into. :)