[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Few questions, new player.

GanJaaazGanJaaaz
Reactions: 520
edited February 2019 in General Chat
Hello, so i've been looking around a new game I can sink my teeth into, and maplestory so far is the winner, I like the unique artsyle it has, all tho I need to ask:

1.-Well, I tried downloading it from Steam but it said my country was blocked, I reside in Venezuela, checked the FAQ on the maplestory website but it didnt say if my country was blocked, i'm just double checking.
2.-End game is important to me (for anyone), and was wondering whats there to do in end game maplestory.
3.-Hows the population, i'm sure its rather low being its an old game, with a newer maplestory version (all tho they dont seem anything alike)
4.-Any suggestions from old, newer players reading this post? would be nice :)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2019
    1. Looking things over, Steam has a few problems with Venezuela. I can't find anything about Maplestory blocking Venezuela either. I would double-check with Steam and see if they're doing anything.
    2. End-game is primarily bosses and training. After level 200, you'll move to the Arcane River area, which has bosses like Lucid and Will, as well as the Tenebris area with Verus Hilla, and finally the Black Mage fight.
    3. Bera and NA Reboot are the most popular servers. Most people hang out in towns if they're not grinding or some such.
    4. Choose a class you enjoy playing, not one that ranks high on the DPS charts. DPS charts are flawed, and don't matter any if you're not having fun playing.
    FuhreakGanJaaazYinYangX
  • GanJaaazGanJaaaz
    edited February 2019
    alright, so its worth for a new player to play this, i played maple 2 years ago and from venezuela had no problem, was just double checking.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    GanJaaaz wrote: »
    alright, so its worth for a new player to play this, i played maple 2 years ago and from venezuela had no problem, was just double checking.

My suggestion would be to bring a few friends in with you if you can. They'll make the game more fun.
    You'll have a hard time getting anyone to (party) play with you before then.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    2.-End game is important to me (for anyone), and was wondering whats there to do in end game maplestory.
    3.-Hows the population, i'm sure its rather low being its an old game, with a newer maplestory version (all tho they dont seem anything alike)

2- Aside from bossing + training like Neospector mentioned, there's other "side achievements" you can go for, like Maple Guide Stamp collecting, filling Monster Collection, gathering Achievements, etc.
    3. Scania is also a semi-populated world/server.
    4. Like the two comments above this, try out each class to see which one fits your niche (or read about them if you don't want to spend the time going through each of their tutorials, xd) and either bring friends or join a guild early on to have ppl to play/chat/get help with. (If you come to Scania, we'd be glad to have you join our guild. #shamelessplugging, xd)
  • GanJaaazGanJaaaz
    edited February 2019
    Awesome, you know i'll do that. Once I download the game ill post the ign :)
    YinYangXHuskyDM
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited February 2019
    Hello, so i've been looking around a new game I can sink my teeth into, and maplestory so far is the winner, I like the unique artsyle it has, all tho I need to ask:

1.-Well, I tried downloading it from Steam but it said my country was blocked, I reside in Venezuela, checked the FAQ on the maplestory website but it didnt say if my country was blocked, i'm just double checking.

1. I've never used the Steam version. You could try getting the Nexon downloader

2. Endgame is vast and layered. When you reach level 100 you have to start working on getting your character stronger so it can face the later challenges at level 200 where the real endgame begins.

3. There are several worlds to pick but the better one so far is Scania. Bera has its particular issues. Then there is Windia, the alliance servers which are the GRAZED servers (Galicia, Renegades, Arcania, Zenith, El Lago and Dementhos), MYBCKN (Mardia, Yellonde, Bellocan, Chaos, Kradia and Nova) and Broa Khaini, all of which are the low population servers with Windia being the medium size and Broa Khaini being the smallest ones. An alliance server is simply worlds that all play together in the same server. On a low population world you don't have to compete with others for maps to train but you won't find many players willing to do party content outside of a guild.
    Reboot is its own beast where trading is disabled, enemies are stronger and you can get almost everything by playing. Both normal servers and Reboot servers are the same game but the communities within are wildly different.

4. Choose any class you want to play. Every class has its own unique quirks and details that make them special. MapleStory kinda requires you to have multiple characters in the same world at high levels to get some of the best bonuses so there is an incentive for you to try out as many classes as you can, so don't be afraid to try something new. Leveling all the way to 200 is easy so don't worry if the class you are currently playing is not the one you want to commit to, you can easily work back to the level you were before.
    There are several bosses in the game which are the main challenge of the game, some are good, some are bad, and all of them are hard. Don't get discouraged if one boss absolutely destroys you, get stronger, get better items, and even try calling people for help, at this time people are always looking for people to play with.
    The amount of content that there is in this game is staggering, both old and new. For your first character I would highly suggest to not rush with leveling, instead take your time and enjoy everything that the game has to offer. You can solo almost all of the game, including the strongest bosses, so if you don't find people at first don't worry too much about it.
    You might, unfortunately, find bots on the field. Report them if you can, please.

That's all I can think of, happy Mapling
    Fuhreak