[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How often do new events come out?

HuskyDMHuskyDM
Reactions: 3,745
edited February 2019 in General Chat
Is there some clear amount of time between old events ending and new events coming out? Like every 2 weeks or once every month?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    I'm sure this doesn't answer your question the way you hoped to have it answered, but the typical progression seems to be that a new batch of events starts up after the end-date for anything currently ongoing hits.

Ex: the alliance coin shop and lunar new year events run until the 12th, at which time the utah's farm event will start. Once those start, whatever their end date is will likely be a new batch of events.

You're basically spot-on with "every couple weeks or once a month", just it depends on what the events actually are or what's coming in the near future. Some events end with a game update.
    HuskyDMscholar624
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Ex: the alliance coin shop and lunar new year events run until the 12th, at which time the utah's farm event will start. Once those start, whatever their end date is will likely be a new batch of events.

Well, Utah's Farm starts this week, after today's reset, but it does coincide with the end of the Fresh Start event.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    Occire wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Well, Utah's Farm starts this week, after today's reset, but it does coincide with the end of the Fresh Start event.

Huh, I thought I saw the 12th as its start date. That's my bad then.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited February 2019
    IMO, they come out a bit too often.
    As a time poor player, I seem to be analysing event info every week or two to try and work out whether I'm better off spending my couple of hours a day trying to get something nice from an event, or just playing the base game. (Would not complain if someone with spare time could summarise the events down to how much time required for what reward, but I guess that info isn't available until the event starts, so it could be halfway over before they can post about it.)
    The frequency of event bugs suggests that Nexon might be pushing themselves a little too hard with how many they are doing.
    Its great that they are putting effort into lots of events, but it looks like a bit too much quantity and not quite enough quality.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    HousePet wrote: »
    IMO, they come out a bit too often.
    As a time poor player, I seem to be analysing event info every week or two to try and work out whether I'm better off spending my couple of hours a day trying to get something nice from an event, or just playing the base game. (Would not complain if someone with spare time could summarise the events down to how much time required for what reward, but I guess that info isn't available until the event starts, so it could be halfway over before they can post about it.)
    The frequency of event bugs suggests that Nexon might be pushing themselves a little too hard with how many they are doing.
    Its great that they are putting effort into lots of events, but it looks like a bit too much quantity and not quite enough quality.

You're absolutely not wrong, sometimes it feels like they go nuts with events and dump like ten different things on you at once. They've gotten... better? It's still annoying sometimes, but I don't think it's gotten as bad as it used to.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited February 2019
    I actually forgot about the daily login one for the Lunar New Year for a few days, because there were so many other things to do. XD
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    You didn't miss anything with that one. Every day of it was just one more bag of crap than the last. Always giving the same things. You didn't even get anything for finishing all of them, just a further seven of the damn things.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, I agree with that. I currently have no use for those items at the moment.