[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Plz don't nerf the attack speed hard cap on GMS!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As many players have recently heard MSEA recently nerfed their attack speed hard cap from 0 -> 2. Do not bring this change to GMS, it is the most undesirable change possible!

I'd rather give up my pottable badge! slow attacking is too clunky and we will wind up in the same situation we were in b4 the removal of the previous damage cap that favored people that can produce more lines faster than others >< (hurricane skill classes). As if we needed another kick in lowering our morale =(
darikBradLeeTeeShadEight

Comments

• FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited February 2019
    They won't listen to this suggestion because it doesn't make them any money. If players have slower attack speeds, it means you need more funding to be able to do the boss hence more revenue for Nexon from cubes
    WONDERGUY
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited February 2019
    Fawko wrote: »
    They won't listen to this suggestion because it doesn't make them any money. If players have slower attack speeds, it means you need more funding to be able to do the boss hence more revenue for Nexon from cubes

I hope your wrong, cause i fear a lot of people won't accept it....
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Watch out, unpopular opinions!
    I'd be fine with it, I honestly want the game to be a direct copy of KMS, minus the language.
    I think it's easier to balance and I honestly think MS is way too easy.
    I personally have a few friends who agree with this who have even stopped playing because they think it's too easy.
    Of course I have a few who think it's too hard, too. But those people never got into MS in the first place.
    I feel for the majority who are being affected negatively by this, but I won't lie, I'm happy about changes like this.
    And no, I'm not going to jump through a million hoops to go play KMS, that's just silly.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019

The problem is that people DO accept it. Instead of taking a stand against Nexon's stupid decisions, whales continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the game. So long as the whales continue to fork over their money for a subpar level of service, Nexon has absolutely zero incentive to change their business practices.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Mira wrote: »

The problem is that people DO accept it. Instead of taking a stand against Nexon's stupid decisions, whales continue to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the game. So long as the whales continue to fork over their money for a subpar level of service, Nexon has absolutely zero incentive to change their business practices.

"Vote with your wallet!"
    "Oh damn is that marvel machine and/or miracle time? TAKE MY MONEY FASTER!!!!!"
    darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2019
    Hard cap is the only reason I still do monster park everyday. I absolutely cannot go anywhere without green pots it is far too clunky to play at fast (2) speed.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Wait there is a chance that they nerf it.
    WTF

Thats horrible.

Classes like angelic buster or battle mage
    and many other classes willl suffer since they have server side skills.
    darikTerrorStreak
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2019

They'll make less money from circulators now that a lot of classes won't need +1 attack speed ability to reach hard cap, and more likely to settle on a unique ability like 20% boss damage.

Other than that, I agree.

Would rather like to see them add in a new ability or potential that increases hurricane skill fire rate though as a way to balance classes without removing the AS cap.
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'd be fine with it, I honestly want the game to be a direct copy of KMS, minus the language.
    I personally have a few friends who agree with this who have even stopped playing because they think it's too easy.
    Of course I have a few who think it's too hard, too. But those people never got into MS in the first place.

If you think maplestory is easy and want it to be hard, try playing it without link skills, or legion tiles, or a single meso for that matter. Maplestory is still a hard game, only that it gets easier with more time put in the game, only that it requires a lot of time to be decent at the game. Unless you're so dependent on those two things that you'd rather have Nexon remove something forcefully for you, I'd suggest you try doing the former.
    New players can't "get into" maplestory because it's so hard at first. You'll do 1~30 damage at level 1 with normal attacks compared to everyone else at level 1 with a 5000+ rank legion bashing mobs with 100~300 damage. Most of the current players are players who played when maplestory was still hard but everyone was on even ground. Seeing someone do more damage than you at the same level because they spent years and/or various amounts of money on the game for damage and cosmetics versus your 1~3 range toben hair-looking *** isn't very encouraging to play the game for free and waste time sticking around for a chance at 1 or 2 freebies a year.
    darik
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited February 2019
    buff hurricane to make up for the attack speed we dont benefit from
    darik
  • DarchesDarches
    Reactions: 620
    edited February 2019
    The speed cap of 2 makes 2-handed weapons more competitive and speed =/= lines. So I'm totally down for this change.
    To make the game less clunky, all they have to do is universally reduce damage and improve attack speed, but that could change the farming range of some classes. A speed vs power toggle would be a neat universal solution, but that won't happen.

And for the record, MS is definitely a hard game for newbies. It's not elegant in the slightest. I got my twin to try it recently and... He sucked hard. You may think it's natural to upgrade your stick into a real wand, but some people don't get it. MS has too many stat/upgrade systems coating the gameplay. Old MS was much grindier and harder in worse ways, like the stiff platforming/movement, or upgrade order mattering. Currently it's much easier to train mules though, and it should stay that way. The initial grind experience is best left at that.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Darches wrote: »
    And for the record, MS is definitely a hard game for newbies. It's not elegant in the slightest. I got my twin to try it recently and... He sucked hard. You may think it's natural to upgrade your stick into a real wand, but some people don't get it. MS has too many stat/upgrade systems coating the gameplay. Old MS was much grindier and harder in worse ways, like the stiff platforming/movement, or upgrade order mattering. Currently it's much easier to train mules though, and it should stay that way. The initial grind experience is best left at that.

I'll give you that it's hard to get into, but most MMOs are. Once you understand MapleStory, it's not hard.
    AznboiE wrote: »
    If you think maplestory is easy and want it to be hard, try playing it without link skills, or legion tiles, or a single meso for that matter. Maplestory is still a hard game, only that it gets easier with more time put in the game, only that it requires a lot of time to be decent at the game. Unless you're so dependent on those two things that you'd rather have Nexon remove something forcefully for you, I'd suggest you try doing the former.
    New players can't "get into" maplestory because it's so hard at first. You'll do 1~30 damage at level 1 with normal attacks compared to everyone else at level 1 with a 5000+ rank legion bashing mobs with 100~300 damage. Most of the current players are players who played when maplestory was still hard but everyone was on even ground. Seeing someone do more damage than you at the same level because they spent years and/or various amounts of money on the game for damage and cosmetics versus your 1~3 range toben hair-looking *** isn't very encouraging to play the game for free and waste time sticking around for a chance at 1 or 2 freebies a year.

As I said above, I think once you understand MapleStory, it's not that hard. Learning the game is harder than playing the game.
    Once you have a decent idea of what you're doing, you can easily blaze to 200 even on a completely fresh account with zero characters.
    The hardest thing about MapleStory is the grind. I'd say it's not that it's really hard, it just takes awhile. As it should, being an MMO.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Attacking slower is less fun.

If there are balance concerns then it should be addressed in the skill %s.
    darikTerrorStreak
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    edited February 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Well Said Brother!
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Attacking slower can be fun if done right. There's a reason why I prefer slow paced games over faster ones.
    I personally find attacking slower to be more fun.

I think changing the skill % is a bad idea. This splits us even further from KMS which just digs us further down into some pitfalls we've fallen into.
    If you remove the current speedcap and set it back to the KMS version, that in itself is balance.
    It allows Nexon to make changes that will be reflected across multiple versions of the game, lessening their load and allowing them to develop faster.
    There are plenty of classes in the game that feel fast. If you like those kinds of classes, then play them. Faster attacks across the board isn't always a good thing.
    Nor is attacking faster inherently fun.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Watch out, unpopular opinions!
    I feel for the majority who are being affected negatively by this, but I won't lie, I'm happy about changes like this.
    And no, I'm not going to jump through a million hoops to go play KMS, that's just silly.

Time to delete all non-KMS content / items / gear, including the non-KMS classes. Sounds like a grand idea.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    DarkZetta wrote: »
    Time to delete all non-KMS content / items / gear, including the non-KMS classes. Sounds like a grand idea.

I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm, that you think nobody wants that. But I'm just going to make my unpopular opinion even more unpopular by saying, I do.
    Again, the reasoning I don't just go play KMS is because I'm not learning a language and jumping through registration hoops to play a game.
    I'll just do something else before that point.
    Maybe a KMS-like server could help Nexon test waters. Though the last thing we need is even more divide in the community.