[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Higher HP mobs in normal servers

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To allow players that are strong enough to grind effectively but are limited by the low HP of normal world mobs there should be "high difficulty" or "high hp" areas.

Currently reboot has access to monsters with higher HP than normal servers and 2.3x the base exp. Normal server should be given the same opportunities to grind at high speeds if they are strong enough to do so.
MrASAP

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    To allow players that are strong enough to grind effectively but are limited by the low HP of normal world mobs there should be "high difficulty" or "high hp" areas.

Currently reboot has access to monsters with higher HP than normal servers and 2.3x the base exp. Normal server should be given the same opportunities to grind at high speeds if they are strong enough to do so.

I do believe Star force maps work up to 200 with their higher stats/exp, perhaps adding some 200+ starforce maps would help?
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I do believe Star force maps work up to 200 with their higher stats/exp, perhaps adding some 200+ starforce maps would help?

As far as I know, arcane river has mobs at level 210 that have about 50k more EXP than the tranquil erdas and one of the better maps are the Joyful Erda (level 210) and Stone Erdas (also level 210). It's far better EXP wise than grinding at tranquil erda if you want to storm through Arcane River until you're ready for ChuChu. Idk if there's any maps like this in Chu Chu since I've barely reached the end of it but Arcane River has those maps for now.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Honestly I'm not sure if Reboot should have different rates at all.
    Yes mobs have more HP, but the point of reboot is to be harder.
    Doesn't making them give more EXP kind of counterbalance that?
    While you could argue that reboot players deserve a bonus based on having to climb that high on their own merits, I'm not so sure we need it to be THAT high.
    Given that the developers have to make grind easier to keep up with power creep, maybe the gap between reboot and normal servers can close a little in the future.
    AznboiE wrote: »
    As far as I know, arcane river has mobs at level 210 that have about 50k more EXP than the tranquil erdas and one of the better maps are the Joyful Erda (level 210) and Stone Erdas (also level 210). It's far better EXP wise than grinding at tranquil erda if you want to storm through Arcane River until you're ready for ChuChu. Idk if there's any maps like this in Chu Chu since I've barely reached the end of it but Arcane River has those maps for now.

Hidden Lakeshore, Hidden Fire Zone and Hidden Cave are basically starforce maps. Requiring slightly more (80) AF than the other maps in the chain.
    The mob levels are 209 instead of 210 and it's Soulful Erdas not Stone, however.
    Chu Chu sadly does not have a similar area. However once you get to level 220, you always have the option to fight mobs at a higher level than you. (Until the final area, at least.)
    Lachelin (220+) is level 220-228, Arcana (225+) is level 230-240, Morass (230+) is 236-245, Esfera (235+) is 240-249, Moonbridge (245+) is 250-254 Labyrinth of Suffering (250+) is 255-259 and finally you have to go back to fighting things at the same or lower level (eventually) once you reach Limina (255+), which is 260-264.
    This is why I find 220+ easier/less annoying than 200-220 personally.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Would love to see more feedback for or against this idea.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited February 2019
    Or maybe more of these kinds of areas back when there were only 3 symbols, which are 360 AF maps which giving like 1.5x exp comparing to second highest lv mob map.