[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

percentage of the droplet

1stm31stm3
Reactions: 210
edited February 2019 in General Chat
how much is the drop percentage of the droplet. I have a drop of 200% plus the spider and that is not noticed, I have 17 droplet at this speed is absurd to get the amount you ask to get the arcane weapon.
darik

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    I levelled at Mirror-Touched Sea 2 from 235-250, and got 42 droplets during that time. That was with Blue Wolf (2x drop) the whole time. Before that, levelling from 220-235 yielded ~18 droplets.

Basically, the drop rate is total garbage and it is not remotely reasonable to expect to make Arcane equipment solely from droplets gained through grinding.
    darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2019
    220-250

52 arcane droplets and 15 spider droplets with 180% drop and spider/2x drop coupons (with the occasional 2x drop event).

WITH KISHIN

Yea nexon did not think this through...
    darik
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, one of the biggest issues is the low % drop of both droplets and arcane symbols, specially after drop rate nerf...
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    A weekly quest like the nodestone one in vanishing journey could help. Even if it's the same amount, three droplets per week guaranteed would be a lot better than "maybe I'll give five today, maybe I won't get any for a week". The only question becomes "where do you put it?"

It's fine to want things to take time to obtain, but if people are getting enough droplets for maybe a coin or two(if they're lucky, anyway) by the time they hit 250, then something's gotta change. Bad enough the genesis weapons are going to, rightly so in my opinion, take almost a year to acquire with perfect execution(no failed runs, doing it as much and as early as possible), perhaps it's time arcane gear was made a bit more accessible, considering that you still have to clear lucid for that side of it anyway.
    darik
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    A weekly quest like the nodestone one in vanishing journey could help. Even if it's the same amount, three droplets per week guaranteed would be a lot better than "maybe I'll give five today, maybe I won't get any for a week". The only question becomes "where do you put it?"

It's fine to want things to take time to obtain, but if people are getting enough droplets for maybe a coin or two(if they're lucky, anyway) by the time they hit 250, then something's gotta change. Bad enough the genesis weapons are going to, rightly so in my opinion, take almost a year to acquire with perfect execution(no failed runs, doing it as much and as early as possible), perhaps it's time arcane gear was made a bit more accessible, considering that you still have to clear lucid for that side of it anyway.

Either a daily/weekly quest would be good, or to have the bosses themselves drop droplets - have Lucid/Will drop 1-3, Hard Lucid/Will drop 3-5 (or something along those lines). Additionally, Tenebris should be dropping droplets as well - right now, we only get nodestones. These areas should drop one or both of the types of droplets that the previous area have.

As it stands now, it is just not feasible for someone to have Arcane gear without grinding out hundreds of hours (or paying a crapload of money). 235-250 took me probably ~100 hours, and to only have enough droplets to make 4/16 required coins for ONE piece of armor...? That's ridiculous.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    There needs to be something, whatever it may be. Look at absolab gear, the droplet stand-ins(faint stigma spirit stone and A-cores) for that can be gotten from drops or from area dailies. I see no reason why arcane is so different that you have to grind from 220 to the level cap(well, old cap I guess) and not get enough droplets for even one piece of anything.
    darik
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    edited February 2019
    The Droplet rates are especially atrocious in Reboot, where you can't buy them or trade for them at all. The only option is to farm them yourself... it's pretty absurd so a lot of people don't even bother.
    darik